Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2022 5:14:36 PM EDT
In the past 3 years, I've gained an interest in cooking more. Being just the wife and I, it seemed easier to find things that would be eaten with little left over. Being a cheap arse and walking distance from a local thrift store, I've scored some nice All-Clad pans for cheap along with some gate marked cast iron and just last week, a brand new 12" DeBuyer Mineral B pan for 7 bucks.

So moving on.......

The company had a catalog of things to choose from and didn't have a lot of things that interested me. Surprisingly, lots of stuff that had average retail between 300 to 350.

But then I looked in the "kitchen ware" section.

These finally showed up today.

VERY excited to use them.

https://www.zwilling.com/us/zwilling-pro-9-pc-knife-block-set-38430-000/38430-001-0.html

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I own a similar set of Zwilling knives and they are great.
Nice choice!
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own a similar set of Zwilling knives and they are great.
Nice choice!
View Quote

I'm glad they had them otherwise I don't think I would have spent more than a 100 on a set if I had to.

What do you use for sharpening/honing?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What a coincidence, I am coming up on 10 years and this is one of my choices I was looking at this morning

http://www.zwilling.com/us/zwilling-four-star-7-pc-knife-block-set-35297-000/35297-000-0.html?cgid=our-brands_zwilling_cutlery_four-star#start=1

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a coincidence, I am coming up on 10 years and this is one of my choices I was looking at this morning

http://www.zwilling.com/us/zwilling-four-star-7-pc-knife-block-set-35297-000/35297-000-0.html?cgid=our-brands_zwilling_cutlery_four-star#start=1

View Quote

I think that was one of the options available, but wanted as much as I could get....LOL
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Use the steel that came with them to touch them up. If not the bottom of a ceramic coffee cup works just as well. The bread knife is the best of the bunch.

BTW: to help keep them sharp, do not put them in the dishwasher.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice set, glad you got them free. Not worth what they are asking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top