Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2021 1:58:03 PM EDT
Source

"Twenty-three people died in Norway within days of receiving their first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, with 13 of those deaths — all nursing home patients — apparently related to the side effects of the shots, health officials said.

Common reactions to the vaccine, including fever and nausea, “may have contributed to a fatal outcome in some frail patients,” Sigurd Hortemo, chief physician at the Norwegian Medicines Agency, said in a Friday statement.

All 13 were nursing home patients and at least 80 years old. While officials aren’t expressing serious concern, they are adjusting their guidance on who should receive the vaccine.

The news comes just over a week after officials reported the deaths of just two nursing home residents after they received the Pfizer jab.

More than 30,000 people in Norway have received the first shot of the Pfizer or Moderna coronavirus vaccine in the Scandinavian country since late last month, according to official figures.

“We are not alarmed by this,” Steinar Madsen, medical director with the agency, told Norwegian broadcaster NRK. “It is quite clear that these vaccines have very little risk, with a small exception for the frailest patients.”

“Doctors must now carefully consider who should be vaccinated,” he added. “Those who are very frail and at the very end of life can be vaccinated after an individual assessment.”"

Health officials noted that around 400 people die each week in the nursing home population.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
So for old people the cure is worse than the disease.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just coming to post this.

Being a beta tester can be serious...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds pretty normal to me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#5]
That’s like 1/10 of a percent, vs what percentage if they are old and get Covid?  It’s not for everyone,  but they rolled the dice and as a group likely came out ahead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#6]
This is why they wanted it to go to healthy front line people first.

They knew it was deadly from the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]
And I'm still OK with Hollywired elites, our political leeduhship, the MSM and those wonderful stars of the Nasty Felon League or Nasty Bowel Assn get the shots first.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Every single person who gets the Pfizer shots will die after receiving the Pfizer shots.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
So we all have to lock down because old people are dying in nursing homes, but dont worry about old people dying after the shot because they die all the time for like no reason.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#10]
So, when old people were dying of "covid" in nursing homes it was a "pandemic", but when they throw 7's after toe vaccine they're just old people dying in nursing homes

LOL, people are so fucking gullible. I never understood battered wife syndrome until I witnessed the coronahokum syndrome.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every single person who gets the Pfizer shots will die after receiving the Pfizer shots.
View Quote
I don't know about that but I don't want my mother taking the pfizer vaccine.  Nor did I before.  Pfizer sucks at vaccines.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#12]
People: "Covid only kills the old and the medically frail. For healthy people it's no big deal 99.7% of the time. Focusing on the rare cases with bad outcomes is dishonest and only serves to make you afraid. They're over hyping the numbers. If you're worried about the virus you're a sheep."

[Vaccine introduced that has rare negative side effects, almost exclusively with the old and medically frail]

Same people: "OMG! The vaccine isn't safe! My neighbor's bosse's college girlfriend got palsy from it, but they're claiming it "can't officially be linked to the vaccine!" Don't take it or you'll die! .03% of healthy people will suffer a bad side effect for a day or two! Doom! DOOOOM!"

I don't care which side of the covid fence you're on - but I wish people would just pick a logical thought process and stick with it.

I was a skeptical guy before all this. Now I believe nothing. There can be no honest debate about this anymore because more and more people on both sides are latching onto their opinions and then fanatically defending them, with arguments so tragically flawed and contradictory that they completely discredit their entire platform - even if their original idea was correct.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know about that but I don't want my mother taking the pfizer vaccine.  Nor did I before.  Pfizer sucks at vaccines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mother wants it.  I respect her wishes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Died with the vaccine not from the vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Source
"Twenty-three people died in Norway within days of receiving their first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, with 13 of those deaths — all nursing home patients — apparently related to the side effects of the shots, health officials said.
(snip)
Health officials noted that around 400 people die each week in the nursing home population.
View Quote

That last quote is extremely important to give context to the numbers.

Correlation doesn't equal causation -- unless you have an agenda.  Then any flimsy rationale will do.

Also:  "apparently related to the side effects of the shots".   Really.   400 a week die on a regular basis, and so how do you logically assume those *13* are "apparently" from the vaccine, unless you have an agenda.

Fake news to push more lockdowns.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not good.
But then again as of November covid had killed over 900 people in norway that were 80 yo or older.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1103986/number-of-coronavirus-covid-19-cases-in-norway-by-age-groups/
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So, when old people were dying of "covid" in nursing homes it was a "pandemic", but when they throw 7's after toe vaccine they're just old people dying in nursing homes

LOL, people are so fucking gullible. I never understood battered wife syndrome until I witnessed the coronahokum syndrome.
View Quote

Yup. We have a bunch dumb fuckers on this sight, in this VERY THREAD that are fucking too stupid or in so much denial that you can't pull their heads out of their asses because it's super-glued in. Fucking IDIOTS!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#19]
According to official statistics, 511 people have died of Covid in the last 10 months in Norway.  If they have 400 people dying every week in nursing homes, both numbers are insignificant.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#20]
99 yo mom in hospice......The facility was asking me for permission to jab.  I said she can make that decision herself.  She was on the fence earlier.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I rest my case.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Old people die more easily.

Who knew.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

We will once again see the awesome complexity of correlation != causation at work.   If you are old as fuck stuck in a nursing home the vaccine is a pretty easy call.  College freshman member of the track team not so much.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Old people die more easily.
Who knew.
View Quote

"Apparently" not the Vaxxi-Doomers.  They also "apparently" do not know the difference between "correlation" and "causation".
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

So will the ones that don't.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Plus, the shot 100% protected those who died from getting COVID.  Take that, Moderna!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
People: "Covid only kills the old and the medically frail. For healthy people it's no big deal 99.7% of the time. Focusing on the rare cases with bad outcomes is dishonest and only serves to make you afraid. They're over hyping the numbers. If you're worried about the virus you're a sheep."

[Vaccine introduced that has rare negative side effects, almost exclusively with the old and medically frail]

Same people: "OMG! The vaccine isn't safe! My neighbor's bosse's college girlfriend got palsy from it, but they're claiming it "can't officially be linked to the vaccine!" Don't take it or you'll die! .03% of healthy people will suffer a bad side effect for a day or two! Doom! DOOOOM!"

I don't care which side of the covid fence you're on - but I wish people would just pick a logical thought process and stick with it.

I was a skeptical guy before all this. Now I believe nothing. There can be no honest debate about this anymore because more and more people on both sides are latching onto their opinions and then fanatically defending them, with arguments so tragically flawed and contradictory that they completely discredit their entire platform - even if their original idea was correct.

View Quote

Understanding all of this requires basic understanding of math, which automatically makes it a futile effort for most of the populace.

This past year, I've learned that projecting a disease might kill from 500k to 1.5 million people over the course of its outbreak means there will be bodies on the streets within a month. It also means that a later published estimate of .3% of a population of over 330 million people potentially dying is somehow proof those earlier estimates were way off, and definitely less sensational or worrisome than talk of a million dying.

Estimates of as low as 200k dead from last March were the work of "doomers," but now that we're at twice that, reality proves those "doomers" were wrong. I foolishly estimated we would hold at under 100k dead and was called a doomer for it.

And there is no point trying to get into the details of how statistics are compiled, and why you don't have real time numbers for non COVID deaths, and why even our COVID daily death count will be continuously revised over time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's true, every single person that gets the shot will die, and I'll bet you every cent I have.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glad someone got it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s trying to be funny? I dunno.  He posts this in a lot of vaccine threads.  Based off some lame boomer meme along the lines of: Everyone that has taken the 1st _____vaccine died.  Because they would be 200 years old if still alive

Edited words
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the ones who live....

Vampires?

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Estimates of as low as 200k dead from last March were the work of "doomers," but now that we're at twice that, reality proves those "doomers" were wrong. I foolishly estimated we would hold at under 100k dead and was called a doomer for it.

And there is no point trying to get into the details of how statistics are compiled, and why you don't have real time numbers for non COVID deaths, and why even our COVID daily death count will be continuously revised over time.
View Quote

We are all using flawed numbers.   Of the over 300,000 supposed Wuhan flu deaths, how many were because asswipes like Cuomo sent infected people back into nursing homes?

How many thousands or tens of thousands were people who died of other reasons but possibly had the virus...thus the virus killed them?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#33]
In an average January, about 8,500 U.S. residents die per day, total.

Keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Not sure why this is news...old frail people get sick and die
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We are all using flawed numbers.   Of the over 300,000 supposed Wuhan flu deaths, how many were because asswipes like Cuomo sent infected people back into nursing homes?

How many thousands or tens of thousands were people who died of other reasons but possibly had the virus...thus the virus killed them?
View Quote

Wait, so you're suggesting covid kills a lot of people only because of negligence due to cuomo.

Also you're suggesting covid doesn't kill people, and it is all fake or inflated.

Which is it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you ever do story problems in math and have a sneaky teacher give you a problem that couldn't be answered from the information given?

The linked story is just such a story problem.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Did you ever do story problems in math and have a sneaky teacher give you a problem that couldn't be answered from the information given?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Or the denominator is intentionally not given, as the intent was to provoke precisely the response we just saw in what you quoted quote.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is why they wanted it to go to healthy front line people first.

They knew it was deadly from the beginning.
View Quote

Good point
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fucking plus 1
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

But did they die with the pfizer shot OR from the pfizer shot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top