Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, must know if brass will be sold separately for reloaders.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA: feed the Buffman!  I don’t know him personally, but he does very good write-ups & listen when he speaks on ammo.
View Quote

I second this. Feed the Buffman! He does top notch write-ups.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking forward to having some new options for my Ruger 57!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Ooohh, shiny.  If you have kids … you know.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The cost and availability of 5.7 is why I don’t have a PS90.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/328408/80335CCD-03AC-4F47-9752-8C4F39094D82_jpe-2411678.JPG

I need one of those
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#7]
@palmettostatearmory Will your 5.7 ammo have the lacquer coating like Factory FN ammo? I have read this is crucial to the functioning of the FN firearms.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes please Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#9]
@palmettostatearmory ..... Well guess you lost another customer...... I don't even own a damn 5.7 yet but I neeeeddddd doneeeeee make the dagger in 5.7!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My P90 just got a boner.
View Quote

This post gave me a boner.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#11]
We have another 5.7 carbine in development. Would like to get some of that ammo for testing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]
This intrigues me!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#13]
That’s good news!  I just picked up a 5.7 Rock this week.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shoot me an email
ETA- yes we are coating the cases
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Jman_JJE

How does one such as myself get ahead of the curve and get some for testing to provide you all feedback on? I'm like THE guy who has all the 5.7 testing on Youtube.
Are you coating the brass to functionality in all 5.7 platforms? Will you be crimping the case necks? A big thing the AE TMJ and 197SR loads have against them is that Fiocchi/FN use glue instead of a mechanical crimp. AE TMJ is known for bullet setback in all platforms, jamming up the guns and dumping powder..

Are you planning to beat current commercial 5.7 loadings? The AE TMJ and Vmax are weak. They are easily capable of 1800 fps safely in the pistols and provide better reliability. I'd personally advise against the TSX and Blitzking as offerings. Even out of the longer barrels they will not see the velocity needed for terminal affect and they essentially just tumble in targets. A copper solid like the fort scott munitions SCS in a 35gr load will put AAC at the top of the food chain for 5.7 performance ;)  

Shoot me an email

One of the reasons I love this place & PSA!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That'd be awesome but doesn't x39 use a .311 diameter bullet while I'd expect 300BLK is .308? I thought I read about some issue with the mini 30 or something years ago from that.

Also keep kicking ass PSA/AAC/whoever! Now I have to go find out what 300blk was announced last week.....
View Quote

Yes the x39 is a .311 bullet, but you can use 308 bullets when you reload as long as you use the correct expander die. In other word you can use the 308 bullet in x39, you just leave a little accuracy off the table, but then again how accurate is steel case 7.62x39 in the first place.

We are talking about blasting plinking ammo for the 300blk, why not make blasting plinking ammo for x39. Same basic powder charges for each, just a different case.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@BullpupFan what mount is that? Looks like it replaced the stock rail with something much lower which it desperately needs.
View Quote
Likely a Design Machine, TROS, or Elite Ammo, low pro mount. They replace the factory 1913 skyscraper rail and get the optics a lot lower into the sight tower. Those 3 company's offer various bolt patterns. I'm using a DM to mount a 1X cyclops on my SBR :D
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@palmettostatearmory Will your 5.7 ammo have the lacquer coating like Factory FN ammo? I have read this is crucial to the functioning of the FN firearms.
View Quote

They already said yes on page 1
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome!!

I'll be more than happy to test some.
Send some ammo my way
And a pistol!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Can you do reloaders a solid and sell little bottles of the lacquer or tell us what it is when you release it? I'm always paranoid about reloading for my 5.7s.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Shoot me an email [email protected]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Jman_JJE

How does one such as myself get ahead of the curve and get some for testing to provide you all feedback on? I'm like THE guy who has all the 5.7 testing on Youtube.
Are you coating the brass to functionality in all 5.7 platforms? Will you be crimping the case necks? A big thing the AE TMJ and 197SR loads have against them is that Fiocchi/FN use glue instead of a mechanical crimp. AE TMJ is known for bullet setback in all platforms, jamming up the guns and dumping powder..

Are you planning to beat current commercial 5.7 loadings? The AE TMJ and Vmax are weak. They are easily capable of 1800 fps safely in the pistols and provide better reliability. I'd personally advise against the TSX and Blitzking as offerings. Even out of the longer barrels they will not see the velocity needed for terminal affect and they essentially just tumble in targets. A copper solid like the fort scott munitions SCS in a 35gr load will put AAC at the top of the food chain for 5.7 performance ;)  

Shoot me an email [email protected]

I swear, if I weren't so dang old I'd have another kid just so that I could name him Jamin...  
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes please - I love taking my FiveSeveN to the range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can you do reloaders a solid and sell little bottles of the lacquer or tell us what it is when you release it? I'm always paranoid about reloading for my 5.7s.
View Quote
You typically wear out primer pockets before the coating becomes damaged enough not to function as intended in the 5.7. 5-6 reloads are common on factory cases.  just wash them in simple green and water, do not tumble.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They already said yes on page 1
View Quote

Nice, i think i was asking the question as it got answered then.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Thank you for this new ammo manufacturing in 5.7
Listen to Buffman.
I know his great work from being on the fnforum.net
I have 5 platforms that use this ammo.
I was lucky and picked up a lot of it about 8 years ago.
Starting to think about supply lately.
Get it to the market !
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I love you. In a platonic way.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Second post because I think it’s important.

You should do a factory soft point. A partition would be nuts but I don’t think they go below 60 gr.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#28]
You know what the market really needs? Subsonic 5.7 from a reputable manufacturer, since most of it is done by small operations and FN never sold the ammo on the commercial market, Since a bunch of .22LR cans are rated to 5.7 it might be something to look into.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I just had the P50 at the range today.  Can't wait for some PSA 5.7 ammo!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Second post because I think it's important.

You should do a factory soft point. A partition would be nuts but I don't think they go below 60 gr.
View Quote
Speer makes a very viable Gold Dot in 5.7. They expand well, and penetrate nicely. Effectively at the velocities the pistol and SBR's obtain the Vmax acts like a soft point anyways.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm more interested in affordable primers becoming available but cheap 5.7 would make me more interested in buying a gun chambered in that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#32]
This is fantastic news. New 5.7 guns keep being brought to market and everyone is competing for the same small pool of ammo. A few months ago, I nearly sold my P90 because ammo prices have been fucking ridiculous for years. Only reason I didn’t is the first potential buyer was being a dick about my price and the next guy ghosted me. I gave up. Glad I did, I’m gonna SBR it if ammo prices and availability come back down out of orbit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Ah dammit!

I just bought a cp33 for my MPoverty-9

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Could PSA be the savior of the 5.7?  

All it needs is cheap ammo...
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So what happened to the MP5 tho
View Quote

No shit, right? I forgot about that until I read your post. What Shit Show did they announce it at?

Even if they didn't deliver on their MP5 clone, PSA is still out doing the good work.  Forgiving them is pretty easy.  Thank you PSA.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They make The Rock in 5.7

@07yzryder
View Quote

Well they can only lose me as a customer once..... If I didn't just buy a prodigy I'd be all over it. Next month guess ne caliber coming my way
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Still gonna be .70 a round for FMJ I’d bet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can already beat that with the red box stuff.  Its been around 60 cents a round on tsusa for months.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good. Just make sure it isn't anemic like American Eagle.
View Quote

Exactly. Full power.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The cost and availability of 5.7 is why I don't have a PS90.
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I feel less stupid for having just bought this!
Always wanted one. PSA Emails got me again.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’d take that
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Holy shit yes. Please give me some affordable reliable 5.7 so I can bring the PS90 out again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@BullpupFan what mount is that? Looks like it replaced the stock rail with something much lower which it desperately needs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@Canoeguy it's the Design Machine RMR mount - fit was a tad tight (like beat it into place with a mallet tight, but not beat it with a hammer tight) but I like it a lot. RMR dual illuminated chevron plus a custom-made REM-T3 illuminator.  Highly recommended!
https://dmachineri.com/products/ps-90-trijicon-rmr
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@Canoeguy it's the Design Machine RMR mount - fit was a tad tight (like beat it into place with a mallet tight, but not beat it with a hammer tight) but I like it a lot. RMR dual illuminated chevron plus a custom-made REM-T3 illuminator.  Highly recommended!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s the mount I now have in my pa90
I agree it took some light pounding to get it in
I need a Holosun for it
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So what happened to the MP5 tho
View Quote

Turkey.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#48]
YASS!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#49]

What does that setup weigh?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good. Just make sure it isn't anemic like American Eagle.
View Quote

This American Eagle is terrible doesn’t function in my ps90
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top