Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im in West Pawlet. That article to so over dramatized it's no even funny. It's  a few busy body fucktards vs this guy for his "public range". People are out shooting all the time in this area.

Not hearing gun shots would be much stranger than hearing them. I shoot often as do atleast two other close neighbors and many others off in the distance.

Just to be clear. I don't know any of those assholes and I've never been to that guys range.

ETA

West Pawlet has a post office and a volunteer fire dept thats the entire fucking town.

Pawlet has a volunteer fire dept, church, two places to eat and a general store. A realtor and a couple bullshit shops. It takes SECONDS to drive through either "downtown" area lol

No bullshit look them up ??
View Quote

Go talk to the guy and get him to post here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yep!!

Good for him. I hope he prevails.

And oh, the melodramatic hyperventilating in that article. Holy shit. I didn't realize VT residents were so... weak.
View Quote

They elected Bernie multiple times. That's all you need to know.

VT used to be great. But then all the patchouli-smelling granola munchers invaded from NY and MA and turned it into what it is now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You can bet the majority of the trouble he has is coming from libtard transplants.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He only has 30 acres, I think the article is saying the town population is 1,400.

You can bet the majority of the trouble he has is coming from libtard transplants.

Wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Another military washout running "tactical" training. Seems familiar.
View Quote

Who gives a shit?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Unless he’s breaking a law.... he’s not wrong!
View Quote

You’ve not been paying attention.
Laws are for slaves.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Apparently it's labeled that way, but if you checkout their fb page they offer training. Check out the link above about the stalking, lots of interesting reading. And, I know everyone will be shocked, he has a gofundme up to fight the oppression.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I've heard its just a free public range.

Apparently it's labeled that way, but if you checkout their fb page they offer training. Check out the link above about the stalking, lots of interesting reading. And, I know everyone will be shocked, he has a gofundme up to fight the oppression.

Sounds like you agree with the Karens.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
STOP LIKING THINGS I DONT LIKE
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At a town meeting, he accused town officials, without evidence, of corruption, homophobia and membership in the Ku Klux Klan. He made it clear he would not back down.
View Quote

Over the past four ish years I was taught that this is the correct way to conduct myself in public when dealing with someone who disagrees with me.
View Quote

Nowadays you have to beat them to the punch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I've heard its just a free public range.

ONLY 2 sides here.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#10]

"People wanting to defend their freedoms think that laws don't apply to them"

Yeah, the unconstitutional laws down apply and should be resisted in every way possible.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Im in West Pawlet. That article to so over dramatized it's no even funny. It's  a few busy body fucktards vs this guy for his "public range". People are out shooting all the time in this area.

Not hearing gun shots would be much stranger than hearing them. I shoot often as do atleast two other close neighbors and many others off in the distance.

Just to be clear. I don't know any of those assholes and I've never been to that guys range.

ETA

West Pawlet has a post office and a volunteer fire dept thats the entire fucking town.

Pawlet has a volunteer fire dept, church, two places to eat and a general store. A realtor and a couple bullshit shops. It takes SECONDS to drive through either "downtown" area lol

View Quote

Vermont?  Isn’t this where “the hills are filled with The Sound of Music?”  Anywhere close to Stowe?

Ratatattat!  Music to MY ears!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#12]
“I think we all kind of let our guard down,” she said. “We’re just not equipped to deal with people like him.”

Sweetie doesn't realize there's millions more like him....

Guy can't even enjoy his property in peace. Our country is a joke at this point.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dude buys land for his buddies to shoot on.
*Checks map*

Yup that's in America.

Maybe they can deregulate suppressors so the nearby Karen's will bitch less.
View Quote

This is exactamundoley right on!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ETA

View Quote

Good background detail. Thank you

Fuck the media
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#15]
30 acres for a training camp?
WTF?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over the past four ish years I was taught that this is the correct way to conduct myself in public when dealing with someone who disagrees with me.

It is only Tuesday, and that is probably the post of the week.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*Checks map*

Yup that's in America.

Really is a great example of the stupidity of suppressor regulations!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

ETA

View Quote

Sounds like a cool place.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

At first, I was all .

But then read this, and was

restraining order - with semi-implied threats to neighbor's daughter

Even if only 1/2 of this article is true, he loses a ton of sympathy from me.  
Asking for an exact copy of the car that your feuding neighbor's daughter drives?  Come on, man!  And yes, the screen-caps are out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At first, I was all .

Asking for an exact copy of the car that your feuding neighbor's daughter drives?  Come on, man!  And yes, the screen-caps are out there.

If this is the Karen that's harassing him, sure makes sense.

I'm not saying I agree, I'm saying I understand
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good grief.

TL;DR: man buys land to shoot on, invites other people to shoot on his land. Soft minded neighbors fear for their lives because they don't like loud noises.
View Quote

Damn city people;

Dust, Dirt, Gravel, Cow Pies, Gun Fire, OMFG
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#21]
When you have to explain this to your readers.... "a private, the Army’s lowest rank"  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#22]
What is his username?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Does he have a bulldozer on-site ?  Cause this is how you get armored up killdozer
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Funny. I just got inside from feeding horses and plowing snow. A neighbor drove up the road on his tractor to see if I needed a hand and brought this article up. He is one of our neighbors that shoots fairly often. Nice old retired guy. Life long Vermonter.

His opinion... If those busy bodies would stop harassing the guy there wouldn't be a problem.

Additional info learned. Pawlet has spent 4x their yearly budget for legal fees on harassing this guy. Part of his lawsuit against the town is over the residents wasted tax money. ??
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

At first, I was all .

View Quote

I think your on target. In your link, it’s worse than the car thing:

“Toor points to three posts, which Hulett and her attorney used as evidence in a hearing last week, that demonstrate threats. The first said Hulett and her husband needed to “go to HELL!” and later said “we must eradicate these people,” then listed her home address.”

That certainly appears to be calling for their killing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's enough space with proper back stops, the problem is sound. I think 100 acres should minimize that a bit.
View Quote

Yeah around here, you can easily shoot safely on 1 acre if it's faced into a steep mountainside (which we have a copious supply of). But it's pretty damn loud because the sound is all reflected back.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well he's not wrong either way. His land his rules.

Plenty of lawful activities that are wrong IMO.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
At a town meeting, he accused town officials, without evidence, of corruption, homophobia and membership in the Ku Klux Klan. He made it clear he would not back down.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ETA

View Quote

My entire family on my father’s side is from Pawlet.  Beautiful little town.  Love me a steak at the Barn or gas from the only station in town with the wooden bear...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

“I think we all kind of let our guard down,” she said. “We’re just not equipped to deal with people like him.”

Sweetie doesn't realize there's millions more like him....

Guy can't even enjoy his property in peace. Our country is a joke at this point.
View Quote

What sort of psychopathology leads one to become frustrated by not being equipped to “deal” with someone else, when there is no reason to “deal” with this person to begin with?

Why does this Karen feel compelled to “deal” with the guy in the first place?

It’sAllSoTiresome.jpg
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"People wanting to defend their freedoms think that laws don't apply to them"

Yeah, the unconstitutional laws down apply and should be resisted in every way possible.
View Quote

It’s double ironic because he hasn’t broken any laws.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#32]
“The question is, kind of, how does this end?” said Jessica Van Oort, 44, a Pawlet shop owner who serves as chair of the town’s planning commission.

“Everybody in the nation has become quite aware of the threat of armed insurrection,” she said. “It’s not foreign to anyone in the U.S. to think of people who have guns and want to defend their freedoms and don’t feel that the laws apply to them.”
View Quote

Oh fuck off, Jessica.

It could end with you just leaving him alone and minding your own fucking business.  How about that, Jessica?

Or are you a "daddy's little princess" who never heard the world NO before?  You can't stand not getting your way, so you're gonna try to take the man's land or force him into a corner where he ends up in jail or dead?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Funny. I just got inside from feeding horses and plowing snow. A neighbor drove up the road on his tractor to see if I needed a hand and brought this article up. He is one of our neighbors that shoots fairly often. Nice old retired guy. Life long Vermonter.

His opinion... If those busy bodies would stop harassing the guy there wouldn't be a problem.

Additional info learned. Pawlet has spent 4x their yearly budget for legal fees on harassing this guy. Part of his lawsuit against the town is over the residents wasted tax money. ??
View Quote

He should start the negotiations to buy him out at $20mil.  

Maybe they will have a bake sale to cover it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

"I don't Like YOU because you like guns (Or whatever I think your Politics are)" isn't reason enough to take somebody's land nor restrict their rights when they are operating fully within the law.

SnowFlakes...   A Bunch of Sorry Little Liberal SnowFlakes...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh fuck off, Jessica.

It could end with you just leaving him alone and minding your own fucking business.  How about that, Jessica?

Or are you a "daddy's little princess" who never heard the world NO before?  You can't stand not getting your way, so you're gonna try to take the man's land or force him into a corner where he ends up in jail or dead?
View Quote

With people like Jessica running town commissions, it’s just a total mystery as to why others want guns to defend their freedoms and defy ridiculous edicts. I just cannot figure it out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Also.. am I the only person that thinks we should all book range days there?  Like all summer long.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think your on target. In your link, it’s worse than the car thing:

“Toor points to three posts, which Hulett and her attorney used as evidence in a hearing last week, that demonstrate threats. The first said Hulett and her husband needed to “go to HELL!” and later said “we must eradicate these people,” then listed her home address.”

That certainly appears to be calling for their killing.
View Quote

If they were actually worried they wouldn't be such assholes to the guy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Article is a perfect case in point of why suppressors should be as legal and widely available as ear muffs.

If not for the tax stamp and months of waiting, you'd be able to buy low quality "good enough" $50 suppressors at Walmart and they'd be throw away items like magazines.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My entire family on my father’s side is from Pawlet.  Beautiful little town.  Love me a steak at the Barn or gas from the only station in town with the wooden bear...
View Quote

It's called Sheldon's. So funny. It's still cash only.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#41]
“Everybody in the nation has become quite aware of the threat of armed insurrection,” she said. “It’s not foreign to anyone in the U.S. to think of people who have guns and want to defend their freedoms and don’t feel that the laws apply to them.”

I thought this was funny.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I thought this was funny.

View Quote

She's a lonely middle aged LGBTQ theater geek with hippie hair down to her knees, pronouns listed in her bio and she's raising money for a friend's M2F "gender confirmation surgery"

Of course she hates masculine activities like shooting.

Also a psychic. Wonder why she didn't warn anyone prior to Jan 7 if she knew it was going to happen?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Basically what I took out of it was... country Karen doesn't like Country noises. Got it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
*Checks map*

Yup that's in America.

View Quote

This, if they don't like the noise, call your congress-scum and get the HPA rolling again.  We'd all be shooting quietly if it wasn't so expensive and complicated.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Also.. am I the only person that thinks we should all book range days there?  Like all summer long.
View Quote

It would be a LONG drive from Texas, but then again a cool summer in Vermont does have a nice sound to it  ...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Reminds me of when a neighbor ran a loud pump 24/7.

It was rude.  I could have made a stink or tried to negotiate.  

I did neither.  A pump burning $50 a day or more in fuel solved the problem for me.

I can’t see this guy being able to afford that much ammunition.  But since they made a stink he’s out to prove a point and probably has a lot more “friends” over shooting.

It’s not going to end well for anyone.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I just looked at his place on google earth, he is way away from the nearest houses.
View Quote

Yeah it like 3 miles away. Backed up by a huge slate quarry.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#49]
At a town meeting, he accused town officials, without evidence, of corruption, homophobia and membership in the Ku Klux Klan. He made it clear he would not back down
View Quote

Talk about taking the offensive
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I would think 30 acres is plenty of standoff to do what he's doing.

Fuck those nancies
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top