Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Cast iron pan on the stove top then.

Or a plumbers torch.
View Quote
Hi! Welcome to the thread!

This was covered a number of pages ago and a luxurious Le Creuset skillet was used on a gas stove top at the highest setting
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

You have a coffee maker that cost more than most AR15's, but you dont have a grill.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/199644/Castle_Gif-305493.gif

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Nope but I've spent a lot of time in the area.
View Quote
I would argue just as likely the person is from Reno/Sparks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Apparently that guy is a complete prick job in real life and really full of himself.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
tasty beef seered on my stove top after a 2.5 hour sous vide bath

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Now you're just trying to trigger people.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
New knife day. Same pattern as the green micarta one I posted a while ago, just more purrrrrty. "Goldenrod" camel bone.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quite the mail call.

Mug was a nice surprise. No one is selling these and PDW said they have no intention of making more unless they get enough requests through their website, but no where does it say that is how you vote for more of an item, so no one will do it. Also, they limit how many times you can request a product to once. Out of nowhere get the hook up from a very generous guy that could have tried to take advantage of me price wise but did not. Some people are still good. From the ignem feram line.

The knife, well...I know I said I would never cheat on my guy, but he gave me permission to cheat on him that one time to buy a CPK. Well the thrill of the cheat, even if with permission, was too much of a taste of the forbidden and I saw this little guy for cheap from a maker in Croatia, Dalibor Knives. G10 Liners, sculpted walnut scales, CF pins, blade tapered to the tip and the butt. Nice sheath. Took a little while to get through customs, but neat little knife. No idea what I will do with it. Maybe use it in the kitchen or keep to gift to someone. It is really nice. Good presentation value. 52100 though, so first thing I did was hit it with some RenWax. Is nice.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:30:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#9]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
Now you're just trying to trigger people.
View Quote
Edit: Initial response was too dark. It's been a long frustrating day. Let's do happy.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, pic thread, right.

https://i.imgur.com/ageOV3Th.jpg
View Quote

Nice. I like the lines on the TBCs
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By WICOUNSEL:
I don't own a grill.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Where did you get the mat? I have a couple of normal gun cleaning type mats, but they dont have trays/compartments for small items like screws, washers, and whatnot.
View Quote

Amazon look for soldering mat
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL, it's the same hue as a tortilla, get over it carbboi. It was really good. You need to open your mind to new experiences and discover the next best thing.
View Quote

Except tortillas get nice a nice cook when you put them on the griddle
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]
https://i.imgur.com/D2nf5U7.jpg

Quite the mail call.

Mug was a nice surprise. No one is selling these and PDW said they have no intention of making more unless they get enough requests through their website, but no where does it say that is how you vote for more of an item, so no one will do it. Also, they limit how many times you can request a product to once. Out of nowhere get the hook up from a very generous guy that could have tried to take advantage of me price wise but did not. Some people are still good. From the ignem feram line.

The knife, well...I know I said I would never cheat on my guy, but he gave me permission to cheat on him that one time to buy a CPK. Well the thrill of the cheat, even if with permission, was too much of a taste of the forbidden and I saw this little guy for cheap from a maker in Croatia, Dalibor Knives. G10 Liners, sculpted walnut scales, CF pins, blade tapered to the tip and the butt. Nice sheath. Took a little while to get through customs, but neat little knife. No idea what I will do with it. Maybe use it in the kitchen or keep to gift to someone. It is really nice. Good presentation value. 52100 though, so first thing I did was hit it with some RenWax. Is nice.
View Quote

Looks pretty cool. Is he on "the gram" ?

Mine sharing a pic of it from the spine side?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, he is.

maker spine pic.

Others.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:37:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Except tortillas get nice a nice cook when you put them on the griddle
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, he is.

maker spine pic.

https://i.imgur.com/CVVw6oR.jpg

Others.

View Quote

Very nice.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I've been trying to think of a culinary use for my kiln since I got it.

I imagine a guy could get a pretty awesome sear with a piece of  1500 3/4" thick steel plate. Lol
View Quote
I have a piece of 3/4" steel on my Turkey fryer burner
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Hi! Welcome to the thread!

This was covered a number of pages ago and a luxurious Le Creuset skillet was used on a gas stove top at the highest setting
View Quote
Then your gas stove only goes to 180?  Why do your steaks look like sad catchers mitts?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Nice. I like the lines on the TBCs
View Quote

Thanks. I think I find that to be my best looking modern knife. I wish the LEXK had the smoother shape around the finger area and the butt end instead of the more pointed shapes. I am super happy with his knives, though, terrific quality. Have the smaller EXK on the way that I picked up for a really good price the other day as well, to compare to the LEXK, and probably move one of them along. That Atlas, though, that one would be hard to sell.

Weird, they look closer in size in that photo than they actually are. The blades are close, but the Atlas's handle is actually a bit shorter and much shorter top to bottom, as well as probably 1/3 lighter.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Then your gas stove only goes to 180?  Why do your steaks look like sad catchers mitts?
View Quote

I'm not in charge of searing.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I would argue just as likely the person is from Reno/Sparks.
View Quote

At that level? You're looking at 50 level ingenuity
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quite the mail call.

View Quote

Dalibor does some folders too of I'm not mistaken
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Did some yard work and cut up some old tires for the wife to use as a planter around a tree tonight, so switched to a heftier knife. Relaxing on the patio now.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:25:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#25]

View Quote

You would be mistaken

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Quite the mail call.

Krypton Dalibor IIs are my go to hunting pants....thats all I have to offer
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

No knife this time but Blantons and a Diesel Whiskey Row. Hows everyone doing tonight?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/293626/20200528_211510_jpg-1437062.JPG

No knife this time but Blantons and a Diesel Whiskey Row. Hows everyone doing tonight?
View Quote
I started earlier with a big ass martini and a Roma Craft Aquitaine. Spilled a little on the way up the trail though
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
I started earlier with a big ass martini and a Roma Craft Aquitaine. Spilled a little on the way up the trail though
https://i.imgur.com/jhnQmcx.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:05:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#30]

Quite the mail call.

View Quote
Nice on both counts. Handle looks really skinny in subsequent knife pic though. And strangely long now that I look back.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes, he is.

maker spine pic.

https://i.imgur.com/CVVw6oR.jpg

Others.

View Quote

Really nicw
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#34]

https://i.imgur.com/MxBz5gHl.jpg
View Quote

It really reminds me of when my wife cuts the skin off pork belly and blanches it to make chicharrones
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Did some yard work and cut up some old tires for the wife to use as a planter around a tree tonight, so switched to a heftier knife. Relaxing on the patio now.

https://i.imgur.com/ZSaFRf1h.jpg
View Quote

I'll have to get back to stouts in the fall. It's IPA season.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#36]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/293626/20200528_211510_jpg-1437062.JPG

View Quote

Really really cool picture.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#37]
It wasn't that cool.

and you know what they say about people with the decorative glass pebble fire pits...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#38]

I'll have to get back to stouts in the fall. It's Kolsch and Radler season.
View Quote
FIFY

There is no IPA season unless you mean Spring cleaning and you are pouring it down the shitter where it belongs.

Seriously, how does your kid admit you are his dad?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#39]

It really reminds me of when my wife cuts the skin off pork belly and blanches it to make chicharrones
View Quote
Regardless of what you all say it was quite tasty.

Skirt steak next.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice on both counts. Handle looks really skinny in subsequent knife pic though. And strangely long now that I look back.
View Quote
The mug handle is not as nice as it's Emerson counterpart. Nature of the hand made item I guess. Still, I like the symbolism.

The handle of the knife is very skinny and long. Kind of a utility knife style. OAL is just over 7 inches and blade is only 2.75 inches.

KFB1 just bought a house today and i was kinda thinking it would be good as a house warming gift, but the more I handle it, the more I want to keep it. Still no idea what I will do with it. 52100 is more his thing than mine, but I dig the feel of the handle and the overall look.

More pics for DFARM

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#41]
The mug handle is not as nice as it's Emerson counterpart. Nature of the hand made item I guess. Still, I like the symbolism.

The handle of the knife is very skinny and long. Kind of a utility knife style. OAL is just over 7 inches and blade is only 2.75 inches.

KFB1 just bought a house today and i was kinda thinking it would be good as a house warming gift, but the more I handle it, the more I want to keep it. Still no idea what I will do with it. 52100 is more his thing than mine, but I dig the feel of the handle and the overall look.

More pics for DFARM

https://i.imgur.com/NaGduIX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/My23CaQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Al42jNe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LChdfIc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QiL4WPd.jpg
View Quote
It looks like a very nice taper overall. I can't tell if it is an artifact of the pics, but it looks like there are irregularities where the steel meets the g10, like it is a little toothy, in several areas. Especially the top side in the third pic view towards the butt. I like the rustic look overall, but not across the interface. Carter does this with perfection - as an extra touch note the core steel is centered the entire length of the taper (kind of hard to see).

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#42]
https://i.imgur.com/jhnQmcx.jpg
View Quote

Hahaha next time I got hiking I'm taking a martini
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#43]
It wasn't that cool.

and you know what they say about people with the decorative glass pebble fire pits...
View Quote

They throw good parties?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#44]
FIFY

There is no IPA season unless you mean Spring cleaning and you are pouring it down the shitter where it belongs.

Seriously, how does your kid admit you are his dad?
View Quote

It's not summer yet. Summer is radler season.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Hahaha next time I got hiking I'm taking a martini
View Quote
You should try it - up there with shower beers.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#46]

More pics for DFARM

https://i.imgur.com/NaGduIX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/My23CaQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Al42jNe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LChdfIc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QiL4WPd.jpg
View Quote

That thing is pretty sexy. I really like the lines and the taper. The wood looks great with the liners and finisbm

I'd keep her. 52100 is an older but decent steel and definitely within your envelope..

It turns out Dalibor is a common Croatian name. Dalibor Bergam makes folders.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#47]

That thing is pretty sexy. I really like the lines and the taper. The wood looks great with the liners and finisbm

I'd keep her. 52100 is an older but decent steel and definitely within your envelope..

It turns out Dalibor is a common Croatian name. Dalibor Bergam makes folders.
View Quote
it's not great at edge retention and it attracts rust faster than a X-43A moves

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#48]

It's not summer yet. Summer is radler season.
View Quote
We hit 80 the other day. We skipped spring and went straight to summer in Wisconsin. Trees are still trying to catch up.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#49]
It looks like a very nice taper overall. I can't tell if it is an artifact of the pics, but it looks like there are irregularities where the steel meets the g10, like it is a little toothy, in several areas. Especially the top side in the third pic view towards the butt. I like the rustic look overall, but not across the interface. Carter does this with perfection - as an extra touch note the core steel is centered the entire length of the taper (kind of hard to see).
https://i.imgur.com/1ztS70Y.jpg

View Quote
Those are nice lines.

I like it with teeth.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3081
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top