Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 11/15/2019 12:51:06 PM EDT
The NOVA crew has been making regular, consistent efforts to meet up and do more than just drink beer (though there has been some beer drinking too...). We have been networking and coordinating a number of projects, as well as conducting training to include physical conditioning.

Some of us were talking after our hike last night in 34 degree heat, about how it would be great if some of you other folks would start doing the same. Even if it is a once or twice a month thing (been trying to do once or twice a week here).  Are there any posters willing to take on helping coordinate meetups and hikes in their own areas?

There is plenty of resident knowledge here to help you make meaningful events, but if you need help myself or any other number of posters will be happy to assist.

Edit:

I'd like to take this a step further, but still putting the pieces together in my head...standby.

ARFCOM Battle Buddy Classification System Challenge:

The ARFCOM Battle Buddy Classification System consists of several parts and qualifications for 3rd, 2nd, and 1st class qualifications.

The first qualification is the hike, for a third class qualification.

To get a third class qualification, I challenge you to complete three hikes within a 90 day period, each with at least two additional participants unrelated to you.

You must cover an average minimum of 3mph per hike, with an average of 6 miles per hike, for a total of 18 miles minimum over three hikes within the 90 day window.

For a hike to be qualifying, you should also be carrying at least 35lbs in a pack if you are carrying a long gun, or at least 45lbs if you are not.

Successful completion of three hikes under the conditions above will net you a label as a 3rd Class Battle Buddy (Battle). Those who accomplish the above and verify it by two witnesses will be awarded a piss cutter.

To achieve second class qualification, you must have accomplished the above, and within the following 6 months accomplish one of the following:

With two ARFCOM Battle Buddy witnesses, pass the Navy Physical Readiness Test with a minimum Satisfactory score.  Scoring is available at the link. (Example: For a 20 year old male, you would need to do 50 situps/crunches in 2 minutes, 42 situps, and run 1.5 miles in 13:15- or you may swim instead of run); OR

Compete in a CMP or NRA Service Rifle Match and shoot a score equivalent to at least 70% (350 out of 500 points for CMP, for example).

Qualifying as a 2nd Class Battle will earn you a silver pin for your piss cutter.

To qualify as a 1st Class Battle, simply complete whichever of the above two events you had not completed for 2nd Class within 3 months of attaining 2nd Class.  This will earn you a gold pin for your piss cutter, and special privileges at the national ARFCOM Battle Buddy event.

I will donate the first 3 piss cutters and silver pins to our first non-combat arms guys to complete a qualification.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I really liked that thread y’all started. I was wishing I were in VA join up and go on hikes.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
@JoeMal coordinated a training session a couple weeks ago for us NTX boys. He's been talking about setting up more.

It was fun as hell, I learned a lot, met some cool guys, saw some cool gear, and also now I have a gun belt and some rad-looking shit to hang off it
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really liked that thread y’all started. I was wishing I were in VA join up and go on hikes.
View Quote
Where are you located? Find a central location and start calling out members to get together. Some drove five minutes, others over an hour, we need to start coming together as a community and building each other up.

I'm setting goals for myself and joining in on the NOVA hikes fits in nicely with those goals.

Reach out to someone, set a date, get together, burn some calories, share a beer, and then recruit more folks to join in.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Started a thread in the NC HTF.

Currently sitting at 45 views and 0 replies.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@JoeMal coordinated a training session a couple weeks ago for us NTX boys. He's been talking about setting up more.

It was fun as hell, I learned a lot, met some cool guys, saw some cool gear, and also now I have a gun belt and some rad-looking shit to hang off it
View Quote
Yes

Working on 2.0 right now
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Marching?
Boning up on First Aid?
Making friends?!

Madness and crazy talk.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd love a NoCo group to join and train with
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Marching?
Boning up on First Aid?
Making friends?!

Madness and crazy talk.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Use GD and Team as well.  And don't be afraid to recruit offline.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to drop a GD thread when I'm good and GD ready to!

Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes

Working on 2.0 right now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Working on 2.0 right now
How did I miss this thread? Is this invite only?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The NOVA crew has been making regular, consistent efforts to meet up and do more than just drink beer (though there has been some beer drinking too...). We have been networking and coordinating a number of projects, as well as conducting training to include physical conditioning.

Some of us were talking after our hike last night in 34 degree heat, about how it would be great if some of you other folks would start doing the same. Even if it is a once or twice a month thing (been trying to do once or twice a week here).  Are there any posters willing to take on helping coordinate meetups and hikes in their own areas?

There is plenty of resident knowledge here to help you make meaningful events, but if you need help myself or any other number of posters will be happy to assist.
View Quote
Yeah I should get a Fredericksburg/Richmond thread going.  I'm not driving up 95 from Fredericksburg to hang out with you guys
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#13]
When I get healed up from my accident I would be more than happy to try orchestrating a similar thing in my AO.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes

Working on 2.0 right now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Working on 2.0 right now
What's this? I didn't hear about it

ETA: Found it. I was still in Afghanistan, no wonder I didn't notice it
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Working on 2.0 right now
It was in the TX home town forum,so you had to know where to look.

And no, it was open to all. No way anyone would have invited me on purpose
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm willing to help in NTX. Unfortunately working 6 days a week right now hampers things a bit. But, I'll help if I can.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm willing to help in NTX. Unfortunately working 6 days a week right now hampers things a bit. But, I'll help if I can.
View Quote
I often go weeks or months at a time without a day off. Yesterday I worked from 0500 to 1500, then met the guys and hiked from 1900 to 2100. Working again today all day til 2300.

We must prioritize networking and coordination or we will lose.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Where are you located? Find a central location and start calling out members to get together. Some drove five minutes, others over an hour, we need to start coming together as a community and building each other up.

I'm setting goals for myself and joining in on the NOVA hikes fits in nicely with those goals.

Reach out to someone, set a date, get together, burn some calories, share a beer, and then recruit more folks to join in.
View Quote
This is what needs to be happening in every state . As soon as I commit to a state I might even have to get in on the fun .
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm out frolicking in the woods (and other places) at least once a month in Michigan.

Anyone interested in tagging along just get at me.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm out frolicking in the woods (and other places) at least once a month in Michigan.

Anyone interested in tagging along just get at me.
View Quote
@Drastik I'd say don't wait for someone to come to you, find someone with a MI location or go to the MI hometeam forum and put it together.

RockHard can give you ideas or organize the troops yourself. A location and a goal of networking and putting some miles in is all you need to get started.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Was cool to the VA thread. More of this needs to happen.  Meatspace. See my signature.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#23]
The HTF group I hang out with is a 4 hour drive away.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you have a friend? brother? BIL? Colleague? They don't have to be ARFCommers, we just have to start getting people involved.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m down for that type of thing.

Except for the hiking . Fuck that I walked about 15 miles today for work, I ain’t doin it for fun

Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I would like to do this in central Oregon.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can you ruck it faster?

Anyone in your area you can have a more local meet up?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I would organize a Tampa Bay Arfcommer meetup if anyone was interested.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are so many of us in North Texas its ridiculous there isnt more shit going on.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There are so many of us in North Texas its ridiculous there isnt more shit going on.
View Quote
Go ahead and post up something
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I’d be interested in a local meet up/hike. I’m already in the mountains most of my off time.

I’ve seen some of your threads, just saw the one for tomorrow. That is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd love a NoCo group to join and train with
View Quote
Maybe make some CO regions. I’d be down to assist in organizing something.

@me if interested or use DM’s here.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#35]
If anyone wants to do this is Cali, let me know.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When I get healed up from my accident I would be more than happy to try orchestrating a similar thing in my AO.
View Quote
Only problem I see is all us Montana members are hours apart....
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:08:46 AM EDT
[#37]
This should, at minimum, be in team. Opsec and organizers should prepare to spot infiltrators. May as well invite a bunch of college aged Chinese males here on student visas.

ETA: Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This should, at minimum, be in team. Opsec and organizers should prepare to spot infiltrators. May as well invite a bunch of college aged Chinese males here on student visas.
View Quote
There are cops on this board that make lists for users that disagree with them. There are posters here who stalk and arock people who disagree with them. Lol there will be UC ATF agents and informants infiltrating groups from the start working off "tips" of armed groups organizing. There isn't anything you can do about it. Doesn't matter where you put the topic.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There are cops on this board that make lists for users that disagree with them. There are posters here who stalk and arock people who disagree with them. Lol there will be UC ATF agents and informants infiltrating groups from the start working off "tips" of armed groups organizing. There isn't anything you can do about it. Doesn't matter where you put the topic.
View Quote
I'm 100% on the up and up, teaching physical fitness and leadership through a military lense.

I am unconcerned. I've invited a number of federal agents to our hikes.

Spoiler alert: a large percentage of federal agents outside ATF think ATF is the laughing stock of law enforcement. There is not a lot of love for ATF.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm 100% on the up and up, teaching physical fitness and leadership through a military lense.

I am unconcerned. I've invited a number of federal agents to our hikes.

Spoiler alert: a large percentage of federal agents outside ATF think ATF is the laughing stock of law enforcement. There is not a lot of love for ATF.
View Quote
Quoted:

If you don’t want to participate, feel free to stay home and  don’t participate.

It’s that simple.  
View Quote
To be more clear. I think what y'all are doing is a great idea. I'm onboard with it. I was just responding to the other poster talking about opsec and where you post the threads/recruit from. All I was saying is, it doesn't matter where you post or recruit from. You will always have dissension and infiltrators. So opsec is irrelevant.

@DK-Prof
@RockHard13F
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg
Damn shame. There is a fucking waiting list for Cola Warrior but we can't organize a large gathering like this in Central VA. I may have to just say fuck it and drive up north.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 1:07:08 AM EDT
[#43]
@RockHard13F, I have been following your NOVA threads and am interested in what @JoeMal is organizing for us in north Texas as well...
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#44]
I saw the Cola warrior thread a few weeks ago, but I must be new or something, because I have no clue what it is. It looked interesting. And I would love to participate, but being in TX makes it hard to get that far away.

I would love to contribute or help with a more local, NTX group. I will venture to say I'm one of the younger members (35), but I'll share my toys.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd be interested in training with like-minded folks here in NM. Would also help do what I can to assist in organization.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 2:02:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Never rucked... But I've got feet and I've got shoulders. So I guess I'm down. Nursing an injury right now, but I'm willing to go until body parts go numb. North of Houston.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 2:15:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
True dat! But...might be nice for a weekend getaway.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If anyone wants to do this is Cali, let me know.
View Quote
Where? I’m N San Diego County.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 2:34:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would organize a Tampa Bay Arfcommer meetup if anyone was interested.
View Quote
Ya got one..... . I could maybe, possibly, just might, pretty much, most likely, do a meet up in Tampa Bay area.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ya got one..... . I could maybe, possibly, just might, pretty much, most likely, do a meet up in Tampa Bay area.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/l6I8mJU__1_-92.gif
View Quote
@spartacus2002 We got you a battle buddy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top