Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2020 2:19:45 PM EDT

Sneak Peek- The 3DPrintMill, Infinite-Z, Belt 3D Printer- Now on Kickstarter!
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Belt printers are the work of the devil! XYZ don't know where it's going!

Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.

My son uses his printer for school and prints multi-part things, I wonder if you can load multiple items and have them print in order? Like a head, arms, torso, legs for a figure rather than loading a new file and just printing multiples of one.

I wonder how long it would take to print an AR lower? And how many a day?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn't watch the whole video.  I did skip around and watch it printing.
First thing I notice is this is no longer printing layers perpendicular to the bottom of the model.  This has some implications for existing models that have already been designed.  And you would need support for this style of printing in your slicing software.
Also, no enclosure or heated build platform.  You're limited on what materials you can print in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
GD level comment removed since this is a tech forum. -Rat_Patrol

Now that I got that out of my system, I thought this was a dumb idea until I watched the video OP posted. That print orientation looks really interesting for structural stuff, beats the normal horizontal layer lines. I don't think this would ever replace my normal vertical printing machine but I definitely want this as a second printer now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems like a printer of very limited utility, although I suppose if you need what it offers there is no alternative.

Even on a reliable printer, running a print that was long enough to need that much length would spook me. I guess infinite parts printing is nice too but people have been using starting gcode to have a printhead "sweep" a conventional bed for sequential printing for ages.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top