Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2019 12:02:14 PM EDT
I know you can highlight them, and that's great, but it's a pain to scroll through multiple pages to hunt for just the highlighted posts.

Any chance of a temporary ignore function button that would collapse everyone else down in a thread like ignored posts so you can quickly catch up on info from an OP before you start contributing help?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a great idea! I have tagged this for goatboy.

@Goatboy
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck yeah. This.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I would prefer a feature that lets you search within a single thread.

Want to see only OP's posts?  Search by name.
And you get the flexibility to search for more things, like particular words or phrases.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would prefer a feature that lets you search within a single thread.

Want to see only OP's posts?  Search by name.
And you get the flexibility to search for more things, like particular words or phrases.
View Quote
Almost every browser has the ability to do a keyword search for a page you are viewing. For example, in Microsoft Explorer it's under the edit tab.

So, while I see the utility of what you're asking for, it's a bit redundant compared to what I propose in the first post.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Almost every browser has the ability to do a keyword search for a page you are viewing. For example, in Microsoft Explorer it's under the edit tab.

So, while I see the utility of what you're asking for, it's a bit redundant compared to what I propose in the first post.
View Quote
Thanks for the teaching moment!

But that doesn't let me search a single 30 page thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
So after reflecting on this a little bit...

Would be nice if there was a drop down somewhere on each post that would let you check mark select to display only the following:
1) OP
2) Your Messages
3) Messages from those your "following" list (Think the opposite of ignore list)

So, you could check any one or all three of those, and posts in a respective thread would be displayed or hidden based on what you do or don't have checked.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still interested in this, for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know you can highlight them, and that's great, but it's a pain to scroll through multiple pages to hunt for just the highlighted posts.

Any chance of a temporary ignore function button that would collapse everyone else down in a thread like ignored posts so you can quickly catch up on info from an OP before you start contributing help?
View Quote
When I’m on safari I just triple click on the username. That selects the name and white space after it... then I copy the selection and use”find”

So it takes me to each post from that user - while ignoring when that person was quoted etc.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Distill interested in this if possible.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Added to the list. I'll see what I can do that makes sense... Possibly a sub-view of the thread with just the OP posts condensed for easy reading. (OP Summary?)
View Quote
A "TL;DR" button...
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
The guy talking about a search function was right. That would be the ideal solution here. Searching the page is a PITA because you have to "find" then click the next page and go back to the "find" box and repeat for however many pages there are. That can get really annoying and isn't really feasible as a tool search long threads. So that's not really redundant at all.

This solution would get you what you want (a list of op posts, or your own, or someone else's, etc as search results) as well as badly needed additional functionality.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Ed reported this is on the list for integration in the last updates info thread! Here's to hoping it makes the next upgrade.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Friendly reminder bump.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:06:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Still interested in this if it can happen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Still on the list, just not a high priority item.
View Quote

Thanks, and not being high on the list is understandable. This thread came to mind while reading through a few threads where members have had a loved one pass and there are hundreds of posts of support(glad to see!!!!). In those threads it'd be nice to quickly see if the respective member has posted with any needs/concerns we could all help with in some way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Another good example of when it'd nice to see just what OP said for updates:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Took-wife-to-ER-last-night/199-2513991/?

Here's to hoping it might be part of the rollout of "changes" mentioned in the Hubris thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top