BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
They were going to die anyway.  Hoax.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are rookie numbers.  They gotta pump those numbers up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably bs. I’m still not getting the vaccine though.
View Quote

The BS is all in what people think it means which on this website it's basically a license to let people's imaginations run wild.  They have received 55 reports of people dying AFTER receiving the vaccine.  That's not even remotely the same thing as having 55 reports of people dying BECAUSE of the vaccine.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m just wondering why when someone gets a vaccine and dies it’s the vaccine’s fault, butt when someone dies of COVID it’s dementia/cancer/diabetes/any other excuse and not COVID?
View Quote

Because they aren't deploying the vaccine to those groups just yet, but 'healthy' medical personnel, unless I'm mistaken.

Still an insignificant number.  How many are killed or crippled by flu shots each year?  It sure ain't zero, but it's close enough to zero.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You are not wrong but if one of the 55 had been your parent, wife or  child I have to wonder if you would have made that comment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
55 deaths, 10 million vaccinated.

Somebody do the math for me - because the phrase “statistically zero” is my answer.

Imagine a city of 10 million people. How many people die each day in that city?

This is not news.

You are not wrong but if one of the 55 had been your parent, wife or  child I have to wonder if you would have made that comment.

Same could be said about the .3% who may have died from covid itself. Just saying...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Rushed, experimental vaccine is rushed.

And experimental.
View Quote

And also a massively corrupt boondoggle to launder a crapton of federal money to 'private' companies with good lobbyists (and congressional insider traders)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm just wondering how long it will be before everyone getting the vaccine turns into a blood thirsty zombie like in the movie "I am Legend"?

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Falun Gong outlet, very anti-Chinese which would be fine if half of their shit wasn't laughable.

Don't trust a news source just because they agree with you and aren't afraid to throw shade at the CCP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's their deal anyhow? Bullshit news place or what?

Falun Gong outlet, very anti-Chinese which would be fine if half of their shit wasn't laughable.

Don't trust a news source just because they agree with you and aren't afraid to throw shade at the CCP.

I’m pretty new to the Epoch so please show me some laughable articles.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Because they aren't deploying the vaccine to those groups just yet, but 'healthy' medical personnel, unless I'm mistaken.

Still an insignificant number.  How many are killed or crippled by flu shots each year?  It sure ain't zero, but it's close enough to zero.
View Quote

Numerous nursing homes in my AO rolling out the vax
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So the death rate from COVID-19 (not co-morbidities) and the vaccine are roughly the same.  
View Quote

Ignoring the fact that majority of the US population has at least 1 COVID risk factor, what is the source for your amazing bullshit claim? Make sure your source excludes kids since they aren't getting the vaccine.

Spoiler alert: you are off by several orders of magnitude.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Everyone who gets vaccinated will die after getting vaccinated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So pretty close to the actual virus then? Except you can actually choose to get this or not, unlike the virus.

ya, I think I'll go ahead and play my odds with nature, not government backed science.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody do the math for me - because the phrase "statistically zero" is my answer.

This is not news.
So pretty close to the actual virus then? Except you can actually choose to get this or not, unlike the virus.

ya, I think I'll go ahead and play my odds with nature, not government backed science.

Where are you getting such a low death rate for COVID that it is comparable to 55 out of 10,000,000?

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I pose the same question to you.  Well, would you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody do the math for me - because the phrase “statistically zero” is my answer.

This is not news.

Look, I ain't taking no vaccine that was rushed to market like these but your appeal to emotion is a logical fallacy.  It's the same thing gun banners do.

55 deaths out of 11.9 million US doses (per Bloomberg) is statistically insignificant.

I pose the same question to you.  Well, would you?
It's a literally retarded question.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I already had it, but my employer is still mandating I get. Moderna one on Wednesday. If I don't log in, you'll know it got me
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a cousin die in a car wreck. Ruptured spleen, internal bleeding...possibly due to seat belt trauma. My Uncle, who had never worn seatbelts, used that as a reason to continue not wearing seatbelts.

I continue to use and recommend seat belts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I already had it, but my employer is still mandating I get. Moderna one on Wednesday. If I don't log in, you'll know it got me
View Quote

Maybe you'll get good side effects.   You know like how it works in superhero movies.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

Same as everyone who drinks water.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Maybe you'll get good side effects.   You know like how it works in superhero movies.  

View Quote

I'll be able to shoot spikes at people out of my mouth when I take the mask off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Look, I ain't taking no vaccine that was rushed to market like these but your appeal to emotion is a logical fallacy.  It's the same thing gun banners do.

55 deaths out of 11.9 million US doses (per Bloomberg) is statistically insignificant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not news.

Out of the 11.9 million, how many are in high risk catagories (65+, preexisting conditions, nursing or LTC home residents?)
Out of 11.9 million, how many of that risk demo die on any given day when there is no China virus?

Local paper the other day decided to highlight the passing of a "healthy person" that got hit by China virus (as a desire to say that we need to lockdown harder).
Said "healthy person" was 88 years old, survived several heart attacks, heart disease, a stroke, was an insulin dependent diabetic (who had a couple of amputations) and lived in a LTC facility but was otherwise healthy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll be able to shoot spikes at people out of my mouth when I take the mask off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that Moderna or Pfizer?

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Epoch times you say?
View Quote

What difference does it make? They all spew garbage.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I hope and pray all who take do so with great success and no serious after effects.  
I hope your parents do well.  
I am 72 and generally in good health for my age.  I am skeptical of the vaccines and while at some point in the future I might change my mind I don't think it will be anytime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not news.

My parents are in their 70s and are scheduled to receive the first dose of Moderna vaccine in a few weeks. I fully support their decision, knowing there are no guarantees.

I hope and pray all who take do so with great success and no serious after effects.  
I hope your parents do well.  
I am 72 and generally in good health for my age.  I am skeptical of the vaccines and while at some point in the future I might change my mind I don't think it will be anytime soon.

My dad (a mid 70s gym rat) is avoiding the vaccine for now. His doctor agrees with him steering clear of it until more is known.
Nurse friend (mid 40s and fit/healthy) has had both doses, nothing noteworthy to report.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Not a zombie yet....I’ll try and post right before I turn into a bloodthirsty maniac to let everyone know

Of course my wife, son and I don’t get dose 2 until 2/5

(fwiw...wife and son had significant site soreness, and my wife still has a rash near the site, roughly 10 days later.  I had significant fatigue a couple days later, slept it off, and that’s it so far.  We all received the moderna vaccine.)

Quoted:
I'm just wondering how long it will be before everyone getting the vaccine turns into a blood thirsty zombie like in the movie "I am Legend"?

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m just wondering why when someone gets a vaccine and dies it’s the vaccine’s fault, butt when someone dies of COVID it’s dementia/cancer/diabetes/any other excuse and not COVID?

Got GBS from it two years ago.

Still randomly lose muscle control from the chest down,piss the bed, sometimes shit my pants and a hord of other fun little quirks.

Can’t say that I recommend it.

But it’s cool because I’m just the one in a million that had this happen.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes, some frail people may die after being vaccinated.  And some will die before being vaccinated.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Somebody do the math for me - because the phrase "statistically zero" is my answer.

This is not news.
View Quote
00.00055%
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m currently sick as fuck. Every time I take a deep breath I cough, been running a fever of 102+ since Tuesday. Body aches, headache, dizzy, nausea ect.

Tested negative for flu A+B, waiting on the Shanghai shivers test to come back. If it’s negative I have no fucking idea what I have but it is fucking me up

I have probably managed 500 calories in three days. I have no desire to eat and have to force myself to drink water.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Still randomly lose muscle control from the chest down,piss the bed, sometimes shit my pants and a hord of other fun little quirks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's never cool but life is all about weighing risks.  Just because people try to put things into a statistical context doesn't make it all good if you win the bad luck lottery anyway.

I've got better odds of dying in a car wreck than suffering what you did but do you think I'm going to stop driving my car?

You compare your options, you weigh the odds, and then you roll the dice.  That's life.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I had a cousin die in a car wreck. Ruptured spleen, internal bleeding...possibly due to seat belt trauma. My Uncle, who had never worn seatbelts, used that as a reason to continue not wearing seatbelts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand your point.  
I use seat belts and said seat belts saved my wife and I in a very bad wreck.    We had seat belt injuries as well, broken and cracked ribs and some awesome bruising.  
What I was trying to say is that making little of 55 people dying from taking a vaccine to prevent them from contracting Covid 19 and becoming very ill seems a little cold.  I did not disagree with his logic.   55 people dying from something that they hoped could and would save them is tragic and not trivial.
It is 55 tragedies to 55 families, period.  
Everyone who takes the vaccines can only hope for the best and it is indeed a personal decision.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, I don't see anything that proves the vaccine did it.  It might have played a role, or maybe not.  Correlation is not necessarily causation.  We'd need more info.
View Quote

Right, because that's what they're going to investigate.  We might actually know if they tested the fucking thing on those over 60, you know, the very population they're targeting right now?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well the media and society at large is saying the exact opposite, so...

That's really my take away here.  Media and the health industry is perfectly okay calling everything under the sun COVID death and blowing the pandemic way out of proportion, and now suddenly we're back to "it doesn't necessarily mean anything" when reports of adverse effects with the vaccine come out.  Correct.  But it doesn't mean there's NOT anything, either.  

My risk doesn't change super significantly either way.  With that in mind, I'm NOT going to inject myself with an un-approved, unknown effect new drug.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#32]
We were told not to worry about this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Local paper the other day decided to highlight the passing of a "healthy person" that got hit by China virus (as a desire to say that we need to lockdown harder).
Said "healthy person" was 88 years old, survived several heart attacks, heart disease, a stroke, was an insulin dependent diabetic (who had a couple of amputations) and lived in a LTC facility but was otherwise healthy.
View Quote

The reporting is right up there with "mostly peaceful protests".
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This is not news.
View Quote

Your point makes a lot of sense, until I remember the virus has a 99.7% survivability amongst old people.
99.99% among younger/healthy people.

Granted, I haven’t seen evidence that they died from the vaccine and not something else, but the government and media have lied so much in the last few years (or maybe now it’s just in your face) that I don’t believe them.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I understand your point.  
I use seat belts and said seat belts saved my wife and I in a very bad wreck.    We had seat belt injuries as well, broken and cracked ribs and some awesome bruising.  
What I was trying to say is that making little of 55 people dying from taking a vaccine to prevent them from contracting Covid 19 and becoming very ill seems a little cold.  I did not disagree with his logic.   55 people dying from something that they hoped could and would save them is tragic and not trivial.
Everyone who takes the vaccines can only hope for the best and it is indeed a personal decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand your point.  

1)  Read the original post again.  The part you wrote above in bold is not what the article is saying.  55 people died after taking the vaccine NOT 55 people died because of taking the vaccine.

2)  It's not making little of their deaths to try and put it in an appropriate context.  Articles like this are used for fear mongering because people focus on the 55 and not the 10,000,000.  The only way to back up from that is for someone to point out what 55 out of 10,000,000 actually means.  Even if we play it safe to the point of stupid and presume that all 55 people died from the vaccine, and that's out of 10,000,000 vaccine doses given so far, then that means that the vaccine is still vastly safer than getting COVID itself.

People are using these kinds of articles to make decisions about their health.  The weight of 55 individual tragedies shouldn't be the basis for informing people about the risks of that decision and it certainly shouldn't cloud people from the risks of the alternative.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#36]
OP.  I was sitting at as stop light today.  Light was red.   A Green Day song came on the radio. The light all of a sudden turned green.  The song made the light change?  Using your logic - yes it did.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah, and I'd be sad if my parents were one of the 393,000 COVID deaths in the past 12 months too.

Risk analysis isn't about emotion.  It's about breaking things down by the numbers and making an informed decision.

COVID risk is low, Vaccine risk appears to be even lower.  Choose whichever risk suits you most.  The only zero risk option is hiding in your basement and having Grubhub drop off food for the rest of your life.

View Quote

Bullshit.  Our bodies clear the virus successfully 99.8% of the time.  The vaxscheme is only 95% effective.  You have no fucking clue what risk the vaxscheme presents.  Despite what you've been told, the trials are from ending.  

Pfizer doesn't end for only another 2.5 years.

Moderna's got about 2 years left on their's.

But go ahead, tell us how you have all the answers for the data that cannot be fucking accessed.

Oh wait a second!  You know what?  Let's believe the company that has paid over 4 billion dollars in various legal and product violations.  I'm sure they have your best interests at heart...Pfizer, we're here for your health...we swear it.

We are fucked...in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Your point makes a lot of sense, until I remember the virus has a 99.7% survivability amongst old people.
99.99% among younger/healthy people...

View Quote

The case fatality rate for people over 80 is 15% in my county.  My mom is 86.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a sneaking suspicion that relatively few received the actual vaccine, there were issues early on, and now they're shooting people up with placebo.  Would anyone notice the difference?  From what I've heard about the vaccine, probably not.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I’m currently sick as fuck. Every time I take a deep breath I cough, been running a fever of 102+ since Tuesday. Body aches, headache, dizzy, nausea ect.

Tested negative for flu A+B, waiting on the Shanghai shivers test to come back. If it’s negative I have no fucking idea what I have but it is fucking me up

I have probably managed 500 calories in three days. I have no desire to eat and have to force myself to drink water.
View Quote

If it comes back negative, there's a high probability one of the three was a false negative.  

I got the flu for the first time last year.  They told me "we can give you the test, but I wouldn't bother with it because it's about a 50/50 failure rate.  I have enough to diagnose you with the symptoms" (this was before chinaflu).  I took their advice, got tamiflu and pedialyte , and felt better the next day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Granted, I haven’t seen evidence that they died from the vaccine and not something else, but the government and media have lied so much in the last few years (or maybe now it’s just in your face) that I don’t believe them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not news.

99.99% means 1,000 people out of 10,000,000.

Not that I agree with your numbers in the first place, particularly for old people, but just for the sake of understanding how much more than 55 out of 10,000,00 that the number you are quoting is.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bullshit.  Our bodies clear the virus successfully 99.8% of the time.  The vaxscheme is only 95% effective.  You have no fucking clue what risk the vaxscheme presents.  Despite what you've been told, the trials are from ending.  

But go ahead, tell us how you have all the answers for the data that cannot be fucking accessed.

Oh wait a second!  You know what?  Let's believe the company that has paid over 4 billion dollars in various legal and product violations.  I'm sure they have your best interests at heart...Pfizer, we're here for your health...we swear it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and I'd be sad if my parents were one of the 393,000 COVID deaths in the past 12 months too.

Risk analysis isn't about emotion.  It's about breaking things down by the numbers and making an informed decision.

COVID risk is low, Vaccine risk appears to be even lower.  Choose whichever risk suits you most.  The only zero risk option is hiding in your basement and having Grubhub drop off food for the rest of your life.

The fact that you are comparing the 99.8% survival rate to the 95% vaccine effectiveness rate like those two numbers are describing similar things pretty much torpedoes any anything else you have to say about it.

You are right that we only have about 12 months of data from the vaccines.  

You know what else we only have about 12 months of data on?  Wait for it...COVID ITSELF.

If you are concerned about the long term effects of the vaccine that may not have shown up in the last year of clinical trials then you should be equally concerned about the long term effects of COVID because we don't know jack shit about that either.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have a sneaking suspicion that relatively few received the actual vaccine, there were issues early on, and now they're shooting people up with placebo.  Would anyone notice the difference?  From what I've heard about the vaccine, probably not.
View Quote

Tell us your theories about 9/11 and the moon landings next.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Posts like this are dumb. The same can be said about the virus.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Epoch times you say?
View Quote

Completely trustworthy source.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yes, some frail people may die after being vaccinated.  And some will die before being vaccinated.  

View Quote

All will be ruled covid deaths.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This is not news.
View Quote

Reporting deaths that resulted from the vaccine is voluntary.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The case fatality rate for people over 80 is 15% in my county.  My mom is 86.
View Quote

As you have stated, numerous times, we will all die.

And the cause will always be covid...

86 years is a good run. My dad got 56 years before cancer got him.

Fear of death is for athiests.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
In Texas, the priority is medical, nursing home, long term care, over 65, and people over 16 (phished) or 18 )moderna) with health conditions that make them vulnerable. All of these people are getting vaccinated now as vaccine is available. Texas was the first state to administer 1 million doses and has delivered 60% of received doses.
I
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that was intended to be humorous.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top