Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2020 6:09:42 PM EDT
Help me figure out what 2A merchandise would sell.

I'm considering giving up my day job.  It pays well but I have to deal with idiots on so many levels that I have about had enough of the frustration.  My wife is a professional photographer and very good graphic artist.  Unfortunately, she has had health issues and day to day life can be very challenging for us.  During this whole COVID deal we have been thinking about what we're passionate about and she wants to work again.  Together we are very passionate about the Second Amendment - she had a chilling encounter when she was a teenager that could have turned deadly.  Fortunately there was a firearm in the house that day for protection.  It didn't come to that because the situation was de-escalated by a relative, but one pane of glass separated her from a knife wielding attacker.  

I love shooting sports and she has been very supportive of my hobby.  As many of you are, I'm concerned about the future of this great nation.  We want to create merchandise that shows the Left that there are a whole lot more 2A supporters than they ever realized -- Hopefully my wife and I can make a business out of it.  We have a few T-shirts designed and have done some the leg work to find suppliers and printers.  We also have the ability to do woodworking and laser engraving.  She has made some very nice personalized signs and gifts for friends and family but nothing 2A related yet.

So, do you like this shirt?  Is it worth buying?

What do you think the 2A community needs?  

Mods, we will be looking into what it costs to advertise here on ARFcom.  We are also looking for other areas to advertise, open to advice and other ideas!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm....it wasn't displaying for me....but now it is.  Shirt looks fine....maybe move this post to GD to get more traffic.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the design.
I do like black just in the cooler months. Hopefully you will have other color options
Also not just cotton but a performance blend that wicks sweat?
what is your website?
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The design is "ok".

Honestly, it's very similar to a lot of other designs.  Just some of my suggestions...which may be worth what you paid for them...

1.  A couple of the former military outfits use a US flag upper arm print or some other patriotic thing on the sleeve.  It provides a bit of branding. (others already do this but they are doing quite well)  Grunt style and nine line are the ones I'm thinking of.  I can can tell when I see another of their shirts.  It's like being a "jeep guy" or some other kind of "in the know" thing.

2.  Put the large print on the back of some of your shirts with a small print on the center or top left chest.  I prefer it that way and I know a few others that do as well.  Oftentimes when I see shirts like this I'll buy them over better/more creative designs on just the front of the shirt.

3.  Update or retro the design on the shirt you posted.  The AR pictured is a little out of date.  Either make it look like the latest fad of gucci gun or backdate it to an A1 or XM177.

4.  Get creative!  The shirt you showed is fine...but fine shouldn't be the goal.  Sure, have a few standby designs like that but take a look at the companies that have risen in popularity quickly and successfully.  

5.  USA manufacturing (or at least printing) will cost a little more but probably not as much as you think.  It's something that many of us look for that'll put a sale over the top.

6.  If you want to specialize in 2A, then dig deep and find some important 2A moments in history.  2A supporters will know what they mean.  For instance, "The Battle of Athens" or some of the incredibly stupid things the ATF has done like constructive possession of a shoe string or rubber band equals making a machine gun...
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Where's your link at?
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where's your link at?
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top