Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe everyone on this forum should all send them an actual bag of dicks to eat to show them how much we love them.

Bag of Dicks - sent anonymously

View Quote

Oh man, that’s fucking awesome. I may have a target or two for that.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I have an 40+ stamp collection and I want to keep it in one trust.  

Not getting my wife to go get finger printed for an SBR is totally worth going with SS.
View Quote

@Steamedliver

Make a digital copy of your fingerprint cards and you can print them out anytime you want them.

I got my wife to make 2 cards for me, digitized it (with her signature), and all I have to do now is print them out, date it, and mail it off.

She hasn't been involved in the process since the first one. Of course I get her permission each time

All you need is a scanner and access to photoshop (or know someone who has access). There is a detailed thread here if you're interested I'll try to find it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the ATF?
They dont exist they are a fake enforcement agency that is in violation of the Constitution from the start when they were made.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
What SS needs to do is just come up with a way to add Form 1’s to your existing trust without going through them.  Just pay them $XXXXXXXX.XX and they give you a copy you can upload when YOU do a Form 1.  

My son went the SS One Shot Trust and didn’t tell me.  Now he wants to do a Form 1 build and cannot figure out how to get shit all on one Trust.  Told him he first needs expedite his SS purchase since he is transferring in the Army very soon.  He’s putting me on these trusts so I can keep his cans secure while he’s stationed in VA.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe everyone on this forum should all send them an actual bag of dicks to eat to show them how much we love them.

Bag of Dicks - sent anonymously

View Quote

I really do love that idea. Make it a national campaign.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
are they trying to get people to stop asking permission?  because that's how you get people to stop asking permission.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Why would you presumably pay someone to E-File a form 1? lol
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

To add it to your SS Trust.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like something a limited power of attorney would solve...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, was this part of their one shot trust or whatever it’s called?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've done two form 1's via the silencer shop in 2018 for SBR's with no problems at all.

I wonder what changed?
View Quote

Same here. I have two SBRs that I did on a Silencer Shop form 1 service. Got the stamps for them and everything. If they fucked up, too late! GOt my stamps, bitches!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
D
e
f
u
n
d

the ATF
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because its an easy way to get normal people to jump through the ATF hoops with a user friendly all in one station.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What is the ATF?
They dont exist they are a fake enforcement agency that is in violation of the Constitution from the start when they were made.
View Quote

Cool! Post some pics of your tax free stamps and sbrs, and show me where you drilled the third hole you badass you
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It could be, but doesn't necessarily have to be.
My trust wasnt done through SS. But it has been uploaded to their site. Along with all the photos and fingerprints of all my responsible parties.
When the form 1 service works, it is easier than efile. It can be a week or two slower. But that's how it goes when you hire work out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cool! Post some pics of your tax free stamps and sbrs, and show me where you drilled the third hole you badass you
View Quote

If he did, would you have his back? If not, why call him out?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Holy crap.

I'm surprised after it took them like 2 years working with the ATF to get it going again.

Good think its so easy to do a form 1  yourself.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Am I taking crazy pills? Didn't this also happen a couple of years ago? I've been out of the nfa loop for a while but I was under the impression the ATF stated this was a no go several years ago.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What is the ATF?
View Quote

Every law they enforce has been found to be constitutional by the people who actually decide what is, and what isn't........

Not that I necessarily agree, but chose to deny their existence and power to ruin you at your own risk.....

When you go someplace, do you "drive", or are you "travelling" ???
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
While the process shouldn't be necessary, I can understand in this case legal issues with a third party handling the filing of what is essentially a tax document en masse.

It is also a very easy document to file on your own, although the ATF efile website looks and acts like it was made by Indian H1Bs with brain damage.

I can understand complications arising if a form has to be amended or corrected and they bounce back to SS first.

But anyway, fatf.
View Quote

You mean like every H&R Block ever?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That's different.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where do I submit my paperwork for permission to speak freely, worship as I see fit, distribute a newsletter, or to be afforded a jury trial?
That's different.

Sadly it is exactly the same.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Every law they enforce has been found to be constitutional by the people who actually decide what is, and what isn't........

Not that I necessarily agree, but chose to deny their existence and power to ruin you at your own risk.....

When you go someplace, do you "drive", or are you "travelling" ???
View Quote

The people who decide constitutionality... by virtue of a court case wherein they declared themselves to be the arbiters of constitutionality.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If he did, would you have his back? If not, why call him out?
View Quote

I would. I support defunding the ATF and would be fine if everyone owned a DD and carried an AOW IWB but until we get in their face like the weed people we will never win.

I am also unwilling to be first.

I don’t claim to be a badass by not rolling atf rules (sbr,SBS, multiple can owner myself) but it pisses me off when people pretend they don’t play by the rules
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#27]
NFA unconstitutional without question.

However the form 1s are for people willing to put the time and sweat into doing their own.  The only benefit is a quicker turn around for the stamp.
I thought what SS was doing was shitty. If successful they could potentially eliminate the benefits of Form 1 suppressors.  They knew that and they also knew if they could do that and increase the wait times people would say why would I build I'll just buy a commercial from SS.  It was an initial move to continue cornering the market.  Which they have done a very effective job of.  I like SS, I like their innovation and forward thinking in NFA ownership.  I don't like monopolies though.

In addition if you can't figure out how to do your own e file are you really capable enough to be building your own silencer?

I view this kind of like the people who decided to file by trust, to get the benefits of the trust, but then complained that people who filed individually shouldn't get their stamps faster. Even though the trusts take longer and are more work to process.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck the ATF and all the forms I'll be like Schultz on Hogan's Heroes I see nothing

I mean it's not like we're pulling down statues and damaging property.

Why would you file a form to build something but have someone else do the form?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's almost like ATF goes out of its way to deny us our rights.  

But that can't be correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF can eat a big old bag o’ dicks. Fucking asswipes.

It's almost like ATF goes out of its way to deny us our rights.  

But that can't be correct.

How can that possibly be with a Republican as the chief executive?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would. I support defunding the ATF and would be fine if everyone owned a DD and carried an AOW IWB but until we get in their face like the weed people we will never win.

I don’t claim to be a badass by not rolling atf rules (sbr,SBS, multiple can owner myself) but it pisses me off when people pretend they don’t play by the rules
View Quote

I think you would be surprised just how many there are out there that aren't pretending. To tap dance to the ATF's tune is fine don't act like a lot do not
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#31]
That sucks, as many people rely upon Silencer Shop to handle the transaction for them and Silencer Shop is helping to get more NFA firearms out there into the general population which whether you agree or disagree with the construct of the NFA, more guns = more better in my opinion.

That said, I personally wouldn't pay Silencer Shop for something I can do faster and cheaper myself and to be honest their Form 1 track record isn't exactly the best.

However, I totally get why people would want to use them so they don't have to buy fingerprint ink and a card holder to roll their own prints or go get them rolled by the local LE, and navigate the EForms Website that has all the look, feel and functionality of a early 2000s era geocities website.

In this case Silencer Shop is acting like Jiffy Lube and oil changes.  Sure most folks can do it themselves  but it's worth the extra $25 over the cost of the oil and filter to not spend an hour or two of your own labor and potentially getting oil all over your driveway.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree except for the pissing me off part when one of our peeps talks down on unjust laws. We as gun owners should be willing to step up financially and rhetorically for people who are busted on simple gun charges. Sort of like a 2nd amendment aclu. There has to be a metric ton of people who ignore some or all of the rules and they should have the full support of the community if that’s the extent of their “crimes”. Either we fully support the 2nd or we don’t. There shouldn’t be a stigma on people who flaunt unjust laws. Actions almost always start with words. We shouldn’t speak ill of fellow Americans who are simply exercising this right without an illegal permission slip.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I am one of the ones waiting for a denial. Submitted 5/7. I went through Silencer Shop because I wanted to use a Single Shot Trust. I guess now I still have the trust to submit myself.

F the ATF, SS didn't submit my form I clicked submit they just helped fill it out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What SS needs to do is just come up with a way to add Form 1’s to your existing trust without going through them.  Just pay them $XXXXXXXX.XX and they give you a copy you can upload when YOU do a Form 1.  

My son went the SS One Shot Trust and didn’t tell me.  Now he wants to do a Form 1 build and cannot figure out how to get shit all on one Trust.  Told him he first needs expedite his SS purchase since he is transferring in the Army very soon.  He’s putting me on these trusts so I can keep his cans secure while he’s stationed in VA.
View Quote

Single Shot Trusts are just that.  For one item only.  You can add additional people to the trust after approval, but you can’t add additional NFA items.  You either have to get a new Single Shot Trust, or a more conventional trust if you want to have multiple items on one trust.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

So can you put it in a trust after doing a form 1?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Am I taking crazy pills? Didn't this also happen a couple of years ago? I've been out of the nfa loop for a while but I was under the impression the ATF stated this was a no go several years ago.
View Quote

Something similar happened in about November 2018 when eFile F1 started, but they weren’t sent back disapproved.  The applications were just in limbo until SS and the ATF worked out a solution.  The problem at the time was SS submitted all of the forms through one ID and the ATF said you couldn’t do that.  Each maker had to have their own ID.  The “fix”, which finally got the approvals done, was that SS resubmitted all of the forms by creating a new ID for each different individual/trust, and then having the maker logging in (using the ID that SS created for them) and doing the final signoff and hitting the submit button themselves.

It sounds like what SS was doing this time, but now the ATF has decided it was no longer acceptable.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
F the ATF.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Something similar happened in about November 2018 when eFile F1 started, but they weren’t sent back disapproved.  The applications were just in limbo until SS and the ATF worked out a solution.  The problem at the time was SS submitted all of the forms through one ID and the ATF said you couldn’t do that.  Each maker had to have their own ID.  The “fix”, which finally got the approvals done, was that SS resubmitted all of the forms by creating a new ID for each different individual/trust, and then having the maker logging in (using the ID that SS created for them) and doing the final signoff and hitting the submit button themselves.

It sounds like what SS was doing this time, but now the ATF has decided it was no longer acceptable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my experience this go round.
My other one was spring 2018. That went smoothly.
I knew about the past problems, and understood there might be issues this time around, but I was willing to be a Guinea pig.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So can you put it in a trust after doing a form 1?
View Quote

Assuming it’s an already approved F1, only if you submit a Form 4 to transfer from individual/existing trust to the new trust, and wait 10 months or so.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry for whoever was waiting on these.

Now, does this mean individual paper form 4’s will be approved quicker?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Not using efile for a F1

Lol
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not using efile for a F1

Lol
View Quote

My understanding was you cant not use EFile for a F1.
These last two batches of form 1s were efiled.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Individual E-File F1's are fast and easy...my last was a little over 3 weeks to approval

It's using SS and trusts that has caused a problem for people....

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Individual E-File F1's are fast and easy...my last was a little over 3 weeks to approval

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. F1 efile is like a rubber stamp compared to the paper process
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Why can my accountant file my taxes but my arms dealer cannot file my tax stamp?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I can't believe people spend $200 on top of an already overpriced aluminum tube, wait 30+ days just to be on the short list for confiscation down the road.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't have to be on his trusts to be able to keep his silencers when your son is away.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t believe that’s true.  You an still do a paper F1.  Just be prepared to wait because it won’t be nearly as quick as eFile.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

E-forms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've done two form 1's via the silencer shop in 2018 for SBR's with no problems at all.

I wonder what changed?

E-forms.

E-Forms was a thing way before 2018.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top