Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2021 6:12:23 PM EDT
Would be awesome if we had the ability to create a teams.  Where you can create a team name that others can join/leave when they want.  This would give you the ability ping the group. Such as "@team:luckygang look at this" .

This could also be useful for industry partners. People can join a an industry partners team and get notified for new products, contests, deals etc.  

Members with specialty skills who want to help others could join a team for those purposes as well.

Mechanics
IT help
Homesteading
Reloading
AR15 builds
doctor/medical
lawyer

So if you are having a car problem and need help, you can "@team:Mechanics Any advice on my problem?".  Pinging would send a notification to everyone who joined the group who wants to be pinged when people call the group for help.

Too complicated to implement? Dumb idea?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah, you want to turn Ar15.com into Facebook.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah, you want to turn Ar15.com into Facebook.
View Quote

Sounds.....familiar.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the idea.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
There are plenty of categories and subcategories here to get your questions asked from what lawnmower, minivan to buy to the best way to cook venison. Just subscribe to the post. The thing is once everyone is done sharing their advice and opinions the tread disappears into the sunset until the question comes around again.

Most of the topics you want to discuss can be found here. And if it's not there you can start it and manage your post like it's your very own group.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/

I think adding a Facebook groups feature would be great for industry partners so great that industry partners marketers would be banned from them because they would spam them with ads. They already have the ability by following topics related to their businesses and offering solutions.

I also think the kind of coding that would be required to create that would be a nightmare for a well-established site of this size maybe someday when it's time to do a major overhaul and they start looking for suggestions. It's not as simple as a WordPress plug-in that you turn on and all of a sudden with have groups.

It would be nice to have a 2A Friendly Facebook-like page
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top