User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because they don't own the people.

I've said it many times before, the problem with China is they believe their own bullshit.
They think they can overtake the US. They cannot, but will kill a bunch of people (mostly civilians) trying.

there is no other reason for so many Chinese people to be sneaking into the country. Almost any of them can get a visa
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would China attack our country when they already own our politicians?
Because they don't own the people.

I've said it many times before, the problem with China is they believe their own bullshit.
They think they can overtake the US. They cannot, but will kill a bunch of people (mostly civilians) trying.

there is no other reason for so many Chinese people to be sneaking into the country. Almost any of them can get a visa

Not all that easy to leave China, if they get the idea you aren’t planning to come back. Last year, a lot of the Chinese subject YT channels were talking about customs cutting up peoples passports at the airport, and how others were having renewals denied.
VP
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If they make a move I guess we have to get it on?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Are these crack-airborne units disguised as commercial aircraft?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And all of them would be paid princely sums of money for ratting out any grand anti-US conspiracy they're involved in.

Make an audio recording of your next planning meeting, make a list of people involved, exchange it for a huge sum of money by working for the FBI or CIA.

Massive attacks are difficult to keep quiet. You need loyal true believers to spend long periods of time undercover.
View Quote

I agree but amazed at how Israel apparently did not see the oct 7 attack coming.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Dr. Phil on China Buying US Farmland
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When communist ideology trumps their economy, you’ve got a problem of them doing irrational things on the world stage.
View Quote

China has huge internal problems right now amd it wouldn’t take a lot to bring the CCP down. The image they present in movies and a cooperative US media industry os very far from reality.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Why would China send dumbasses with small arms to attack us when they have hundreds of nuclear missiles?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why would China send dumbasses with small arms to attack us when they have hundreds of nuclear missiles?
View Quote
Farmland
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

5,000 Chinese are crossing the border each month and sanctuary cities are providing room and board.

They will be given ARs that have been stockpiled over the last several years by Chinese already here.

No Polytech Legends for this crew...
View Quote

If I am not mistaken isn't there something like 200,000 Chinese citizens attending our Universities and all are loyal to the motherland.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a faptacular fantasy of an attack strategy.

50k keeping totally silent about an attack that would kill over 1 million?  LOL.. no..

100k killed in an attack would be met with a nuclear response (or enough conventional air/fuel munitions to wipe out swaths of China).

Superpowers don't tangle with superpowers for a reason.  None of them would win and none would survive.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They don't have a huge navy, but they do have stockpiles of weapons, manufacturing capabilities and will participate in anti Chinese embargoes.

We need most of europe on our side. America alone does not have the population and manufacturing base to head off China. Combine our Pacific allies, our European allies with America's strong military power and together we are extremely formidable.
View Quote

I would not trust any European countries to boycott or embargo Chinese products, they are all too weak and dependent on Chinese trade to be loyal to the USA.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It is difficult to cross the chanel and crush Taiwan in a short time. IMO, we are likely to see a supporting buildup which will enable America to also move supporting assets into range. America has some excellent capabilities that would inflict massive damage to any floating assets China pushes out. We have quite a few long range assets that can put weapons on target across the globe. Currently I don't think it would go well for China. It behooves America to ensure China percieves their ability to prevail militarily as too costly.

Taiwan may go on its own peacefully given enough time. In the near term they are electing representatives strongly opposed to joining China. If Xi wants re-unification to happen under his hand, he'll have to pursue force as he's too old for it to happen on its own.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that.  I do.

But how long would it take to rally those allies and how long would it take for China to take Taiwan?  Time/Space calculus favors the Chinese.

My opinion:  Once Taiwan is taken, it is gone.  Nobody is going to mount a reconquest of the island.  So, any show of solidarity has to be done before China initiates any action.  Getting everybody in NATO to agree to anything takes time.  
More time than most people appreciate.   Often, it takes more time than people inside NATO appreciate.  After Ukraine, Sweden joining as a member should have been a slam dunk.  But it was not.

All said, I don't think China will fight a war to take Taiwan.  Taiwan will just be taken softly and when that is done, the rest of the world will go about their business.

It is difficult to cross the chanel and crush Taiwan in a short time. IMO, we are likely to see a supporting buildup which will enable America to also move supporting assets into range. America has some excellent capabilities that would inflict massive damage to any floating assets China pushes out. We have quite a few long range assets that can put weapons on target across the globe. Currently I don't think it would go well for China. It behooves America to ensure China percieves their ability to prevail militarily as too costly.

Taiwan may go on its own peacefully given enough time. In the near term they are electing representatives strongly opposed to joining China. If Xi wants re-unification to happen under his hand, he'll have to pursue force as he's too old for it to happen on its own.

I highly doubt Taiwan would willingly join with CCP, not as long as Xi breathes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's a faptacular fantasy of an attack strategy.

50k keeping totally silent about an attack that would kill over 1 million?  LOL.. no..

100k killed in an attack would be met with a nuclear response (or enough conventional air/fuel munitions to wipe out swaths of China).

Superpowers don't tangle with superpowers for a reason.  None of them would win and none would survive.
View Quote

They could have just a thousand soldiers cross the border and that would be devastating..

They killed 1 million Americans in 2020 and we did nothing about it....
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why would China attack our country when they already own our politicians?
View Quote

This. It's much cheaper for them to just purchase compliance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:47:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can see an October 7th style attack occurring when China invades Taiwan. We’ll get hit with a cyber attack first then, the massacre will begin afterwards. I expect 50,000 sleeper cell Chinese to attack the top 50 U.S. cities (resulting in 1 million casualties) Primary targets will be business buildings, malls, schools, airports and heavy traffic Interstate highway areas.

The .gov will say they had no way to see this coming and will blame it on Trump, Republicans and a “broken immigration system”.

So, when will China invade Taiwan?
View Quote

The only way that happens is if the US govt wants it to happen.

So consider that The govt that hates you and wants you dead for minding your own business, vs the Chinaman who wants to sell you cheap shit for minding your own business.

I know who you need to be worried about. And it's not the Chinaman. No Chinaman ever called you white supremacy after all.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The only way that happens is if the US govt wants it to happen
View Quote

They seem to be doing a great job ushering illegal aliens across the border with no regard for public safety...
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#18]
China has shitty amphib Navy....no invasion.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

It would basically prevent us from sending our servicemen anywhere, since dealing with even 20 Chris Dorners on the loose would require the efforts of hundreds of thousands of people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

bullish... 300 million dead = more food for the rest...
View Quote

...and that's assuming they don't resort to cannibalism.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I suppose I would have to intervene.
View Quote

Indeed. American riflemen clean of every stripe clean them out here while we nuke their homeland destroying CCP leadership, military installations, and infrastructure. Mine their ports, drop all their bridges. Bomb all their dams and power plants. Checkmate. Should be done in a month.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It would basically prevent us from sending our servicemen anywhere, since dealing with even 20 Chris Dorners on the loose would require the efforts of hundreds of thousands of people.
View Quote
Not really. The ROE would change and we would start killing people faster. Within a couple weeks they would be mopped up and we would be back to regular deployment levels. We would pay for more security guards and up some FP levels.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#23]

When their economy hits the shitter. Which is probably going to be soon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They could have just a thousand soldiers cross the border and that would be devastating..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You do realize that we hand out enough student visas to Chinese 20-somethings, many of whom are Party-connected/PLA-adjacent, that they could/do have a Corps-sized force here, quite legally?

They killed 1 million Americans in 2020 and we did nothing about it....

WE killed 1 million Americans in 2020.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I get that.  I do.

But how long would it take to rally those allies and how long would it take for China to take Taiwan?  Time/Space calculus favors the Chinese.

My opinion:  Once Taiwan is taken, it is gone.  Nobody is going to mount a reconquest of the island.  So, any show of solidarity has to be done before China initiates any action.  Getting everybody in NATO to agree to anything takes time.  
More time than most people appreciate.   Often, it takes more time than people inside NATO appreciate.  After Ukraine, Sweden joining as a member should have been a slam dunk.  But it was not.

All said, I don't think China will fight a war to take Taiwan.  Taiwan will just be taken softly and when that is done, the rest of the world will go about their business.

View Quote

You don’t think that anyone who has soviet style equipment, soviet derived tactics, and soviet derived doctrine had an Oh Shit moment or three watching the Ukraine was play out? China would have it even worse than Russia does in that their most powerful asset (artillery and Katyusha) has to be taken over by boat or air dropped-they can’t just level their way across the plains like Russia did. You have to know that Taiwan has taken notes too and are HEAVILY investing in ATGM’s and MANPADs…. They have proven to be huge force multipliers…

So…. China sends troop carriers and attack aircraft into a heavily defended island country with some of the best maritime and AA  defense capability in the region, takes staggering losses doing so, but manages to get some people on the beach and some paratroopers on the ground…. They immediately get warheads on foreheads and droned just like in Ukraine.

I don’t think China has the stomach, or capability to take a punch in the nose that big and keep feeding it bodies and equipment. Worse than that, they risk getting exposed for being militarily incapable and incompetent, losing their ability to throw their weight around.

I’m just not seeing China tackling Taiwan, especially with the recent stories and upheaval in China regarding corruption in their military….. You guys thing that China has an iron fist in terms of control over their own country, but the truth is that they can’t even stop black market coal fired power plants from popping up in the countryside…
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I hope they bring lots of polytechs
View Quote

Milled FA's W/suppressors are my fantasy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You don’t think that anyone who has soviet style equipment, soviet derived tactics, and soviet derived doctrine had an Oh Shit moment or three watching the Ukraine was play out? China would have it even worse than Russia does in that their most powerful asset (artillery and Katyusha) has to be taken over by boat or air dropped-they can’t just level their way across the plains like Russia did. You have to know that Taiwan has taken notes too and are HEAVILY investing in ATGM’s and MANPADs…. They have proven to be huge force multipliers…

So…. China sends troop carriers and attack aircraft into a heavily defended island country with some of the best maritime and AA  defense capability in the region, takes staggering losses doing so, but manages to get some people on the beach and some paratroopers on the ground…. They immediately get warheads on foreheads and droned just like in Ukraine.

I don’t think China has the stomach, or capability to take a punch in the nose that big and keep feeding it bodies and equipment. Worse than that, they risk getting exposed for being militarily incapable and incompetent, losing their ability to throw their weight around.

I’m just not seeing China tackling Taiwan, especially with the recent stories and upheaval in China regarding corruption in their military….. You guys thing that China has an iron fist in terms of control over their own country, but the truth is that they can’t even stop black market coal fired power plants from popping up in the countryside…
View Quote

China has more Dragón Generation than the west has all types of missiles.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What he is saying is technically true in a sense.

the country of Panama is constitutionally required to maintain ownership over the canal but have outsourced some of the day to day operations and contracted with Chinese companies to maintain the infrastructure around it.

does that give China the ability to cut off access to the canal? Probably not. Not legally.
but what China does is take contracts to get a foothold in to places.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.  The Chinese do not literally own the Panama Canal.  They are just investing heavily in it.  And building bridges there.  And building infrastructure there.  And trying to build a new embassy near the mouth of the canal.  

We had some military bases in Panama, only we gave all those up.  So maybe they don't have the Panama Canal. But we don't either.  And we used to.

Quoted:

get a grip, bro.

PRC literally built ONE, singular, bridge that goes nowhere.  it's literally the least used bridge in the country.  everyone jokes about it.

They are not "trying" to build an embassy at the mouth of the canal. they " tried".  And WE shut that shit down.

No one invests in the canal, except for panama.  it's sovereign to the panamanians, and at the same time, by design, separate from the  government.  they know if they fuck it up, we're coming back.  That being said, the canal authority secured any outstanding  key terrain for  itself.  the chicoms aren't getting prime real estate.

all that being said,   the canal is panama's  and they are succeeding in running beyond anyone's expectations.

yeah, the canal used to be ours, but make no fucking mistake,  when the panama canal authority has a problem, they're NOT calling the chicoms.

What he is saying is technically true in a sense.

the country of Panama is constitutionally required to maintain ownership over the canal but have outsourced some of the day to day operations and contracted with Chinese companies to maintain the infrastructure around it.

does that give China the ability to cut off access to the canal? Probably not. Not legally.
but what China does is take contracts to get a foothold in to places.

What you are saying is technically wrong in every sense.  The Panama Canal Authority has not outsourced any of its operations to the Chinese.

The ACP knows how the game is played and is not interested in falling under the control of any outside influence.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I posted here already.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top