Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2018 7:25:21 PM EDT
This year we have done what we could to bring Jesus to the nation. We have talked to friends, families, co-workers and acquaintances.

Our nation is at critical mass and now it is time to be even more earnest in our prayers.

I do know about the prophecies, the Apocalyptic languages, the issues. But I also know that God works when we are beyond our strength.

My prayers with my family each night is that God will forgive our nation and our individual citizens for our sins. That we have a return to Biblical truths founded on the Scriptures. Not necessarily a constitutional rule but a desire of leaders and citizens alike to desire GOD'S righteousness first and foremost.

Beyond the elections, it is more important for us to be right in God's eyes.

Elections are not the cause of sin but is the result of sin. We have the leaders that I believe America deserves.

George Peters, in his work The Theocratic Kingdom, says (paraphrase) ,"the resulting action of being set aside by Jesus and missing the Kingdom is because the Jewish people were wholly incapable of accepting the demands of that Kingdom. They rejected the Messiah and the king therefore they rejected their New ruler. They could not reject and yet still obtain for their needed to be a reformational change of heart, mind, soul. The Jews, in their proud and arrogant state of rebellion would not have been able to handle immediate elevation of position that the Kingdom would have given."

We are no better now. We try to vote who WE think is best (granted, I have my biases) but unless we have a radical change of heart, body, mind and soul, we will NEVER see a nation that can be fully blessed by God.

So my prayer and encouragement. So many are worried about Tuesday and I have been pondering all of this for a few weeks now. I read in GD, many who one minute are blasphemously speaking against God now declaring for His mercy. I say that we, Christ Followers (term used specifically as Christians has been hijacked) need to now do or be more concerted in what we HAVE to do.

I am going to fast tomorrow and seek, not for a particular leader or rep, but for our NATIONAL HEART TO CHANGE! I am issuing a call for Christ followers do the same. Lets be concerted about this. Not individualistic. Think Esther who had the Jews as a whole fast.

Then our hearts are right no matter what happens. Maybe there will be a revival. Maybe a true coming back to Faith and truth (THE TRUTH). That is the real goal. If that rights the nation in time FANTASTIC! If not, we have lived contrary to God for so long, do we really think we deserve any other decision from God?

I leave with this "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sins and will heal their land."
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Amen brother!

How I feel too.  Luckily I know how it’s gonna end.  And look forward to it.  These trials stink for us sometimes.  But we need to remember that God is working His plan.  We need to pray.  And not self centered prayer.  Pray for a revival of our families, nation and world.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Indeed. I desire my family to have a revival in their hearts. and until that is observed, my own cold, dead and impassioned heart first needs awakened.

Here is where I am still working out in my mind. America is not part of the timeline of God. It is Israel generally and Jerusalem specifically.

Do then pray for revival for our nation and a renewed prosperity with TRUE riches (as God has blessed before) or do we realize, as one pastor said, America is an exception to the general rule of righteous living being targeted and prepare accordingly?

Then we now deal with a thought about those who, even on this board, like the name Christian for the warm and cozy feelings it produces, yet are not really engaged. Their is no sacrifice. There is no counting of the cost, and there is no change.

They come in here, even this thread and, and say they believe in God but, "lets not get too fanatical". These are the same ones who go to a stadium, paint half their bodies one color, the other half another, buy 100's of dollars of memorabilia and say, "team spirit!".

Sorry, one is life and another is just hobbies. Either Gods Word is, or it is not. Either it changes us or we are dead. A question that could be asked is what Bible. I have a very strong and supported position on this but that MAY be for another time.

Maybe I am too rigid but I am reading books by those who give everything and am angry at myself for my callousness. I am very black and white when it comes to the Bible and very much a literalist (meaning I read as it literally is to be read based upon the genre of the passage).

John Walker wrote a book called Costly Grace. It is an updated, modernized version of Bonhoffer's Cost of Discipleship. Then I hear about the things said by Joel Osteen, Kenneth Koplin, Joyce Meyers and on and on and realized it isn't about truth. Its not about being light and salt. It is about, as Ed Young said in his blasphemous sermon, "ALL ABOUT THE MONEY."

Too long I have sat in the throws of ease. Even when I do step out it is calculated for personal gain.

What if, instead of handing out and leaving flyers as to why one should vote for one candidate or not, I leave flyers calling for repentance because of God's Judgment is real (regardless of naysayers opinions) but His extended mercy is equally powerful.

Equally. Not more. Many times, in our western culture of who God is, we elevate the love of God all the while downplaying His holiness and righteousness in wrath and Judgment.

In the work "Chronicles of Narnia" one of the charectors, in reference to Asland (God) asks, "Is He dangerous?". The other charectors answers, "very. But He is also very good".

I mentioned my calculation. There is some basis upon which I find solace. I am cautious about who I present the gospel too. That sounds bad, but let me explain. I don't go to GD and start making declarations. God bless those who do because that could be a ministry.

However, many will just trample the truth and turn and attack. I am called by Jesus to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. That means I am engaged with the Holy Spirits leading, I am engaged with those I am around and I engage at the right time.

Sorry for the long posts. I am working things out and am now ready to voice my thoughts because I am getting more sure of where I am standing.

I didn't doubt before, I just like thinking through things to test it myself before I presenting so I can work through perceived issues I find.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#3]
AMEN as well, Brother!

God will not be mocked.

HE is ever so patient.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for this thread.  I will join you in prayer and fasting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The only reason I am mentioning this is because I posted I would do this in my previous post.

Please pray. I set out to fast today and I have. But I have three meals that are my favorite that my wife planned. I only told her I was fasting today and by that time the meals are set. Can we say attempts to derail ?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for this thread.  I will join you in prayer and fasting tomorrow.
View Quote
Thank you. I was debating either today or tomorrow. I am fasting today and I am praying about fasting tomorrow as well.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Praying here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Praying here.
View Quote
Thanks. Ignore the the jeers of GD.

We know the truth. I pray for them but what they fail to realise is that they also serve a god. His name is self.

They are part of the blind that choose to not see versus the ones who are not blind on purpose.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Did it go as planned? No. But my prayer was not go as I planned but help me to align my heart up with GOD'S plan.

What was or is His purpose for the way it went? I don't know. Maybe we can see parts of it showing.

1) Sessions stepped down after this. If the new Acting Attorney General follows with his belief, we could see an investigation into HC.
2) there is now a revelation of voter fraud in TX. The New gov. Is looking into it and maybe he will prosecute?
3) In GD, some guy, making a case on how to win an election argues that Christians should be marginalized or take our faith elsewhere. Besides echoing Karl Marx, he actually hits on a powerful truth. The church is in decline because the church is influential. Marginalized it and then only the serious believers stay (look at N.K., China, Russia, Iran, Iraq, Turkey.) the church IS GROWING.
4) Maybe now the so called churches of America are now exposed for being social clubs geared for the bus ride to hell than actual preaching of TRUTH AND DOCTRINE and not just feelings and SJW.
5) maybe, again from GD, someone will realize that it is not mankind that makes change. It has to be God. Of course, GD, it is said that prayers are just for those who won't do anything to make them feel like they are doing something.
6) in times of distress, people look for answers. The Great awakening happened right be fore the Revolution. They were going through hard times. Any time, even through History, mankind goes to trial, they run to God.
7) there was some answered prayers. It wasn't a blowout and those who have been putting on a fake facade are now gone. We can now build.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did it go as planned? No. But my prayer was not go as I planned but help me to align my heart up with GOD'S plan.

What was or is His purpose for the way it went? I don't know. Maybe we can see parts of it showing.

1) Sessions stepped down after this. If the new Acting Attorney General follows with his belief, we could see an investigation into HC.
2) there is now a revelation of voter fraud in TX. The New gov. Is looking into it and maybe he will prosecute?
3) In GD, some guy, making a case on how to win an election argues that Christians should be marginalized or take our faith elsewhere. Besides echoing Karl Marx, he actually hits on a powerful truth. The church is in decline because the church is influential. Marginalized it and then only the serious believers stay (look at N.K., China, Russia, Iran, Iraq, Turkey.) the church IS GROWING.
4) Maybe now the so called churches of America are now exposed for being social clubs geared for the bus ride to hell than actual preaching of TRUTH AND DOCTRINE and not just feelings and SJW.
5) maybe, again from GD, someone will realize that it is not mankind that makes change. It has to be God. Of course, GD, it is said that prayers are just for those who won't do anything to make them feel like they are doing something.
6) in times of distress, people look for answers. The Great awakening happened right be fore the Revolution. They were going through hard times. Any time, even through History, mankind goes to trial, they run to God.
7) there was some answered prayers. It wasn't a blowout and those who have been putting on a fake facade are now gone. We can now build.

Thoughts?
View Quote
I’m praying my brother will be ok.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm praying my brother will be ok.
View Quote
I am praying as well.

Please keep me in, prayer. I really need it right now as I see and feel myself under attack of Satan.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am praying as well.

Please keep me in, prayer. I really need it right now as I see and feel myself under attack of Satan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am praying as well.

I just prayed for you and others on here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am praying as well.

Thank you. I need it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top