[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He's gone bro.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The only sensible gun control is weapon retention and trigger discipline.
View Quote

Instant G.D. Outrage  "Liaztraht supports 'Gun Control' ! ! ! "   ...

In before the Sensitive Susies Scream for the Member to be Banned...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only sensible gun control is weapon retention and trigger discipline.

Bigger_Hammer
Fine! Don't use slings or holsters and go ahead and jerk the trigger. Your loss
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a handful of members that seem to only shit in every thread they post in.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ahh yes, the ol' "I support X, Y or Z, buuuuuttt..... " routine.

Let me guess, your list of things that aren't "free speech" includes any speech that you disagree with, or otherwise hurts your feelings?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am all for free speech.
Happy to debate with anyone.

But if a person who hates guns, joins a gun forum and baits its members, that is not free speech - that is deliberate trolling. And I do not see how it helps us or our website.

Ahh yes, the ol' "I support X, Y or Z, buuuuuttt..... " routine.

Let me guess, your list of things that aren't "free speech" includes any speech that you disagree with, or otherwise hurts your feelings?

You people are making 13'ers seem like intelligent, rational, mature people.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:04:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can't recall any anti 2a posters here.  What are they advocating?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:12:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Private company, their website their rules
View Quote

While I agree with you. It reminded me of the post about what was proper to wear to work. Business or slut attire. Then all the children whining they should/could be able to wear whatever they want no matter what outdated policy the company had and they signed when hired.

Your right through their company their rules and it does not matter what you think. That said I've seen quite a few of political party trolls and a few not many of what op said. You can't stop them just like we troll the DU.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry about your bumpstock OP.   I mean who here even owned one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#10]
This is a pretty interesting topic. I've been called a troll for endorsing positions contrary to the hive. Typically they're positions involving race or jumping to conclusions lacking evidence as I have always been a 100% endorser of unabridged firearms ownership. I've been called antifa, shill, troll, and accused of being a Democrat operative, and not once has moderation ever stepped in and stopped people from leveling insults and attacks simply because of a different point of view. At times, I've even used the report button as the personal attacks were clearly detracting from the topic and becoming the main event in a thread and not the thread topic itself.

The point is, moderation can't and doesn't address everything that goes on in GD or anywhere on ARFCOM. GD is certainly not the place for spirited debate and introspection and, more often than not, demands conformity and capitulation to the will and point of view of the hive or else be shouted out of the room. I don't know any mods personally so I can't speak to their characters and always give the benefit of the doubt that as a volunteer force they try to do their best but, in the face of clear CoC violations being reported I've seen issues ignored, indicating that, at least sometimes, moderation here is not as equally dispensed as it should be.

Just .02 from a guy that's been around.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#11]
As long as the trolls just are just generally offensive nothing will be done about them.

If they learn the board's "unwritten rules" they're completely safe and will thrive. Contributing members with 10 or 20-years of posting not so much.

Take a warning back in 2003 and you're on thin ice here 19-years later.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Surely it is CoC ?

I get that we all have various views and often have a heated debate etc but I have noticed a few members ( usually free accounts ) who are blatently ANTI-2A and whose only purpose in joining a SHOOTING /2A website is to troll.

Yet - nothing seems to get done about it ?
View Quote

I'm with you OP. We should ban anyone that doesn't echo our sentiments.  I feel the same way about books that cover topics I don't agree with. Burn 'em!

To your point though it's not just 2A issues. The real crux are those members that won't deep throat Don Trump while they're fondling his balls.  That should be spelled out verbatim in the CoC.  Not willing to blow Donny? Banned….simple as that.

Fuck dude….
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got a warning for something I said about Biden saying the word "Maga" all the time

This site is not the site it used to be
View Quote

I'm guessing there was probably a little more to that story that you're leaving out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:If I owned the site, GD would be unavailable until an account was 3 years old and had 500 posts in the technical forums.

That would mean you (and the trolls you speak of) would still be in the technical forums.

But I don’t get to make the rules.
View Quote

You're looking at it backwards.

Poop goes in the sewers, trolls go in the GD.

I've always looked at the GD as the sewer where all the crap ends up to keep everything else less crappy.

Keep the shit posters and edge lords in the GD.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say that was trolling. Thats someone with a different view of gun ownership than someone else.
Believe it or not, not every gun owner agrees with every other gun owner.
View Quote

I find it distasteful to agree with a yankee and you probably find it equally as distasteful for me to agree with you, but here we are.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#16]
OP, are you wearing a M-65 field jacket while you type?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:36:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP, are you wearing a M-65 field jacket while you type?
View Quote

Either that or completely naked. Gotta love it when guys that have been here two months start trying to dictate moderating policy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Surely OP can't be serious...
View Quote

Don’t call me Shirley!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:48:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't know any mods personally so I can't speak to their characters and always give the benefit of the doubt that as a volunteer force they try to do their best but, in the face of clear CoC violations being reported I've seen issues ignored, indicating that, at least sometimes, moderation here is not as equally dispensed as it should be.

Just .02 from a guy that's been around.
View Quote

Have reasonable expectations. Unwavering fair application of justice is not realistic.  ~Staff
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:49:02 AM EDT
[#21]

On the other hand we had the goofy thread with the “absolutist” who claimed to believe “shall not be infringed” means prisoners in prison should be allowed to have guns. Looked a little trolly to me, but who knows.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Internet. Serious Business.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top