Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2022 8:19:20 PM EDT
I'm attending this training pretty soon.  Any suggestions from those who've attended?  

I hear it's overall pretty straight forward, but want to make sure I don't fuck it up
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Stay awake?

When I went through it, we were all chatting at the beginning of class one day. The instructor was a retired AA Captain and come to find out I attended the same high school as his daughter and around the same time frame. Someone made a joke about how I might have dated his daughter.

I almost became the first person to fail the CTP course

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to ATP Jets in Dallas, but I assume it is similar to wherever you're going in Atlanta.  There will be an in-house test after your week of ground school.  Day 1 ask around with other students, chances are someone has a "study sheet" for it.  You'll do sims over the weekend.  Some will be full motion, some will be very basic.  Don't worry about flows/procedures, they're mainly just exposing you to new concepts.

I briefly looked over Sheppard Air a few days before ATP-CTP and didn't really start studying hard until the Monday of the class and took the ATM written 7 days later, that next Monday.  I studied about 4-5 hours a night during the week of the course.  I would say that's the BARE MINIMUM amount of time to study.  I would try to start studying pretty hard for it a week before the class starts to make it easier on yourself.  I was sweating it worried I was going to fail, but I got a 94-95% something like that.  Just follow the study aid that Sheppard Air gives you and you'll be fine.

So see if there's a gouge and try to start studying Sheppard Air a week before the ATP-CTP course are my suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to ATP Jets in Dallas, but I assume it is similar to wherever you're going in Atlanta.  There will be an in-house test after your week of ground school.  Day 1 ask around with other students, chances are someone has a "study sheet" for it.  You'll do sims over the weekend.  Some will be full motion, some will be very basic.  Don't worry about flows/procedures, they're mainly just exposing you to new concepts.

I briefly looked over Sheppard Air a few days before ATP-CTP and didn't really start studying hard until the Monday of the class and took the ATM written 7 days later, that next Monday.  I studied about 4-5 hours a night during the week of the course.  I would say that's the BARE MINIMUM amount of time to study.  I would try to start studying pretty hard for it a week before the class starts to make it easier on yourself.  I was sweating it worried I was going to fail, but I got a 94-95% something like that.  Just follow the study aid that Sheppard Air gives you and you'll be fine.

So see if there's a gouge and try to start studying Sheppard Air a week before the ATP-CTP course are my suggestions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks!  I already have the Mil2ATP Package, which includes the Sheppard Air App, which I've already started to work through.  Class start is Sunday, then the ATM test is the next Sunday.
Quoted:
Stay awake?

When I went through it, we were all chatting at the beginning of class one day. The instructor was a retired AA Captain and come to find out I attended the same high school as his daughter and around the same time frame. Someone made a joke about how I might have dated his daughter.

I almost became the first person to fail the CTP course

Thanks to both of you, and what you've said aligns pretty much with what I've heard... if you stay awake and have a pulse, you'll be fine!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top