Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 12/24/2019 2:39:41 PM EDT
Spent 10 days in Mohawk, MI running my sled dog team. Was invited up by Justin and Jaimee High, both Iditarod finishers and Jaye Foucher who is finishing her qualifying this year.  I drove my 6 dogs and Jaye's second 8 dog team. I will be handling for Jaye at the UP200 mid February.
My young team.  Haku, 4 years and Balto 3 in lead.  Apollo 3 and Shila 2 in point.  Mary and Martha 15 month sisters in wheel.
A short clip near the end of a 15 mile run.  
This team is training for 15 to 30 mile mid distance races.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Any plans for Copperdog 150? I may have been slightly overserved on 5th St. in Calumet one time.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any plans for Copperdog 150? I may have been slightly overserved on 5th St. in Calumet one time.  
View Quote
I won't be running Copperdog but Jaye will. You may see some of the dogs I was training running there.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I may have been slightly overserved on 5th St. in Calumet one time.  
View Quote
Hummm, Luigi's or UP pub?
Mushers eat at Michigan House Friday nights.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
At least the UP pub has cheap mixxerz  

Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/87750/UP_pub_2019-1207995.jpg
View Quote
You didn't say hello to us at The Gay Bar Monday evening.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's pretty neat.

Dumb question:  If you were to fall off the sled, would the dogs say "Whoa, better stop for the boss" or would they just keep on running?
View Quote
Never let go.  For years they have been bred to run.  They love to run. They will run. While I was there one girl lost a 16 dog team.  Luckily it was caught in an hour with no injuries.  I have already had the sled tipped on the side so I couldn't use the brake.  Holding on with one had and setting the snow hook with the other.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/87750/UP_pub_2019-1207995.jpg
Did you go straight to the Gay bar?
Did you have your 12 inches at the Gay bar? Ever get Brickfaced in Copper Harbor?

All BS aside I do spend a lot of time up there in Copper Country, but I also have a friend up in Grand Marais that I am going to try to contact as I hear the UP200 is an event worth attending.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Pretty neat OP!
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did you go straight to the Gay bar?
Did you have your 12 inches at the Gay bar? Ever get Brickfaced in Copper Harbor?

All BS aside I do spend a lot of time up there in Copper Country, but I also have a friend up in Grand Marais that I am going to try to contact as I hear the UP200 is an event worth attending.  
View Quote
I am in Grand Marais in July most years for the Great Lakes Sea Kayaking Symposium.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top