Quoted:
View Quote

It's a setup ffs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
How much money have they raised?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand the strategic picture right now. I think this is wise in the short term.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Every conservative rally/protest/demonstration will be reported by the news as a possible domestic terror event from now on.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's a setup ffs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a setup ffs.

This.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Lots of ppl eager to be cannon fodder apparently.

I’d trust Ben’s judgement.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So roll over and let commies win
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Dems are trying goad gun owners into a violent conflict.  The British wanted our founding fathers to fight in the open too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Every conservative rally/protest/demonstration will be reported by the news as a possible domestic terror event from now on.
View Quote

That's not new.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meaning conservatives have -0- avenue for dissent.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Basically, there's no longer any point in mass armed protests.

Mass protests, maybe...but even those I'm gonna be wary off going forward if there isn't an independent, civilian, armed over watch of some sort.

I simply no longer trust the government to not open up on us with rooftop snipers like Bashar al Assad.  It's not too far removed from what happened at the capital, frankly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So roll over and let commies win
View Quote

No.

I assure you, Ben is thinking with his mind in the right place. He was part of why LD2020 was such a great success.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dems are trying goad gun owners into a violent conflict.  The British wanted our founding fathers to fight in the open too.
View Quote

So dont give them what they want.

They're also happy with conservatives staying home and not organizing. Make everyone feel alone, inside their homes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

The militia formed up "in the open" against the Regulars daily for weeks or months prior to the Lexington exchange.

There is certainly something to be said for showing up to make the existence of 'our side' known, if only for recruitment purposes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#22]
As the old adage goes, "when the going gets tough, it's better for your resources be better focused elsewhere."

Good luck in all of your future endeavors.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, how we planning on "fighting" now?

Can we even write sternly worded letters, or will those be considered "terrorism" too?

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Weak AF.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

DING DING DING
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No.

I assure you, Ben is thinking with his mind in the right place. He was part of why LD2020 was such a great success.
View Quote

Lobby Day was a success regardless of Arfcom’s clubs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Until one fights like he has nothing to lose, he has everything to lose.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah I'm gonna side with Ben on this one...
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Edited ~ medicmandan
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This guy gets it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy gets it.

Solid strategy Gomer. Don’t fight because that’s exactly what they want us to do?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Wish I knew what the info that came up that pushed this decision was but Ben seems like a sound minded individual and I wish him and APC the best
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe next year? It's ok, not like this is a critical year in gun rights. Totally get that supervisory 1811s would never ok this.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This guy gets it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy gets it.

+1

Fight smart, not hard.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wish I knew what the info that came up that pushed this decision was but Ben seems like a sound minded individual and I wish him and APC the best
View Quote

Maybe that info should be out in the open to help us all understand and identify the threats.

Maybe that info should also be forwarded to VA republicans and state police so they know too.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I see we have lots of chest thumpers from out of state assembling here, who don’t understand the terrain and conditions. This was a toss-up at best even before 1/6 IMO. The legislators aren’t even there (due to covid) and there is a much more complicated legal thicket this year.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

So we're back at optics again?

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I see we have lots of chest thumpers from out of state assembling here, who don’t understand the terrain and conditions. This was a toss-up at best even before 1/6 IMO. The legislators aren’t even there (due to covid) and there is a much more complicated legal thicket this year.
View Quote

You forgot that the governor sucks
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Does anyone here believe another violent protest at a State capitol is just the ticket?  Don't fight dumb.  Everything right now needs to be about making THEM look like the extremists.  Which they are.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You forgot that the governor sucks
View Quote

No change from last year on that one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No change from last year on that one.
View Quote

Yep that’s for sure. Thanks for your good work on helping VA gun rights sir!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lobby Day was a success regardless of Arfcom’s clubs.
View Quote

Notice my use of the word “Part”.

The media focused on us doing formation. They had countless hours of airplay of us.

We weren’t the whole event. We made a very significant spectacle
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone talking shit here had plans to show up and form up on Bank like we did last year?

No?

Any of you confront Saslaw when he came out of the parking garage at 0645?

No?

Any of you tell the cop telling people to remove mags to fuck off?

No?

Shut the fuck up then. Becasue I was the one who did ALL those things (Sorry about telling the cop to fuck off, Ben) Goading people in to starting shit from the sidelines is easy. This isn't about risk. It's about risk / reward / the actual fight. There's no AWB on the docket this year. They aren't even there and there's no mass rally and vcdl has some dumb shit drive around in circles thing going on. But by all means, goad your brothers into a setup.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I have no dog in this fight but the logic is sound.

Putting yourself in a position in which you are unlikely to win the fight (metaphorical fight, not an actual one) is bad strategy.

The optics (and yes, despite the meme of "muh optics", they absolutely do matter) do not favor a repeat of Lobby Day 2020 in this climate.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#44]
You're not going to do anyone any good if you're in prison.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anyone talking shit here had plans to show up and form up on Bank like we did last year?

No?

Any of you confront Saslaw when he came out of the parking garage at 0645?

No?

Any of you tell the cop telling people to remove mags to fuck off?

No?

Shut the fuck up then. Becasue I was the one who did ALL those things (Sorry about telling the cop to fuck off, Ben) Goading people in to starting shit from the sidelines is easy. This isn't about risk. It's about risk / reward / the actual fight. There's no AWB on the docket this year. They aren't even there and there's no mass rally and vcdl has some dumb shit drive around in circles thing going on. But by all means, goad your brothers into a setup.
View Quote

You’re simple AF if you think hiding and being a good boy means they are not going to come for your guns, your money, your life. Open your fucking eyes to what has been going on the past few months dude. If you can’t figure it out by now then God help you when the switch is finally flipped.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Father Boog is dissapoint....
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#47]
I really think the fight is about free speech right now.  Guns aren't even on the table.

Edit......yet.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:38:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Lobby Day was a success regardless of Arfcom's clubs.
View Quote
Agreed. Yes many people were part of the Silent Brigade but 99.9% of the people were not.

I'm sure the lack of participation from APC will not be noticed in the turnout.

I'm planning on going solo this time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have no dog in this fight but the logic is sound.

Putting yourself in a position in which you are unlikely to win the fight (metaphorical fight, not an actual one) is bad strategy.

The optics (and yes, despite the meme of "muh optics", they absolutely do matter) do not favor a repeat of Lobby Day 2020 in this climate.
View Quote

A show of force lets them know we can’t be bullied. The canceling events is a signal to them that canceling us works.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Meet up at Sine' pub in the Bottom instead. Cheers and beers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top