Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2020 5:13:29 PM EDT
I was a PADI certified diver at the age of 9 in 1970 in Grand Rapids Mi. I grew up and got away from diving for a long time now 45-50 years I would guess.

I've been to the Philippines 5 times in the last few years and while I haven't scuba dived there, I have snorkeled. The problem is I bought cheep gear from Amazon, because I don't know where a good dive store is near my home, and I didn't want to go to Wal-Mart even worse I would guess. I want a decent mask and snorkel and some way to video the cool stuff I have seen like Giant clams, colorful fish, corals, and such. Just some web sights that are trustworthy to get diving gear, and what kind of gear for filming. I don't want to spend thousands, as it just for fun once in a great while. I really want to video it though so my friends can see how amazing it all is.

Thank you for any help in this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Vivitar makes a knock off go pro that has a decent housing. That might work for camera work nicely.

Masks, I'd not buy one without a test fit.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve had a decent cheap knock off GoPro from Amazon with a housing that went pretty deep. About $70. Apeman was the brand name.

Tell us where you are and we’ll help you find a decent dive shop. You really do need to try masks on in person. Fins, too.

LeisurePro is good for dive and snorkeling gear online but you really should go in person to somewhere local.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
College Station TX
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

College Station TX
View Quote

@Searcherfortruth

This is the one you want. Aggieland Scuba.

https://aggielandscuba.com/

Just happens that a dive buddy of mine went to college in your town and loves this dive shop. He says you will be in very good hands.

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you thought about getting scuba certified again?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you thought about getting scuba certified again?
View Quote

Yes I have, because eventually I will build a house in the Philippines to live in half the year. So it would give me even more fun stuff to do. Lots of great placed to dive there. They even have a place that is famous for seeing thresher sharks.. and Apo island is a turtle sanctuary. I think it's 7640 islands so plenty of shore line.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Searcherfortruth

Just happens that a dive buddy of mine went to college in your town and loves this dive shop. He says you will be in very good hands.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

College Station TX

@Searcherfortruth

Thank you, I didn't even know we had a dive shop anymore. I used to know where it was, but it closed down abut 15 years ago.

Thanks again.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top