Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 12:16:43 AM EDT
so stopped at local gun store.  they were talking about hurting for ammo inventory.  i let it be known i have 400rds 762x51 and 300rds 38 special that i could part with.  i dont shoot either caliber much or have many guns in those calibers.  they have a new glock 19 and new sig 226.  i wouldnt mind having either handgun, esp the sig.  i bought all this ammo when prices were normal.  would you trade for either gun?

thanks for the input.  i can be an indecisive person.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
You would still have to kick in a lot of money even if they would trade.  Ammo is still trickling out so they will just wait until the next lot comes in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#2]
if they will trade you straight up for the sig and you feel like you are coming out on top I'd do it!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You would still have to kick in a lot of money even if they would trade.  Ammo is still trickling out so they will just wait until the next lot comes in.
View Quote

they sounded desperate for either caliber.  some dudes in the store even offered to buy it from me.  but i dont want the cash i want the handguns.

i think i could negotiate a even trade.  thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I've found that I can always use another Glock 19.

SIG 226, not so much.

ymmv
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've found that I can always use another Glock 19.

SIG 226, not so much.

ymmv
View Quote

Exactly the opposite for me.

OP, as long as no case is needed I’d make that trade for the Sig.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, but we can both agree on your avatar being really good
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I would not
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol do you talk like this in real life?

Unless you are the lgs employee that OP spoke with earlier, how could you possibly know that he would have to “kick in a lot of money?”

There’s a difference between facts and options. Somehow along the way, people have completely abandoned that logic.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#9]
the only thing that makes me hesitate is jo and ho.  how much can they ram through?  if i could easily replace the ammo in a few months, it would be a no brainer.  but i am a little more concerned this time, they make ammo difficult to get.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Unless you are the lgs employee that OP spoke with earlier, how could you possibly know that he would have to “kick in a lot of money?”

There’s a difference between facts and options. Somehow along the way, people have completely abandoned that logic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no i would not have to throw in any cash unless sales tax is mandated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#12]
The only way ammo is leaving my possession is against a berm.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Absolutely!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:08:18 AM EDT
[#14]
If you have enough ammo on hand that you are comfortable parting with some and they will trade straight across I so go for it. I do it in a heart beat. I'd go for the Sig just because I've been wanting one lately but either one is GTG.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#15]
thanks for all the opinions.

they seemed really interested.  another store down the road opens at 9am, they ration out 1 box to each customer, from 1 case.  when that sells out, that is the end for the day.  (of the popular calibers)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:09:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Get the Sig and don't look back.  You can always get
a Glock.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#17]
yeah i kind of want the sig.  the only other pistols in the case were 2 hi points .  but i dont think i want either of those.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I love my 226.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:18:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I feel like everything from SIG is some sort of special edition these days. Would need to know details but my guess is the MSRP and trade value on the sig is higher than the current gen Glock 19

That being said, I have several Sig's and Glocks and think the Glock 19 is basically the best all around hand gun. If you don't already have a Glock 19 I'd consider getting one
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:24:24 AM EDT
[#20]
You're sitting on about $550 worth ammo, not a stretch for the Glock, so get the Sig.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:25:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Glock, if you have ammo for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:57 AM EDT
[#22]
the listed price for g19 is around 600.  the listed price for the 226 is around 650.  kind of high for prices if in normal times.

i think i could neg for either pistol.  it sounded bleak as far as getting any ammo.  sounds like they could sell my trade ammo for 7-800, maybe more.

one guy acted like 38 special was unobtanium
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#23]
.38 spl is pretty unobtainable right now. Most stores have been selling it (local to me) for ~70cpr since June or so.

I'd make the trade for the Glock because it's my platform of choice and I don't have a .38 or a .308.

Personally I'd sell the ammo on the private market, you'll probably come put ahead unless time is of the essence. Don't count on replacing the ammo st reasonable prices for a couple of years at best.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:53:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
.38 spl is pretty unobtainable right now. Most stores have been selling it (local to me) for ~70cpr since June or so.

I'd make the trade for the Glock because it's my platform of choice and I don't have a .38 or a .308.

Personally I'd sell the ammo on the private market, you'll probably come put ahead unless time is of the essence. Don't count on replacing the ammo st reasonable prices for a couple of years at best.
View Quote

i have other guns to shoot.  and thanks to this site, i can shoot 22lr until my finger falls off.

but yeah i wouldnt even think about replacing anything i traded until a long while from now.

thanks all for the input.  maybe the private sales would be the best route.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#25]
I would definitely trade ammo for a gun or other item if the trade was fair to favorable to me.   But I would guess they will want extra for the gun and low on your ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top