BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What would you all like to see as prizes?
View Quote
I think Father Boog challenge coins would be appropriate.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think Father Boog challenge coins would be appropriate.
View Quote
omgyes
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Right on. I qualify...

...for the BBQ & kegs!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My son and I have decided we are in.  We'll figure out how to 'officially' meet the physical requirements (I don't think they'll be a problem) and just plan our summer around this event.

I will also work on being able to provide some sort of a prize and if I need to help with any organization I will.

Thanks
View Quote
It is amazing to watch America awaken.

We all held these American values, most of us weren't converts, we believed in these values for decades.

But to watch our side absolutely come alive is an amazing thing to be a part of. Guys that had gear are actually wearing it, not stashing it in a closet.

Guys aren't saying "Oh well, not my problem." Or "Nothing I can do."

There's this feeling of we want to be left alone, but we don't give a shit what others think anymore and also we need to join together.

Fuck red and blue.

CONSTITUTIONAL WAVE
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
20 years too late for my old ass, goddamn that sounds fun
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I got to get my fat ass to hiking.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
20 years too late for my old ass, goddamn that sounds fun
View Quote
Do it anyway.  Flights into SLC will be WAY cheaper than trying to get anywhere near Billings, so I'll pick you up and haul you there.  You can ship stuff to my house prior if you'd like.  My old man lives in Anchorage so I know what a PITA it is to get enough hunting/fishing/camping gear on a plane.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We all held these American values, most of us weren't converts, we believed in these values for decades.

But to watch our side absolutely come alive is an amazing thing to be a part of. Guys that had gear are actually wearing it, not stashing it in a closet.

There's this feeling of we want to be left alone, but we don't give a shit what others think anymore and also we need to join together.

Fuck red and blue.

CONSTITUTIONAL WAVE
View Quote
I was talking with my son as we drove up to DC to fly home this morning.  I explained my position on this crap as this-

These rights are individual and not provided by any law of man, they are simply rights.  My dad (a boomer) has the idea that voter apathy is when you get what you deserve and VA got what they deserved by letting the state flip.  I can see that and I agree.

But the individual rights of mankind are not negotiable to me.  It doesn't matter if a state decides that you must teach crap in schools, tax everyone  to solve made-up climate change or heal racism by whatever means they decide will work. As long as they don't interfere with the basic rights of mankind.

Further, the reason people lose access to those rights is when they stop fighting for them.  That doesn't matter, if only one person left in the entire state of California wants to exercise his right to worship or speech, it doesn't matter if every other person in the state has voted to prohibit him.  They can't vote away that right.

So I've decided that I will do all I can for the individual rights of mankind everywhere I can.  Last week that meant taking my bad arm and my good son into what was potentially a death trap.  The fact that it turned into the safest place in the lower 48 was irrelevant, I will walk into that unarmed (or one-armed as it was) to defend individual rights.  If I can show my children the importance of not only the rights but the responsibility of DOING something for those rights, I'll die happy.

I hope the rest of the nation is motivated.  I feel like kicking some ass, although I'm not exactly competent at such things.  I'm just a frustrated middle-aged guy.  But I'll do what I can.  Screw these guys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag for interest and finding someone in Utah to reach class 3 with me
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Tagski!
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Boy, I’m feeling super pumped and motivated about qualifying and getting into something like this!

Everyone’s recent political efforts have been truly inspiring. I never served, but grew up in punk rock and I think this sort of grass roots organization is punk as fuck.

As an adult, I never found a group I wanted to be a part of until I found the arf community.

Western MT/ Bozeman area here, any battle buddies getting together out here?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Boy, I’m feeling super pumped and motivated about qualifying and getting into something like this!

Everyone’s recent political efforts have been truly inspiring. I never served, but grew up in punk rock and I think this sort of grass roots organization is punk as fuck.

As an adult, I never found a group I wanted to be a part of until I found the arf community.

Western MT/ Bozeman area here, any battle buddies getting together out here?
View Quote
The fire in the bellies of Americans to return to values of a Constitutional Republic has been lit.

Repeal the 17th, respect the 2nd, actually fucking acknowledge the 10th exists.

Let them paint us however they want. Freedom is an easy sell. A Republic over a democracy is an easy sell. Liberty over an oppressive government is an easy sell. Less taxes is an easy sell.

Individual responsibility will be a tougher, but more righteous sell.

Make America America again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I need to do some battle buddy stuff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:58:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cola Warriors who have not participated with the Battle Buddies will generally be favorably considered for a waiver to entry requirements.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interdasting.
Cola Warriors who have not participated with the Battle Buddies will generally be favorably considered for a waiver to entry requirements.
Very nice.  I'd certainly be interested in trying to attend if possible.  I've travelled further for Cola Warrior and it would make for a nice trip.  I do want to try and get Battle Buddies going down here, though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:20:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

When: The event will begin at first light, 6JUN2020.
View Quote
so 0400...

I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What would you all like to see as prizes?
View Quote
You already mentioned kegs and BBQ. What more can a man ask for?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Tagging.

Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fuck red and blue.

CONSTITUTIONAL WAVE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My son and I have decided we are in.  We'll figure out how to 'officially' meet the physical requirements (I don't think they'll be a problem) and just plan our summer around this event.

I will also work on being able to provide some sort of a prize and if I need to help with any organization I will.

Thanks

Fuck red and blue.

CONSTITUTIONAL WAVE
Well said Whiskers. It was awesome to meet so many at dinner last Sunday night, and to march in the streets on Monday.

We have our 1st AZ Battle Buddy hike scheduled in February, and I am looking forward to meeting more of you in June.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well said Whiskers. It was awesome to meet so many at dinner last Sunday night, and to march in the streets on Monday.

We have our 1st AZ Battle Buddy hike scheduled in February, and I am looking forward to meeting more of you in June.
View Quote
Man, too bad that's going to be a week before I'm in AZ, or I'd join you guys, even though it'd be a couple hours or more out of the way (I'll be in Chino Valley for almost two weeks).
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Man, too bad that's going to be a week before I'm in AZ, or I'd join you guys, even though it'd be a couple hours or more out of the way (I'll be in Chino Valley for almost two weeks).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We may do another while you are here. Thread is in the AZ HTF.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The fire in the bellies of Americans to return to values of a Constitutional Republic has been lit.

Repeal the 17th, respect the 2nd, actually fucking acknowledge the 10th exists.

Let them paint us however they want. Freedom is an easy sell. A Republic over a democracy is an easy sell. Liberty over an oppressive government is an easy sell. Less taxes is an easy sell.

Individual responsibility will be a tougher, but more righteous sell.

Make America America again.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Tag.

Getting to CWW this year might burn all my wife's indulgence but maybe, just maybe, I can swing it.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@AZNetEng

Hopefully that's the case.  I'm following the thread for now.  I'll be in that area starting the 7th and will be there at minimum until the 17th, possibly as late as the 21st, depending on how fast the work gets done and if I want to stick around for a bit afterwards.  For most of that time I'll be working form dawn to dusk, but if something comes up shortly afterwards, I might try to stick around a bit for a hike if there's one close enough.

If I have to take my friend I'll be working with to Sky Harbor, I may also end up driving down to Tucson to visit a friend for a couple of days before returning to CA, although as sick as he is, he might not be able to do the hike himself if it ends up being closer to there (even though I know he'd be interested).  Dude almost passed out at Cola Warrior Flyover II during his run.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@AZNetEng

Hopefully that's the case.  I'm following the thread for now.  I'll be in that area starting the 7th and will be there at minimum until the 17th, possibly as late as the 21st, depending on how fast the work gets done and if I want to stick around for a bit afterwards.  For most of that time I'll be working form dawn to dusk, but if something comes up shortly afterwards, I might try to stick around a bit for a hike if there's one close enough.

If I have to take my friend I'll be working with to Sky Harbor, I may also end up driving down to Tucson to visit a friend for a couple of days before returning to CA, although as sick as he is, he might not be able to do the hike himself if it ends up being closer to there (even though I know he'd be interested).  Dude almost passed out at Cola Warrior Flyover II during his run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@AZNetEng

Hopefully we get to meet up. Drop me a PM and Ill share my numbers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I can’t believe I haven’t seen this yet. I need to get busy and get BB rated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Would like to see a winter version of this. June is fire season out west, can’t commit to those dates and wouldn’t want to eat up a slot. Sounds like a good time though!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#27]
For team events, are you picking a teammate or being assigned one at random?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Would like to see a winter version of this. June is fire season out west, can’t commit to those dates and wouldn’t want to eat up a slot. Sounds like a good time though!
View Quote
I like the idea of a winter one, then we can bonfire! That might actually work out in MT in late fall of 2021 for us...
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I like the idea of a winter one, then we can bonfire! That might actually work out in MT in late fall of 2021 for us...
View Quote
Got snowshoes?

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Count me in. Montana generally starts getting snow first week of October/end of Sep.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
so 0400...

I'm in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When: The event will begin at first light, 6JUN2020.
so 0400...

I'm in.
so those of us on East Coast Time will be like "man, I feel like I slept in!  Why are the west coasters dragging ass?"
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Count me in. Montana generally starts getting snow first week of October/end of Sep.
View Quote
And depending on elevation, sticks around until June or later.

This pic was taken on Memorial day weekend about 6 years ago during a bear hunt.

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Got snowshoes?

View Quote
Snowshoe rucking is a special kind of suck. I highly recommend people give it a try sometime.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And depending on elevation, sticks around until June or later.

This pic was taken on Memorial day weekend about 6 years ago during a bear hunt.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3446/29403.JPG
View Quote
You’re living the dream.

ETA- sorry OP, back on topic
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#35]
This sounds awesome!  I'll still be deployed in June, but if it becomes annual I'd love to participate in the future.

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Snowshoe rucking is a special kind of suck. I highly recommend people give it a try sometime.
View Quote
Concur, and if I were planning on doing it frequently, I'd get a Pulk (cargo toboggan) to tow behind me instead of having a backpack.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Got snowshoes?

View Quote
At our place, significantly more likely you'd need waders for the mud if it snows then creeps above freezing... the gumbo-struggle is real.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Updated in OP- Registration is now open.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh snap!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Staff registration?

I'm too old to death march.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Staff registration?

I'm too old to death march.
View Quote
You and I are already penciled in as Staff
We'll add a staff category to the OP
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Assessing. What's the closest airport?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Billings
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Aw, hell, I'm 100% in. +1
(unofficial) as BB, just completed last week.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Billings
View Quote
Approximately a 2hr drive - carpooling suggested.
I'll be willing to do airport runs in exchange for diaper-duties
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Flying in and out of Billings can be expensive. SLC and a long drive or Denver and a long drive are both terrible alternatives.

I’d be willing to accept packages if you need to ship stuff ahead, I even have a friendly FFL in town if you need to ship guns.  I can just accept the packages and bring them up with me.

Ben, my son and I will be going, getting the rating is a formality that has to wait for some weather to improve, but I’m willing to spend non-refundable deposit if I need to.  As mentioned before, also willing to help with admin duties.

ETA- I will also have space to take people from the SLC airport, but I’d imagine it’s not worth the drive to save the flight cost into Billings.  But it’s still available.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Flying in and out of Billings can be expensive. SLC and a long drive or Denver and a long drive are both terrible alternatives.

I’d be willing to accept packages if you need to ship stuff ahead, I even have a friendly FFL in town if you need to ship guns.  I can just accept the packages and bring them up with me.

Ben, my son and I will be going, getting the rating is a formality that has to wait for some weather to improve, but I’m willing to spend non-refundable deposit if I need to.  As mentioned before, also willing to help with admin duties.
View Quote
Will your son be attempting the full event?  If so, I'll add him as the first standby and then move him up to regular registration once he gets his battle buddy rating.  I'll put you down as staff, which will not preclude your participation.  Good enough?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Will your son be attempting the full event?  If so, I'll add him as the first standby and then move him up to regular registration once he gets his battle buddy rating.  I'll put you down as staff, which will not preclude your participation.  Good enough?
View Quote
Sounds good.  If you’re ok with me witnessing him I’ll go kick him out of the truck and make him run home a few times with a backpack and get him rated ASAP.  If you don’t expect the registration to fill quickly I won’t worry about it and we’ll both be rated in a couple of months anyway.  I tried to hike this morning but -3 degrees turned me back after 3/4 mile, so I guess I’m a bigger pussy than I thought.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Approximately a 2hr drive - carpooling suggested.
I'll be willing to do airport runs in exchange for diaper-duties
View Quote
I'll be available to do airport runs and come down a day or two early. Extended cab long bed pickup-truck, so I can pick up 2 or 3 folks at a time with all their gear.

I have no idea what to do with diapers, I'm not that old yet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sounds good.  If you’re ok with me witnessing him I’ll go kick him out of the truck and make him run home a few times with a backpack and get him rated ASAP.  If you don’t expect the registration to fill quickly I won’t worry about it and we’ll both be rated in a couple of months anyway.  I tried to hike this morning but -3 degrees turned me back after 3/4 mile, so I guess I’m a bigger pussy than I thought.
View Quote
I'd rather maintain the standard of forcing him to find non-related people to hike with- but I assure you that after you all came all the way out here for lobby day, we will make sure there is room for him as a regular participant whether the 36 slots fill up or not.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top