Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2021 8:04:16 AM EDT

I have been buying stuff from PA for a long time.  Probably since they first started.  They are always the supplier I look at first.

Every order has been shipped either the day I ordered it or the next morning.  Great company.

The weekend before last I ordered a magazine loader for my P365 magazines because they are bitch to load by hand.

No shipment for over a week.  Very unusual.  I wondering if everybody at PA had the COVID and were quarantined at home or something.  I ruled out a hurricane hitting the Houston area because you usually hear about things like that on the news. However, I wasn't concerned or anything.

Anyway they sent me a letter of apology yesterday.  Not that I needed one.

This is not a bitching post but a post just showing what a class act they are.

Dear PCB66,

Thank you for choosing Primary Arms for your purchase. We appreciate your business.

We want to apologize for the amount of time it is taking to ship your order SO-xxxxx and assure you we are doing everything we can to catch up.  We reserved your items for you at the time you ordered them and only need to pack them up and get them out the door.  We have increased our number of shifts and are staffing the maximum number of employees in our distribution center. Demand for firearms products over the last year was already at an all-time high, and when the results of the Georgia Senate election were announced, sales jumped through the roof.

Please understand that every request for updates on shipping status will pull our staff away from shipping orders.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Primary Arms, LLC
3219 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
Houston, TX 77047
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I got the same email.  They can take as long as they need, with no complaints from me.  They have always been awesome and fast. I love PA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#2]
My stuff took a week to ship also and i did not get an email.  they usually ship the next day this time took a week, unusual times for sure.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I canceled the two barrels I ordered from then that showed in stock at time of order... three weeks later.

I dont think they keep physical inventory. They're no better than Optics Planet.

Fuck PA for wasting my time, I went elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]
One of the best!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Marshall & Max are going Balls to the Walls to get orders out ASAP.

They massively upgraded their 'new' facility several years back to handle a huge increase in sales and even that has been overwhelmed by the incredible demand due to the Pandemic & Especially the 2020 - 2021 Elections going "badly"...   No 2nd 'Trump Slump' this time around...

Really GREAT People at all levels there at Primary Arms.  Between them and Palmetto State Armory, they have my Credit Card Company repeatedly asking if I'd like to increase my limit ...    

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I canceled the two barrels I ordered from then that showed in stock at time of order... three weeks later.

I dont think they keep physical inventory. They're no better than Optics Planet.

View Quote

this is not true
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
So... they lost you as a customer?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I think everyone is struggling to keep up. Everyone who has even a passing interest in firearms knows what the outcome of the elections is going to mean for our rights. And that's to say nothing of all of the civil unrest which doesn't seem to be calming down regardless of the fact the democrats and the swamp have taken control of the country. I suspect the first thing that will be on the chopping block when the democrats turn their Sauron gaze on us will be internet sales of anything gun related. We are going to miss being able to order like we do now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Last year I ordered a bunch of different items from them, 22 hours after hitting the submit button on the order, the package was sitting on my front door step.

My house is 5 hours away from them at least. I was amazed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#10]
PA  #1  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#11]
My only gripe at PA is the optics I want are never in stock and when I get the email notification and check they are already gone again
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they did. It took 2 emails to get their CS to tell me that the their inventory is screwed up an my $600 order was on backorder. Even put a hold on my credit card.

Who the fuck charges your card for "back orders"? Optics Planet and Botach Tactical do that.

This was for two FNH Barrels I ordered back in December. I asked them to make it right with me, at least match the lower price listed in their website 2 days after I placed my order, and was told sorry no, you'll just have to wait.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I got the same email from them.    I ordered stuff from them about a week and a half ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I’ve had grr luck with Primary Arms and will continue to do business with them.  These little personal touches go a long at in my book.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is either sarcasm, ignorance, or a typical Karen post.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I got a YOUR ODER HAS SHIPPED email before I hit ENTER on the order!
Love em!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I got the same email. PA has always done me right so I'm not worried. Shit happens sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
You made quite the idiotic post amigo

Marsh and company at PA are top notch

Go cry your river somewhere else

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I haven't ordered anything from them since early 2020, but it was shipped fast and arrived just as requested. Scope works fantastic, too.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever, Midwestgunworks treats me right and has the parts they say they have when I need them.

This was my second (and last) order from PA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#21]
PA has always been top notch when I've ordered from them, even during panics. Order Friday night, on a truck Monday kind of performance.
I would have no problem cutting them some slack at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only PA made lowers, ...   Could easily be a "Special Edition"...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got the same email.  They can take as long as they need, with no complaints from me.  They have always been awesome and fast. I love PA.
View Quote

Same here. PA are good people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If only PA made lowers, ...   Could easily be a "Special Edition"...
View Quote

I’m down for three. Bonus if I can get that poster to cry on them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Got the same email. Refreshing difference from most companies. PA are great folks. Order from them all the time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes they did. It took 2 emails to get their CS to tell me that the their inventory is screwed up an my $600 order was on backorder. Even put a hold on my credit card.

Who the fuck charges your card for "back orders"? Optics Planet and Botach Tactical do that.

This was for two FNH Barrels I ordered back in December. I asked them to make it right with me, at least match the lower price listed in their website 2 days after I placed my order, and was told sorry no, you'll just have to wait.
View Quote

I don't know about Botach, but you are wrong about Optics Planet, your CC is charged when they ship.  Sounds like you are the only one crying here about Primary Arms. So you cancelled your order with PA and you found the items where, and at the same price, that shipped to you faster?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#28]
PA's always done right by me, 90% of the time my orders ship with in 1-3 days and I'm close enough they always arrive the day after they ship.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#30]
PA has always been great to me. Marshall went above and beyond a couple times to make things right for me. I always go PA first to find what I need. I know if there is ever an issue with my order they will take care of it. I got the letter as well. NOBODY does that. Especially when business is as good as it is. I thought that was great customer service.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't know about Botach, but you are wrong about Optics Planet, your CC is charged when they ship.  Sounds like you are the only one crying here about Primary Arms. So you cancelled your order with PA and you found the items where, and at the same price, that shipped to you faster?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered four DD CHF/CL barrels (similar priced) from four separate vendors instead because I don't trust any of these wholesalers to honor their posted "in stock" listings.

If it was your order and you were expecting those barrels as xmas gifts you'd be pissed too. I went and bought those in the good faith that all the fanbois on this site knew what they were talking about and got burned and now you're all calling me a Karen. It took PA a WEEK to reply to my emails on order status and they do not accept phone calls. I even tried contacting them on their Vendor page. This is UNACCEPTABLE and they're not getting another dime from me.

You can all go COC yourselves.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#32]
lol, ok op.  

it was a trojan horse fluff email to get the real message across:  stop fucking emailing us about order status
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#33]
I have ordered from P.A. many times and have always been happy with their service and stock of goods. They are one of the old stand by places I use.

Lately it seems due to the craziness going on, some companies  don't give you any info. on your order and your lucky to get what you ordered. Recently, I ordered a few things from Nimrod Wares and  believe it or not it is actually a great company to order from. The prices weren't bad on what I ordered and I got my package within 3 days of placing it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I got that email 6 days after my order for 5- D60 drums was placed...  Opened it at 8am.

...at 2pm that same day, I received another email from them, letting me know my items had shipped.  

Of all the companies I've dealt with, Midway and Primary Arms are without a doubt, the fastest shippers. I can live with a 5 or 10 day lead time considering the current "buying" market right now. Hell, I believe them when they tell me that are just too busy it get it as quick as normal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
lol, ok op.  

it was a trojan horse fluff email to get the real message across:  stop fucking emailing us about order status
View Quote

You are confused.  I don't care about my order status.  Just pointing out that a company that normally ships within one day issues a letter of apology when they are delayed.  Never seen that from another company.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I’m down for three. Bonus if I can get that poster to cry on them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I ordered four DD CHF/CL barrels (similar priced) from four separate vendors instead because I don't trust any of these wholesalers to honor their posted "in stock" listings.

If it was your order and you were expecting those barrels as xmas gifts you'd be pissed too. I went and bought those in the good faith that all the fanbois on this site knew what they were talking about and got burned and now you're all calling me a Karen. It took PA a WEEK to reply to my emails on order status and they do not accept phone calls. I even tried contacting them on their Vendor page. This is UNACCEPTABLE and they're not getting another dime from me.

View Quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Classy fellow. CLICK.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You are confused.  I don't care about my order status.  Just pointing out that a company that normally ships within one day issues a letter of apology when they are delayed.  Never seen that from another company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, ok op.  

again, lol.  

you thought it showed "class".  in reality, it was a mass email to any open order customer, covertly telling customers to quit emailing them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I buy higher end optics then PA, but have bought random other things there.  Primary Arms has always tried to be honest and treat people well.  I remember when they first showed up here, they have always been that way.   They have never tried to pull crap over on people, but we can make a big list or vendors who have..  No reason to go full crybaby on them for one very small mistake, especially in this environment.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

"I'm inconvenienced. Gimme dat free stuff"

Probably should cut up a lower in protest.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#41]
They should apologize for making their stuff in China.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
You are butthurt out of proportion to what happened and doubling down on stupid

PA has built it's rep on fast shipping and good service, but no...you and you alone have exposed them for the frauds they are. Do you really think the thousands of customers that have had great experiences with them are all shills lying through their teeth and somehow you are the actual average experience of what people really get when they order from them?

Comparing them to opics planet then putting a plug in for whatever vendor you had a good experience from? Cmon man, you sound like a goddamn shill

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#43]
I dig PA. One day I pulled a scope out of the safe, and the reticle was canted about 30 degrees. I looked at it for probably an hour before deciding to contact them. Long story short, they sent me a whole new scope. No problems since. I'll keep buying from them no doubt.

My wife works at a local gun shop that does a lot of online sales. Ever since the election, they have been getting about 2-3x as many orders each day as they can get out in a single day. Needless to say, the pile of stuff they need to ship is getting a little out of hand. Along with angry customers calling and emailing every hour or so means someone there has to stop shipping so they can take the call or email the person back. They have been hiring more people, but the old adage "good help is hard to find" rings true. It's truly remarkable what a time we are living in.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My only gripe at PA is the optics I want are never in stock and when I get the email notification and check they are already gone again
View Quote
Same. I got a scope from them this summer and I just used it recently on a hunting trip and saw there was a problem with the illumination. It should be an easy warranty issue but it doesn't look like it has been available in months and I don't want my rifle to be down without glass.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Primary Arms are good people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#46]
That’s good business
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I drive to their store/warehouse to pick up my orders.  You don't know what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with everything you said.  I've been buying from PA for over 10 years and have ALWAYS had a great experience.  They (and Brownell's, of course) are the first site of good repute that I recommend to newbies.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted: it was a trojan horse fluff email to get the real message across:  stop fucking emailing us about order status
View Quote
Hopefully, we can all agree this wasn't exactly a "letter of apology".  It was a form letter that was automatically sent out after a certain number of days had lapsed since an order was placed.  Most of the online sellers are sending similar E-mails highlighting the challenges posed by the pandemic, carriers, ...

Is Primary Arms normally competitive in terms of pricing?  I'm in the market for another Surefire X300U-A.  It's $297.47 at Primary Arms including tax and $13.97 UPS ground shipping.  It's $205.98 at Dack Outdoors including $8.99 FedEx / UPS ground shipping.  I know it'll take three weeks for Dack Outdoors to drop-ship it from RSR Group, but I'm willing to wait a couple of weeks to save over $90.

I don't favor any one online seller.  I almost always start with gun.deals and pick the online seller with the lowest price (including shipping) that I've had success with in the past.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Over the last few years,  have placed at least a dozen orders with them.
Every single one was shipped accurately and timely.

Would do business with them again, also, I do recommend them to friends.

I plan to continue to do so, until I see a pattern that tell me I should not.

Thanks for your products and services P.A.!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top