BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/16/2022 11:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150]
If you've got a Concept2 Rower, you should be a member of ARFCOM ERGERS

2024 World Erg Challenge is March 15–April 15!

Want to participate? Join the ARFCOM team, indicate you'll be participating in the challenge on your team member page (check spoiler), row, and record meters in the ErgData app (apple link) or (google play link). All there is to it!
Click To View Spoiler
OP will be updated regularly with news and events, but please keep the thread going!
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Signed up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
In.

I'll probably mostly follow the WOD with an emphasis on controlling stroke rate and improving split times.

For any newcomers, concept2 has a free app called ergdata available in both apple and google app stores. This app links to your rower to display real-time data, track progress in your logbook, and can upload the WOD (workout of the day) to the rower which eliminates a lot of button presses and fuss. The app can be used with a rower at home, your friend's rower, and any concept2 rower at a gym, or wherever. It doesn't get much easier than that, the hard part is getting your butt in the seat and pulling some meters

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wookie1562:
For any newcomers, concept2 has a free app called ergdata available in both apple and google app stores. This app links to your rower to display real-time data, track progress in your logbook, and can upload the WOD (workout of the day) to the rower which eliminates a lot of button presses and fuss. The app can be used with a rower at home, your friend's rower, and any concept2 rower at a gym, or wherever. It doesn't get much easier than that, the hard part is getting your butt in the seat and pulling some meters
View Quote

Oh yeah! I added links to the OP. Thanks for the reminder.

Blast email sent to current members. Happy new year, all.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:

Oh yeah! I added links to the OP. Thanks for the reminder.

Blast email sent to current members. Happy new year, all.
View Quote

Got the email thanks, that will give me some extra motivation for the month.

I didn't have much rowing consistency going last year so the hardest part was usually just being in the seat for very long. I'd get to 14-15minutes and my butt is tired of the position.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ll see what I can do. Right now I’m dealing with a bulged disc. I’m scheduled for a Dr. visit early in the month, and I’ll ask about rowing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I signed up.  I've been too lazy and packed on a few pounds.  Time to get back in shape.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Combat_Leader:Got the email thanks, that will give me some extra motivation for the month.
I didn't have much rowing consistency going last year so the hardest part was usually just being in the seat for very long. I'd get to 14-15minutes and my butt is tired of the position.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Leader:Got the email thanks, that will give me some extra motivation for the month.

Same. But 14-15 minutes is a good 3k or so at my lazy pace, which adds up!
Originally Posted By 338winmag:
I’ll see what I can do. Right now I’m dealing with a bulged disc. I’m scheduled for a Dr. visit early in the month, and I’ll ask about rowing.

Don't beat yourself up more. Hope doc has good news.
Originally Posted By baxt3r:
I signed up.  I've been too lazy and packed on a few pounds.  Time to get back in shape.

Likewise. See you on the charts.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Alright I'm in
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#9]
2500 done at a nice weak 2:30 split.

We’re on the board
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I did 2500 today as well, but EXR only sent 1000 to the C2 logbook.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#11]
The WOD today

Welcome to "2023"

Ouch
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm working through the Beginner Pete Plan. Week 3 - Workout 3 today.

5 min warm-up + 6K row at ~2:12 pace + 5 min cool-down.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Another WOD down. Going to have to get into a morning routine going back to work tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:
View Quote

Carry us.

WOD today is 5k for time. I started then realized I’d scheduled a call 1500 in. Idiot! Oh well.

Ankle was acting up last week but good again, so will post some numbers this week.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]
10 signups and almost a quarter million meters! Great work everyone.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#17]
sigh

Ah, what the hell.  I'm just working into this again, and am dealing with a hernia,* but why not throw my meters in too.  In.

(*) Note how slickly I got an excuse in right at the start.  You learn that kind of cagy behavior as you get old.**

(**) Did it again!  You guys need to take notes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:45:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#18]
Originally Posted By vim:
sigh

Ah, what the hell.  I'm just working into this again, and am dealing with a hernia,* but why not throw my meters in too.  In.

(*) Note how slickly I got an excuse in right at the start.  You learn that kind of cagy behavior as you get old.**

(**) Did it again!  You guys need to take notes.
View Quote
Welcome! You showed up, which puts you ahead of a whole lot of people

We are currently 40th place among the 6-20 participant category (69 current)! Not bad, not bad.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:08:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -CUJO-] [#19]

Carry us.
View Quote

Lol!

Last year, I was doing 8,000m probably 6-7X/week (232K meters in Jan).  I managed to get golfer’s elbow and it took almost 8 months for it to heal.

I’ve reduced the distance and am only going at it 4X/week now.  Getting old kind of sucks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:
Lol!

Last year, I was doing 8,000m probably 6-7X/week (232K meters in Jan).  I managed to get golfer’s elbow and it took almost 8 months for it to heal.

I’ve reduced the distance and am only going at it 4X/week now.  Getting old kind of sucks.
View Quote
I need to figure my form and setup out. Ramping down on the straps but now the top of my left foot arch is killing me. Reading that’s a common problem.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 1:16:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Happy to see everyone on the team has pulled some meters. You guys are crushing it! Almost halfway through the month, keep on rowing!
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Happy to see everyone on the team has pulled some meters. You guys are crushing it! Almost halfway through the month, keep on rowing!
View Quote

A couple of guys on the team are REALLY crushing it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:A couple of guys on the team are REALLY crushing it!
View Quote
Then there’s me

I strained my back on a 185lb squat so I’ve spent the weekend pondering my value as a human being. But… felt ok today. Added a 3k. If I don’t wake up fixed tomorrow I’ll go for 5.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#24]
I signed up forgetting I had a vasectomy scheduled a couple days in. Oh well healed up now and can hopefully add some meters.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Combat_Leader:
I signed up forgetting I had a vasectomy scheduled a couple days in. Oh well healed up now and can hopefully add some meters.
View Quote
Ooof. Yeah, take it easy. Glad you’re feeling better.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Final stretch! We're #39 in the standings for Virtual teams with 6-20 participants. Yay!
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Final stretch! We're #39 in the standings for Virtual teams with 6-20 participants. Yay!
View Quote

Hopefully there’s more than 39 teams!
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:Hopefully there’s more than 39 teams!
View Quote

70. I'll take it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:41:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Currently far from my rower with a family situation.  You go, guys!
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Unless Jay breaks a leg today, i don't think im going to catch him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By PKT1106:
View Quote

Someone’s got to be on the bottom third of the chart. I know my place.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Do I have to worry about a Tonya Harding situation here?

My numbers are coming back down. Been doing two-a-days most of this week to make up for sessions I missed last week because of work travel. I'm caught up but am completely cooked.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry but with the weather in the upper 40's and sunny I had to go for a bike ride.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I need to get a C2 and do this.  things are so expensive now though
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Iguana775:
I need to get a C2 and do this.  things are so expensive now though
View Quote

Keep checking your local craigslist.  Lightning can strike.

We don't have any challenge going ATM (I believe), but tomorrow is literally my first day back on the rower after surgery.  I'll be eeeasing into things.  I have between now and mid-May to get back what fitness I can.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Keep checking your local craigslist.  Lightning can strike.

We don't have any challenge going ATM (I believe), but tomorrow is literally my first day back on the rower after surgery.  I'll be eeeasing into things.  I have between now and mid-May to get back what fitness I can.
View Quote

yea, will do that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#37]

yea, will do that.
View Quote

Good luck.  Even with all the fitness people here in Boulder, this got posted yesterday ($350 OBO):  https://boulder.craigslist.org/spo/d/boulder-concept-rower/7601620159.html
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Among virtual teams with 6-20 members participating, we got 42nd overall out of 71 in the team challenge. By god, I'll take it!

Apologies for dropping off radar. I've also taken some time off rowing to focus on weight, and getting fat is really helping my bench.

I should keep up with it though. The World Erg Challenge runs through the 15th, if we'd like to rack up some meters for that. Same thing, if you want to add 'em up, click that you're participating on the Team Member page.

Next one is Fall Team Challenge: September 15–October 15
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Good luck.  Even with all the fitness people here in Boulder, this got posted yesterday ($350 OBO):  https://boulder.craigslist.org/spo/d/boulder-concept-rower/7601620159.html
View All Quotes

yea, will do that.

Yeesh, I'd drive pretty far just to look at that.  The machines I see listed on FB Marketplace in my area are $700+.  Hell, there's 2 right now that a guy has listed for $750ea firm, and admits in the ad they were used in a commercial setting, with just over 2.6 million lifetime meters on them!  

I'm going to buy one in June, and I'll buy new.  I like it that much and want to know what I am getting.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 2:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim] [#40]
Among virtual teams with 6-20 members participating, we got 42nd overall out of 71 in the team challenge. By god, I'll take it!

Apologies for dropping off radar. I've also taken some time off rowing to focus on weight, and getting fat is really helping my bench.

I should keep up with it though. The World Erg Challenge runs through the 15th, if we'd like to rack up some meters for that. Same thing, if you want to add 'em up, click that you're participating on the Team Member page.

View All Quotes

Thx.  I signed up; why not.

Originally Posted By Nopetrol:

Yeesh, I'd drive pretty far just to look at that.  The machines I see listed on FB Marketplace in my area are $700+.  Hell, there's 2 right now that a guy has listed for $750ea firm, and admits in the ad they were used in a commercial setting, with just over 2.6 million lifetime meters on them!  

I'm going to buy one in June, and I'll buy new.  I like it that much and want to know what I am getting.

I got mine used off Craigslist, a Model B, for $120, back before crossfit got popular.  I upgraded the footboards, handle grip, and electronics, and have a hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#41]
I finally tried out the "realtime" feature in the ergdata app. Pretty fun. There were only 14ish people on the course, I wonder if they limit the total number of people in each room. I started 75 hard a few days ago so I anticipate doing quite a bit of rowing for the next couple momths.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#43]
A couple of months too late, but I bought a C2 Rowerg about 3 weeks ago (my 40th birthday, and a stark reminder that if I doing start exercising I'll die soon)

I have to row every year for my annual PT test (a truly bullshit 500m in 2:20).  During my practice for this I discovered that I don't hate rowing; it's the only exercise I've found where being a lardass isn't such a frustrating hindrance.   The fact that I now don't have to put on pants or leave the house at 6:00am to exercise also removes a significant barrier.  

3 weeks in, and I've used nothing but the default display screen to track my pace.  On day 1 I could do 750 at a sub-2:00/500 pace before I got too winded to continue.  This morning I did 1500 at the same pace and probably could've gone on had the coffee not been ready.  

So my question:  is there a "Couch to Transatlantic Crossing" regimen for fat people who want to not die?   I don't think I'll ever do tens of thousands of meters in a stretch, BUT Texas State Troopers in my age/weight class have to do 2000m in 6:40something and I figure that's a reasonable goal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
A couple of months too late, but I bought a C2 Rowerg about 3 weeks ago (my 40th birthday, and a stark reminder that if I doing start exercising I'll die soon)

I have to row every year for my annual PT test (a truly bullshit 500m in 2:20).  During my practice for this I discovered that I don't hate rowing; it's the only exercise I've found where being a lardass isn't such a frustrating hindrance.   The fact that I now don't have to put on pants or leave the house at 6:00am to exercise also removes a significant barrier.  

3 weeks in, and I've used nothing but the default display screen to track my pace.  On day 1 I could do 750 at a sub-2:00/500 pace before I got too winded to continue.  This morning I did 1500 at the same pace and probably could've gone on had the coffee not been ready.  

So my question:  is there a "Couch to Transatlantic Crossing" regimen for fat people who want to not die?   I don't think I'll ever do tens of thousands of meters in a stretch, BUT Texas State Troopers in my age/weight class have to do 2000m in 6:40something and I figure that's a reasonable goal.
View Quote

When I first got my rower I progressed from 2:30 splits to a 20:00 5k (2:00 splits) in just a month or two. Not sure about your age, previous fitness, or height, but the dark horse rowing videos are by far the best online coaching resource. He's got videos that demonstrate form as well as target pace videos.

Make sure your form is good through all 4 phases of the stroke. Experiment with damper settings and stroke rate. Concept2 workout of the day emails out every night and has a lot of variety that will help you get faster if you push yourself and row consistently with good form.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Well I had my first one-day 5k (a 2k and two 1500's this afternoon). All split times under 2:00, so I'm making progress.  

However, Hazel, my little Hedgehog, ran 4 and a half goddamn MILES last night.  So I'm somehow still in the shadow of a 350 gram insectivore that eats cat food and poops in a litter tray. Sigh.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#46]
How do we log our meters? My unit has a PM4 that I'm not too familiar with. Looks like the app synchs up with the PM5
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Blue84S10:
How do we log our meters? My unit has a PM4 that I'm not too familiar with. Looks like the app synchs up with the PM5
View Quote

Which app are you using? ErgData should work for the PM4. Might need a cable, but im not sure.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Which app are you using? ErgData should work for the PM4. Might need a cable, but im not sure.
View Quote

I downloaded ErgData. Just looked into it and it looks like there's something I can download for a cabled connection probably to my computer. I'll have to play with that when I get home from work. Also a good excuse to buy a new monitor
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone still rowing? I'm going to drag my machine outside to take advantage of the nice summer weather.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone still rowing? I'm going to drag my machine outside to take advantage of the nice summer weather.
View Quote
Yup. Although I tend to do more when doing a competition.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top