Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2022 2:26:07 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

I am finishing up my 2nd gen 4x4 Dodge Ram turbo diesel build and wanted to slap a 8FT flat bed camper on it.

My budget is around 40k for one.

I need it to be easily removable since I will be towing with this rig as well or slapping different Gooseneck trailers onto it.

Pop up would be preferred, but not totally against a fixed design.

Here are some that I am looking at:

Hawk GrandBy Flat Bed Camper

Are there any other reputable companies that I should look into?

Are there websites that people sell used ones?

Any words of wisdom or suggestions will be appreciated.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Expeditionportal.com and Wanderingthewest.com would be two places to keep an eye out for a used camper. Current lead times on a FWC Granby is roughly 70 weeks if ordered today, so used is definitely the best option. They hold their value extremely well though, so don’t expect to save much money.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally I’d order a Granby shell slide in camper, and have a custom bed made to use the space above the wheel wells as extra storage. You could save quite a bit of coin going with the Granby shell over flatbed model, and use that extra money to build out the Granby to your own uses and needs. Having a higher quality build for the same or less money, but a bit of effort. The extra storage from the side boxes would be extremely welcome as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It really seems like a good solution to me. Have a nice usable truck when you aren't using the camper. I was actually looking for info on them a while back but I was looking for something rigid.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#4]
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/2021-fwc-grandby-for-sale.234390/#post-3044545

Pretty nice Granby even though it’s not a flatbed model. Offer him $35-36K, and get a flatbed with top side boxes that give you above the top side storage instead of just below bed boxes somewhat like below.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top