Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2022 11:11:09 AM EDT
I have a cheap goodyear air compressor (thank you Walmart clearance thread) and bought a kobalt inflator gun for tyres.

Went to use said gun the other day and the connector wasn't on it... found the connector where it had fallen off, and reattached it. Tried to use it... doesn't seal to the valve and let's air out.

I'm guessing I'm missing an o-ring seal in the connector? Any ideas on size and where to get one?Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Cheap chinesium crap.
Find your nearest hydraulic shop (they also handle pneumatics), or WW Grainger store, and replace the hose, and connector chuck.

Quality hose and fittings will out last the compressor.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#2]
You near me?  I have $30 million in o-rings on the shelf at my various branches.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You near me?  I have $30 million in o-rings on the shelf at my various branches.
View Quote

MO not MI unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cheap chinesium crap.
Find your nearest hydraulic shop (they also handle pneumatics), or WW Grainger store, and replace the hose, and connector chuck.

Quality hose and fittings will out last the compressor.
View Quote

So where does the o-ring go? I tried disassembling another tire filler air chuck and it doesn't look like those rings work.

Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
You could, especially if you're in the Springfield area, take it to Hyspeco or another hydraulic shop and see if they'd be willing to grab an o-ring that will fit and sell it to you for under $10.  However, you are probably better off, especially given the time it will take you to do this, buying a new air chuck from Lowe's.

Edit: if you were to go the repair route, the o-ring will go in the area below the threads that I have circled.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could, especially if you're in the Springfield area, take it to Hyspeco or another hydraulic shop and see if they'd be willing to grab an o-ring that will fit and sell it to you for under $10.  However, you are probably better off, especially given the time it will take you to do this, buying a new air chuck from Lowe's.

Edit: if you were to go the repair route, the o-ring will go in the area below the threads that I have circled.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258113/7E4960E1-2F65-4C59-8094-9B6BA93A23C8_jpe-2546434.JPG
View Quote

Thanks.

Lowes is already replacing it with a different one... just seems a waste to throw it away for the sake of a 50c piece of rubber.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks.

Lowes is already replacing it with a different one... just seems a waste to throw it away for the sake of a 50c piece of rubber.
View Quote

You’re welcome. Sad to say, any air tool that comes from a big-box store in a blister pack is cheaper and easier to replace than repair.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

What company? Do you offer anything x-ray detectable?
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 11:34:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What company? Do you offer anything x-ray detectable?
View Quote

@Finnbear

Shoot me a PM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top