Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2021 10:24:36 AM EDT
Probably the worst time to have a card go bad but was wondering if any of you guys are having luck finding 3080/3090's. I've seen a few prebuilts for sale which could be parted out but otherwise bots are nabbing them too quick.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Newegg has really gone downhill, its basically a Aliexpress now. Jesus lol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#3]
6-8 months (if we are lucky) before GPUs start becoming readily available

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm starting to aquire parts to build a new pc right now, what is going on with GPU's is nuts.  I might just have to buy a used one to get me by.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm starting to aquire parts to build a new pc right now, what is going on with GPU's is nuts.  I might just have to buy a used one to get me by.
View Quote

I cant even find used 980TI's or 1660's. Worst I've ever seen for PC's. I'm just trying to get back up and running.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#6]
You might be able to find an AMD 5700. I have one and it runs Div 2 and MW2020 with a mix of high/ultra settings over 80-120 FPS 1440/144.

Otherwise, all recent release AMD and Nvidia are OOS. Amazon has some 3060 TIs in stock with 3rd party sellers for $800-$1000. Not worth it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have time to camp out on eBay, you can occasionally snag a good deal if you're quick about.

If you're lucky enough to live near a Micro Center, check in with them first things in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I was actually able to score a 3070 BNIB for 725. Little bit of a markup but considering what's going on I'll take it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was actually able to score a 3070 BNIB for 725. Little bit of a markup but considering what's going on I'll take it.
View Quote

In this environment, good deal. Little over a month ago people were getting them for MSRP ($500). The market is insane atm.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In this environment, good deal. Little over a month ago people were getting them for MSRP ($500). The market is insane atm.
View Quote

People keep saying it's because of COVID, supply chains, blah blah blah. Bullshit. I blame crypto for 90% of the demand.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

People keep saying it's because of COVID, supply chains, blah blah blah. Bullshit. I blame crypto for 90% of the demand.
View Quote

I'm sure crypto miners are a part of it. I blame the semiconductor and other parts shortage that is going on. When you are able to sell a product $200+ over MSRP on a $500 item, you want to be able to pump out more.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:42:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm sure crypto miners are a part of it. I blame the semiconductor and other parts shortage that is going on. When you are able to sell a product $200+ over MSRP on a $500 item, you want to be able to pump out more.
View Quote

Similar to the ammo situation, it won't always be like this. There's no reason to add production costs to meet a temporary inflated demand.

I mean shit, my 2080 Super is currently earning me over $7/day, and that's just using NiceHash. I didn't buy my GPU to mine, but at these earnings, why the hell not?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where? If it's from a retailer, that may mostly be tariff increase and not markup.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Where? If it's from a retailer, that may mostly be tariff increase and not markup.
View Quote

Hardwareswap on reddit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hardwareswap on reddit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hardwareswap on reddit.

How secure is that? You just sent 725 and trusted you would get the card?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, people have verified trades on there. Dude I bought from had 260 confirmed trades lol. Got the card no problems.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I got really lucky when I scored a day 1 3070fe and only paid retail price of $500 or whatever it was. I did try desperately to get a 3080 but refused to pay mark up gouger prices.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

No different that using the EE on here.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Similar to the ammo situation, it won't always be like this. There's no reason to add production costs to meet a temporary inflated demand.

I mean shit, my 2080 Super is currently earning me over $7/day, and that's just using NiceHash. I didn't buy my GPU to mine, but at these earnings, why the hell not?
View Quote

Please explain..........

Scott
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:49:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

To the part in the bold, I'd say you were correct if it wasn't also for the fact that consumer CPU's and even industrial silicon is having supply chain issues. Nobody needs those for crypto.

I've never truly understood mining or crypto, but I can do math and like you I also saw that my 1660's that were mostly sitting idle could earn me something like $6 per day with the right tweaks. Let em rip. I also put one of them up for sale on FB for some ridiculous price. If somebody wants to pay me enough so that I can flip a 1660 Super into a 3070 sometime down the road, well then I'll put their money in my piggy bank. If nobody does, well then in a couple of months they should have mined enough crypto to cover the difference. The 1660 Super I put up for sale I bought used back in October for $140, the last guy that messaged me offer $350 for it. I tell them upfront that I'm not needing to sell it, I don't even necessarily want to sell it, but if they're willing to pay the going rate for one I'd be stupid to turn them down. So far nobody local has wanted to pay what they're going for on ebay, and I'm not messing with ebay and the potential of getting scammed out of my money and card.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top