Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As of this morning I'm 224.5.  I'm down 5.5 lbs since I started just after Christmas.

Pyramix today, run and gun on Saturday and a weighted ruck on Sunday.  Then back to the pyramix on Monday.

EAT - I'm going to keep posting my results here.  I'm pretty determined right now, want to keep that motivation fresh.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
230 lbs checking in.  I want to see what 210 looks like on me to start but may want to get to 200 even.

Diet - I'm reducing alcohol, limiting carbs and doing 16/8 intermittent (which is how I typically eat anyway).  also doing a 24 hour fast, once per week.

Exercise - simple pyramix exercises with dumbbells every other day.  Cardio on the non-pyramix days (ETA elliptical mostly for cardio, has been easy on my knees).

As of this morning I'm 224.5.  I'm down 5.5 lbs since I started just after Christmas.

Pyramix today, run and gun on Saturday and a weighted ruck on Sunday.  Then back to the pyramix on Monday.

EAT - I'm going to keep posting my results here.  I'm pretty determined right now, want to keep that motivation fresh.

222.5 a/o this morning.  I'm determined to get to 220 quickly, that's my current short-term motivation.  

I was a little fatigued this week after the Sunday ruck, more than I thought I'd be.  I also haven't slept well (personal and work things going on) but still made progress.  Alternate 20-30 hard minutes of elliptical and 45 minutes of pyramix.

I'm still doing 24 hr fast on Mondays.  Diet has been mostly low carb still, some days are keto level almost no carbs.  The bulk of carbs are from veggies - salads, mashed cauliflower, spinach, asparagus, broccoli.  Proteins are steak, fish, eggs, pork loin or chop, canned tuna, ham/cheese rollups.  Snacks are hard boiled eggs, cheese, pickles, pickled okra, sugar free jello.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I guess it's my turn.

2018 was spent losing 60 pounds between diet and exercise.

2019 was spent getting kind of cut and testing for LEO jobs. 50/50 lifting and cardio. Probably was in the best shape of my life.

2020 my world changed along with everyone elses. I have stopped chasing LEO jobs but changed careers. The shutdown hit my gym for 3 months. I did bodyweight exercises at home but it's not the same. I also quit doing most cardio. After the gyms re-opened, I hit the weights really hard and started to put on some mass.

2021 has been a bit of a challenge for my fitness. I'm not yet part of the home gym master race but I will be. My new work schedule is basically 7pm to 8 or 9am, 5 nights a week. I am able to sneak in about 30 minutes at the gym on my way home but that's it until the weekend when I get 2 full workouts in. Push/pull/leg split 6 days a week with 1 rest day have been my program for years and I'll probably stay with it for the time being.

So what do I want to accomplish this year? Hard to say. I'm at a weird point. I don't have any desire to get super strong but I'm going to really start going heavier on my lifts. My focus has always been staying lean with a eye towards endurance. I'm enjoying the mass I'm putting on so I think I'd like to add some more without putting on much fat. I know that's the hard way, but a clean bulk is more my speed. Also, I need to get my cardio back up to where it was.  

View Quote

We welcome anyone trying to improve.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty stoked this morning. Hopped on the scale and I’m at 202.5, then pulled the tape and my measurement at the navel is 41.75”. I had started on 12-03-20 at 208.5 and 44”. I’ll be happy to continue on this trend!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag. I’m 72”, 260#. I carry it fairly well but damn, I need to be 60-70lbs lighter.i stopped drinking soda last week.  Now on to sweets.
I was way off on my initial weight. I was 267. This morning I was 256.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pretty stoked this morning. Hopped on the scale and I’m at 202.5, then pulled the tape and my measurement at the navel is 41.75”. I had started on 12-03-20 at 208.5 and 44”. I’ll be happy to continue on this trend!
View Quote

Quoted:
Tag. I’m 72”, 260#. I carry it fairly well but damn, I need to be 60-70lbs lighter.i stopped drinking soda last week.  Now on to sweets.
View Quote

Welcome!

@Inquisitive_Spaniard

Don't be afraid to substitute sugar free sodas. It's a lot harder to go from soda to water than soda to diet soda.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Welcome!

@Inquisitive_Spaniard

Don't be afraid to substitute sugar free sodas. It's a lot harder to go from soda to water than soda to diet soda.
View Quote

I do pretty well with fresca and soda water. From time to time I'll have a 0% monster if I want something with zip.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I do pretty well with fresca and soda water. From time to time I'll have a 0% monster if I want something with zip.
View Quote

Tea is what helped me. Went from a Dr Pepper every day to sweet tea, then just plain black tea on shift/during class. Plenty of water in between to help balance oral pH.

A visit to my mom(60) 2 years ago and seeing her pull her dentures out slapped some sense into me.
I'll live whatever lifestyle it takes to walk on my own legs and eat with my own teeth at that age.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm down 10.6 pounds since 12/27. Eating strictly Keto friendly foods and walking 4 miles every day. I have another 50 left to lose. I can get there by June if I stay on track.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm down 10.6 pounds since 12/27. Eating strictly Keto friendly foods and walking 4 miles every day. I have another 50 left to lose. I can get there by June if I stay on track.
View Quote

It's recommended to lose a max of 1% per week for at most 3 months. Then maintain that weight for 2/3 to as much time as you lost weight. This doesn't mean stop exercising or eat crap. Eat a healthy balanced diet but your goal is to neither gain or lose.

I know this sounds like it will take forever to reach your goal but most people who lose a lot of weight at once gain most, all, or even more back. There's even some people in this thread that have done this.

This will teach you how to stay at a weight and will give your body time to recover from the calorie deficit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Tea is what helped me. Went from a Dr Pepper every day to sweet tea, then just plain black tea on shift/during class. Plenty of water in between to help balance oral pH.

A visit to my mom(60) 2 years ago and seeing her pull her dentures out slapped some sense into me.
I'll live whatever lifestyle it takes to walk on my own legs and eat with my own teeth at that age.
View Quote

i'm borderline diabetic. Some days, my spit is sweet and I start to worry. I love black tea. I sat down one day when I was 21 and had sweet tea, spit it out. I've drank black tea straight for almost 20 years now. I just don't like sweet tea anymore. My wife thinks i'm communist.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll join since I've set some goals I want to hit this year.

Start weight (1/1/21): 252.2lbs  
Start lifting total: 1010lbs

Attachment Attached File

Goal weight: 215lbs.  TBD, I should be heavier when I lean out than I was the last time my body fat was on the low end.  Will adjust accordingly because the real goal is lower body fat.
Lifting goal: 1200lbs.  By itself I think I could easily reasonably hit that in a year, but this is my first attempt at cutting weight while maintaining strength.  

Current weight (1/19): 241.  A chunk of that was probably water coming off when I stopped creatine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187062/20210119_120537_jpg-1786805.JPG

Goal weight: 215lbs.  TBD, I should be heavier when I lean out than I was the last time my body fat was on the low end.  Will adjust accordingly because the real goal is lower body fat.
Lifting goal: 1200lbs.  By itself I think I could easily hit that in a year, but this is my first attempt at cutting weight while maintaining strength.  

Current weight (1/19): 241.  A chunk of that was probably water coming off when I stopped creatine.
View Quote

Hey!

First week or so doesn't tell you much. Some people lose a ton due to going low carb, sodium, or both and some don't lose much. It's week 2+ that shows you how you are doing.

I don't like setting an end goal if that makes sense. It's much better to set a goal like 25 pounds in X time and then reassess after you get there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

01/04 - weigh in at 240.8
01/11 - weigh in at 235.5 (5.3 lb net loss)

01/18 - weigh in at 232.8 (8.0 lb net loss)
View Quote

Doing well!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#15]
6’4” 320 lbs.  hope / plan to be 260 by end of summer.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#16]
In.

Just started a log thread so I won't be cluttering this one up.

Last 32 weeks have been focused on strength. Diet has been a straight up dirty bulk. It worked

Currently 34, 5'11", 238.6lbs, 28.5% bodyfat (based on a dexa scan from a while ago at about 230lbs but not nearly as strong).

Goal: 10% bodyfat, which should be at about 185lbs, then get back on the gain train, not to exceed 15% bodyfat. So, ~55lbs to lose.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In.

Last 32 weeks have been focused on strength. Diet has been a straight up dirty bulk. It worked

Currently 34, 5'11", 238.6lbs, 28.5% bodyfat (based on a dexa scan from a while ago at about 230lbs but not nearly as strong).

Goal: 10% bodyfat, which should be at about 185lbs, then get back on the gain train, not to exceed 15% bodyfat. So, ~55lbs to lose.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161410/chart_png-1790242.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161410/arf_06_Legs_jpg-1790243.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161410/arf_04_Back_Flexed_jpg-1790244.JPG
View Quote

Friends don't let friends dirty bulk.

55 lb is a lot to lose in one shot for someone your size. Consider going down 30 and then 25 after a diet break. I know you don't care about rebound exactly since you will be "bulking" but you don't want to shoot back up too quickly either.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

220 even a/o this morning.  feeling good and the 10 lbs lost (since the fay after Christmas) is enough to see some difference in the mirror. The workouts are helping my knees, they're always the first thing to get burnt out during long hikes, day or r&G, etc..

222.5 a/o this morning.  I'm determined to get to 220 quickly, that's my current short-term motivation.  

I was a little fatigued this week after the Sunday ruck, more than I thought I'd be.  I also haven't slept well (personal and work things going on) but still made progress.  Alternate 20-30 hard minutes of elliptical and 45 minutes of pyramix.

I'm still doing 24 hr fast on Mondays.  Diet has been mostly low carb still, some days are keto level almost no carbs.  The bulk of carbs are from veggies - salads, mashed cauliflower, spinach, asparagus, broccoli.  Proteins are steak, fish, eggs, pork loin or chop, canned tuna, ham/cheese rollups.  Snacks are hard boiled eggs, cheese, pickles, pickled okra, sugar free jello.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
230 lbs checking in.  I want to see what 210 looks like on me to start but may want to get to 200 even.

Diet - I'm reducing alcohol, limiting carbs and doing 16/8 intermittent (which is how I typically eat anyway).  also doing a 24 hour fast, once per week.

Exercise - simple pyramix exercises with dumbbells every other day.  Cardio on the non-pyramix days (ETA elliptical mostly for cardio, has been easy on my knees).

220 even a/o this morning.  feeling good and the 10 lbs lost (since the fay after Christmas) is enough to see some difference in the mirror. The workouts are helping my knees, they're always the first thing to get burnt out during long hikes, day or r&G, etc..

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187062/20210119_120537_jpg-1786805.JPG

Lifting goal: 1200lbs.  By itself I think I could easily reasonably hit that in a year, but this is my first attempt at cutting weight while maintaining strength.  

View Quote

shadow looks like a WWE wrestler, like Bone Saw McGraw from Spiderman!

Keep at it man, it's why were all here talking.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

55 lb is a lot to lose in one shot for someone your size. Consider going down 30 and then 25 after a diet break. I know you don't care about rebound exactly since you will be "bulking" but you don't want to shoot back up too quickly either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161410/chart_png-1790242.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161410/arf_06_Legs_jpg-1790243.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161410/arf_04_Back_Flexed_jpg-1790244.JPG

I am going to see how I feel as I go, and how my lift performance does. I very well may reverse diet back to a slight surplus at some point to regain some strength if it dips too much.

In either case I will "reverse diet" out of the deficit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#21]
No soda for a week. Down 7lbs already.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I’ve got some career aspirations that require a little “Body Transformation “.

Currently:
Weight of 205 lbs.
Pull-up Max of 15
Crunches max of 75
3 mile run of 22:00

Goal:
Max weight of 191 lbs.
Minimum pullups 23
Minimum crunches 110
3 miles in 19:59 or faster

Just dropping dessert and stuff like muffins for breakfast  has made a difference in the past couple weeks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I’ll play...

5’6” 205 currently my diet is trash and I drink too much but I cycle about 50-100 miles a week and lift 3 days a week I can put up 225 for 5 and dead lift 315 for 5 usually I do 10x10135 because I have lower back issues. I’m healthy and strong just look like shit naked. I’d like to get back down to 170 and 12-15% if you guys here are looking for accountability and or motivation I am too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Currently:
Weight of 205 lbs.
Pull-up Max of 15
Crunches max of 75

Goal:
Max weight of 191 lbs.
Minimum pullups 23
Minimum crunches 110

Just dropping dessert and stuff like muffins for breakfast  has made a difference in the past couple weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Currently:
Weight of 205 lbs.
Pull-up Max of 15
Crunches max of 75

Goal:
Max weight of 191 lbs.
Minimum pullups 23
Minimum crunches 110

Quoted:
I’ll play...

5’6” 205 currently my diet is trash and I drink too much but I cycle about 50-100 miles a week and lift 3 days a week I can put up 225 for 5 and dead lift 315 for 5 usually I do 10x10135 because I have lower back issues. I’m healthy and strong just look like shit naked. I’d like to get back down to 170 and 12-15% if you guys here are looking for accountability and or motivation I am too.

Let's do this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#26]
A little late to the party but here's where I'm at:

I'm 24, 5'8" and 160lbs... Main goal is to build muscle and cut down body fat, was doing body weight exercises pretty regularly last year and felt great but haven't gotten back into it.

Also want to cut out the coffee and sugar intake.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

01/04 - weigh in at 240.8
01/11 - weigh in at 235.5 (5.3 lb net loss)
01/18 - weigh in at 232.8 (8.0 lb net loss)

01/25 - weigh in at 230.7 (10.1 lb net loss)
View Quote

Good progress!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A little late to the party but here's where I'm at:

I'm 24, 5'8" and 160lbs... Main goal is to build muscle and cut down body fat, was doing body weight exercises pretty regularly last year and felt great but haven't gotten back into it.

Also want to cut out the coffee and sugar intake.
View Quote

Never too late.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:06:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

shadow looks like a WWE wrestler, like Bone Saw McGraw from Spiderman!

Keep at it man, it's why were all here talking.  
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400_GIF-121.gif
View Quote

I should amend my 2021 goal to "look like my shadow"

I'm still a chubby novice lifter, but...

Attachment Attached File

ETA: To keep this thread on track, 239 this morning.  Lifting fasted sucks, but the spice must flow
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#30]
First time here, would like to join in.  
Currently 65yrs old/ 225lb/ 6"  Diet is crap and only exercise is
walking about 4 miles per day at work.  
Have a home gym , goal is to begin Starting Strength program and cardiac on old Nordic Track
Old school but it works when I do.  
Thanks for starting the thread.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
First time here, would like to join in.  
Currently 65yrs old/ 225lb/ 6"  Diet is crap and only exercise is
walking about 4 miles per day at work.  
Have a home gym , goal is to begin Starting Strength program and cardiac on old Nordic Track
Old school but it works when I do.  
Thanks for starting the thread.
View Quote

Welcome!

You're definitely not inactive if you are walking 4 miles a day.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

back up a little, 221.5.  still been following the same routine for the most part, seem be plateauing.  lat time I was loosing some weight the same thing happened at 220.

I'e been doing some weights so maybe I'm gaining some muscle at the same time?  either way the clothes are feeling a little looser for sure, sticking with it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

back up a little, 221.5.  still been following the same routine for the most part, seem be plateauing.  lat time I was loosing some weight the same thing happened at 220.

I'e been doing some weights so maybe I'm gaining some muscle at the same time?  either way the clothes are feeling a little looser for sure, sticking with it.
View Quote

Up 1.5 lbs after a week? Carbs, water, and salt can change your weight but it's most likely too many calories. I would reduce intake and reassess after a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Weigh-ins this week:

1/21/2021 - 238.6
1/22/2021 - 238.2
1/23/2021 - 236.6
1/24/2021 - 235.8
1/25/2021 - 235.0
1/26/2021 - 233.6
1/27/2021 - 232.8
1/28/2021 - 232.6
1/29/2021 - 232.6
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#35]
What is YOUR bodyfat percentage? Assessing Your AMAZING Bodyfat Transformations!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Late to the thread but already got started on making changes this year.
I am 5'10" and as of monday this week I was at 188.9 lbs.  Time to start lifting again and get the body weight up.  I want to get to 210, but mostly I just want to be strong.

Here is the extent of my exercise currently.  But this week I am starting again with 5x5 lifting.

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Late to the thread but already got started on making changes this year.
I am 5'10" and as of monday this week I was at 188.9 lbs.  Time to start lifting again and get the body weight up.  I want to get to 210, but mostly I just want to be strong.
https://i.imgur.com/udU52s7.png

Here is the extent of my exercise currently.  But this week I am starting again with 5x5 lifting.
https://i.imgur.com/ycz3JH7.png

View Quote

Welcome
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:16:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Finished January at 237.4 (-14.8).  

So the easy weight is off and the work downwards begins

Squat/Bench/OHP were on target.  Deadlift not so much.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Best Bodybuilding Split For Growing Muscle
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I’m in!

Been working on seriously trying to be lean now for about 6 months or so.  I started around 225-230 depending on the day.  In the beginning I mainly worked on eating healthier and cutting portions.  For the past few months I’ve been tracking my calories using MyFitnessPal with a goal of 1600-1800.  Had a Dexa scan done and as of right now I’m 6’ tall 188 pounds and 15.5 % body fat.  Really want to see 12 % or less for the summer.  Been a few halfass attempts to be lean but this time I’m sticking to it.  

Strength is down but I guess that’s to be expected.  Before my best bench press was 315 for 8 and right now 2 reps is balls to the wall max.  

I can actually wear 30 waist Levi’s for the first time since high school.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I’m in!

Been working on seriously trying to be lean now for about 6 months or so.  I started around 225-230 depending on the day.  In the beginning I mainly worked on eating healthier and cutting portions.  For the past few months I’ve been tracking my calories using MyFitnessPal with a goal of 1600-1800.  Had a Dexa scan done and as of right now I’m 6’ tall 188 pounds and 15.5 % body fat.  Really want to see 12 % or less for the summer.  Been a few halfass attempts to be lean but this time I’m sticking to it.  

Strength is down but I guess that’s to be expected.  Before my best bench press was 315 for 8 and right now 2 reps is balls to the wall max.  

I can actually wear 30 waist Levi’s for the first time since high school.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/135920/AF1E321A-6A6E-4410-BAAD-ADEF5AD40741_jpe-1809663.JPG
View Quote

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#42]

The struggle is real, but heading in the right direction in time for summer. The graph starts in 2012.
Currently 6' @ 190. 180 seems to be the sweet spot because that's what I weighed coming out a boot camp 25 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/ET9Hl1B.png

The struggle is real, but heading in the right direction in time for summer. The graph starts in 2012.
Currently 6' @ 190. 180 seems to be the sweet spot because that's what I weighed coming out a boot camp 25 years ago.
View Quote
I was 165 coming out of boot.  It was painfully skinny.  I dropped from 195 down to that during boot camp.  And I was in damn good shape when I went.  Lost pull ups and sit-ups for my pft all the way through.  Might not be the best judge of what weight you should shoot for unless you felt good at it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll put a place holder in.

Snapped front and back pictures last week at 170 lbs.

Doing super squats for the next 6 weeks. Squats, pullups, OHP every other day, shooting for a 20 rep set with my current 5rm by the end.

We'll see how it goes, I'm 3 workouts in, subtracted 90 lbs from 185. My best 5rm is 225, but that was over a year ago, so I just used my last tested AMRAP that only got 5 reps, probably low because that was after 2 other sets, but we'll see if I can get it for 20 when I get there.

Trying to add 4-5 lbs in the process.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:14:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I was 165 coming out of boot.  It was painfully skinny.  I dropped from 195 down to that during boot camp.  And I was in damn good shape when I went.  Lost pull ups and sit-ups for my pft all the way through.  Might not be the best judge of what weight you should shoot for unless you felt good at it.
View Quote

185 puts me right at a BMI around 25, so I'd like to stay around there. I was 160 going into boot camp. I really was aiming for the weight that would show a defined six pack (based on yt research), but I should really stop chasing that dream because I feel like I would look like a holocaust survivor at that weight (160). Damn you, summertime!
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Started the new year at 196.6.  Had been drinking 8 to 12 sugar sodas each week.  Picked up a candy bar everytime I drove past a gas station. I work from home so that would be 2 or 3 times a week.

I completely cut out the candy bars and only had 4 sugar sodas in January.  Dropped 2 pounds the first week in January.  The rest of the month was up and down ending at 193.6.

1st week in Feb had a low point at 191.8 and a high of 194.

I have learned that snacking on nuts to get you thru the day will not work.  They might as well be candy.  Raw veggies will have to due.

Cutting portion sizes at meal time is the next for continued loss.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

185 puts me right at a BMI around 25, so I'd like to stay around there. I was 160 going into boot camp. I really was aiming for the weight that would show a defined six pack (based on yt research), but I should really stop chasing that dream because I feel like I would look like a holocaust survivor at that weight (160). Damn you, summertime!
View Quote

I wouldn't stop at 185 because anything less than that sounds low and you think you'll look thin. Just get there and then pinch around and see how much fat you have at that point. Visible abs really aren't a great indicator of sub 15% body fat like a lot think. Different people have different distributions of body fat and definition to their abs.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Started the new year at 196.6.  Had been drinking 8 to 12 sugar sodas each week.  Picked up a candy bar everytime I drove past a gas station. I work from home so that would be 2 or 3 times a week.

I completely cut out the candy bars and only had 4 sugar sodas in January.  Dropped 2 pounds the first week in January.  The rest of the month was up and down ending at 193.6.

1st week in Feb had a low point at 191.8 and a high of 194.

I have learned that snacking on nuts to get you thru the day will not work.  They might as well be candy.  Raw veggies will have to due.

Cutting portion sizes at meal time is the next for continued loss.

View Quote

Good job making changes. Eat less if you aren't losing is the general goal but as you found out with nuts, not all foods are the same. Nuts are super healthy but they are very calorically dense. A handful of nuts is easily more calories than a soda.

Look for foods that have low calories per gram or high volume that you like. They usually have a lot of water and/or fiber and will fill you up faster. Fresh or frozen fruits (except avocado), vegetables without added oil or dressing, potatoes without butter, popcorn, lean meat, whole grains, fat free dairy. Also, consider using artificial sweeteners instead of quitting sugar cold turkey if you have a sweet tooth.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Lol thanks for the introduction to that guy.

Who knew that the Parrot from Aladdin was voiced by a jacked bodybuilder?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Down 9lbs since 1/15.  Down to 314 lbs.  48 years old next month.  Gotta get back to 260 and stay there.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top