Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2018 12:14:40 PM EDT
Just picked up a new Apple Pro to carry around and the first web site I tried to open was AR15.com.  The screen on my laptop was instantly loaded up with a big warning that this site was contaminated with various malware and associated computer viruses.  I went no further.  My Apple home computer also has had issues and my computer experts, my college bound sons both say that its being affected by this site.

What are the mods doing to protect all of us?  With all the downloads daily I can imagine its a full time job keeping the site clear.  I have protection on our equipment but wonder if its enough.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going with apple don't want you visiting gun sites.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going with apple don't want you visiting gun sites.
View Quote
That's my guess.  Apple or the browser you are using are setup to flag it as dangerous.  Chrome has done that on occasion w/ various sites.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Whoops, not appropriate. But in for info.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Good point.  I had not thought Apple might be trying to censure gun sites.   Still am curious how mods maintain the site.  I opened the site on the Pro anyway.  fi
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good point.  I had not thought Apple might be trying to censure gun sites.   Still am curious how mods maintain the site.  I opened the site on the Pro anyway.  fi
View Quote
The one possibility I see is the ads.   It's not unknown for someone to sneak an ad onto a site which has something bad in it.   I'd be more likely to think it's because of evil guns though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top