Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2018 7:39:13 PM EDT
A Bird in a Cage: Mental Disabilities and the Gospel

I came across this blog post a couple of days ago.  It's about ministering to those with mental disabilities and handicaps.

I share his words with you because hearing him say that forever changed the way I would speak to those with mental disabilities and physical handicaps. In those few words, everything I saw on the outside which was broken and dysfunctional disappeared and I caught the glimpse of the bird fluttering inside the cage. I had always seen the cage, but it was not always known to me that bird inside received the words and the songs I spoke and sang. He understood more than I had given him credit because of his outward appearance.
View Quote
I found it to be both moving and informative.  Time spent delivering the Word of God and the gospel (the news of the forgiveness of sins and the resurrection of the body on the last day for Christ's sake) to such people is definitely not time wasted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top