BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. One point of the article is that we must hold EVERY politician's feet to the fire regarding their voting record and what they do while in office NOT JUST HANG ON EVERY WORD THEY UTTER.

Judge appointments??? Gorsuch is fine with NFA restrictions and does not feel that they infringe on the 2A and Kavanaugh would rather rule based on precedent than on Founder's intent. But, maybe that's fine with you. Obviously, you commented without reading the entire article or you are OK with this.

Let me ask you something since you " fucking A right I will vote for Trump again." Have you EVER written to the Trump campaign and explained why you are dissatisfied with Trump's support for gun control? Yes or no. If you have not, what was the reason? A) Laziness, B) you agree with: red flag laws, bump stock bans, possible suppressor bans, under 21 bans, states passing gun control without any comments from the WH, anti-gun attorney general appointment, etc. C) you are the team player and support the team at any cost D) Busy shooting guns in Alaska
View Quote
The problem with never_trumpers are they have no clue what reality is.. Reality is the voters rejected your guy.. the Bible thumper couldn't even get the evangelical vote, nor could the honorable lawyer, voice of the righteous get the female vote, there is no winning when no one will vote for your hero... The coming election comes down to a single choice.. left or right.. there is no 3rd vote, there is no stay home vote..every vote matters weather it is cast or not...
 You ask if I have contacted this admin...of course, many many times about everything from Iran, to liberals, to the 2A and corruption, to tariffs and the border... often daily for weeks at a time..

I have to wonder how many of you never_trumpers have actually penned letters to this admin?

I also am missing the thread started by all the never_trumpers on organizing, funding, and securing a better candidate to run in 2020 after the 2016 elections..only thing I have seen is daily threads attacking any and all that back this admin...
 You want better than Trump, means you need to come up with better than Trump, that all voters will vote for, otherwise, you are just going to be even more disappointed....
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I guess I'll just vote for Kamala then.

ETA: No, I didn't read the article.
View Quote
FP forgets 1992. Lee Atwater told GHWB basically the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Suck it? You mean like: red flag laws, under 21 gun purchase bans, possible silencer ban, gun accessory bans, the states of CA, OR, WA, NV, NM, FL (Trump stated that he liked that gun control), NY, NJ, CT, MA, MD, etc. all passing bans and/or strict gun control laws since Trump has been in office? We should all suck it up? All this and he has your vote no questions asked? But, you are part of the "I've got mine club" up there in pro-gun Alaska so you can care less about any of the gun owners in these states right? Where are the tweets from Trump condemning states that passed gun control??? Not one effortless tweet in the past two years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am just curious, in 3.5 years have you guys managed to change even one vote yet? As for Trump, he has my vote until someone else steps up and proves not only that he is a better candidate, but also that he/she can actually win an election...Until then..suck it...
Suck it? You mean like: red flag laws, under 21 gun purchase bans, possible silencer ban, gun accessory bans, the states of CA, OR, WA, NV, NM, FL (Trump stated that he liked that gun control), NY, NJ, CT, MA, MD, etc. all passing bans and/or strict gun control laws since Trump has been in office? We should all suck it up? All this and he has your vote no questions asked? But, you are part of the "I've got mine club" up there in pro-gun Alaska so you can care less about any of the gun owners in these states right? Where are the tweets from Trump condemning states that passed gun control??? Not one effortless tweet in the past two years.
Honestly, that is probably THE MOST damning thing out of all of his actions.

He can't even bother to make a fucking tweet?  It doesn't cost him anything, nobody can stop him, and it would take all of 10 seconds to put the ball squarely back in the Democrats' court and them on their heels.  Yet he won't fucking do it — pathetic.

Actions speak FAR louder than any words.  Look at what he has done and/or won't do and that will tell you all you need to know.

That being said, I will do my part and vote for him in 2020, because if he loses, then it's 100% game over for every single one of us on here, whether you care to admit it or not.

If he loses, then the course of all of our lives will change from that point forward — for the worse. Count on it.

Lawless (2012) - Tom Hardy - The Course of Your Life is Changing...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
We aren't going to vote our way outta this folks.

Just sayin.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#5]
He already blew it.

Unless you're a gun owner who either supports gun control or doesn't actually care about it.  Then, I guess Trump's your man.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The author IS an Arfcommer. How do people NOT know that?

View Quote
Shhhhh, don’t spoil the fun for those of us who know his username
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The author IS an Arfcommer. How do people NOT know that?

Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#8]
at this point I’ll stand in line in the pouring rain for half a day to vote for trump
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The Coal Miners got lied to also.

DJT has been the assault on Gun Rights.

He’s lied to financial conservatives.

Once you look at the  Big Picture, you’ll wish for Pence in ‘20.

Because he ain’t gonna win, if he ain’t impeached, that is.

Nobody here has to vote Dem for him to lose, he has frittered away the gig, wasted a majority in all 3 branches, and stepped on his own dick with hubris.

And where is that 2A org he promised?

Used car salesman.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's got my vote no questions asked and I'm not part of the sacred Freestater Club.

You wanna go full retard and vote for anything other than R (which means Trump) then fuck you and good riddance. Fucking babies.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hate it, but I’ll vote for him barring some further major back stab on the second.
View Quote
Just like with bumpstocks that comes right after the election not before it. Thank you again for telling republicans going after guns is not only ok but it also wins them your vote.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How about moving to a free state.
View Quote
Those are getting in short supply.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really dislike single issue voters. The long term effects of the federal courts matter more than bump stocks
View Quote
Isn't the "long term effects of the federal courts" a single issue?

Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Is David Codrea a member here?

Sure talks like one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://content.osgnetworks.tv/firearmsnews/content/photos/Trump-2020-770.jpg

2020 is Trump's to Blow with Gun Owners

By David Codrea for Firearms News

If the betrayals we've seen from Trump so far are indicative of a willingness to infringe even further, we're entering frog in heating pot territory.

SNIP...

CONTINUE READING HERE
View Quote
He's not wrong, and I'm a Trump supporter.

Remember, his gloves come off after this election.  HE can do what he wants and not worry about voter backlash.  This is especially true after the mid-terms.

It's a fear of mine, to be honest.  It should be a fear for all of us.  We need to put some pressure on him.

Disclaimer:  I don't have time to read the article, just scan the first line or two...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm voting Trump for 2020.
View Quote
Did you get a receipt when you turned in your gear?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am just curious, in 3.5 years have you guys managed to change even one vote yet? As for Trump, he has my vote until someone else steps up and proves not only that he is a better candidate, but also that he/she can actually win an election...Until then..suck it...
View Quote
Yes mine
Just a few months ago.
But go ahead keep encouraging gun grabbing republicans I am sure that will someday get rid of them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#18]
“One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much."
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Isn't the "long term effects of the federal courts" a single issue?

View Quote
Not really. 2A is a single issue. A judge, or judges, can rule on 1000 different things.

Kinda like how all thumbs are fingers, but not all fingers are thumbs. You get it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You better vote for him. Don't sit home, or vote for some other republican turd. If you do, you are throwing a vote to one of the idiots running against Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure I won’t be voting Trump next year. He’d need to win me back at this point.
You better vote for him. Don't sit home, or vote for some other republican turd. If you do, you are throwing a vote to one of the idiots running against Trump.
And?
If I do vote for him I am telling everyone that gun grabbing wins elections.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
basically this sarcastic comment. you got either trump or some left wing nutjob.  so you gotta vote for the lesser or 2 evils.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: No, I didn't read the article.
basically this sarcastic comment. you got either trump or some left wing nutjob.  so you gotta vote for the lesser or 2 evils.
No I don’t.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m pretty sure I won’t be voting Trump next year. He’d need to win me back at this point.
And?
Well you vote for which candidate you want to vote for, and I'll vote for our current president.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I would love to know who is advising him on 2A issues. Honestly, his statements and positions make no sense.
Waffling on the Second won't win him a single new voter... it can only lose him voters that should be his easily.

Do you ever see a Dem trying to curry favor with the Right?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I really dislike single issue voters. The long term effects of the federal courts matter more than bump stocks
View Quote
When do the federal courts stop screwing us?
What else will I have to give up before that happens?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It will be the economy that decides this.

My wife is a recovered liberal, feminist, New Jersey born and Mass practicing SJW attorney... I claim credit for fixing her. She recently voted straight republican/conservative. She thinks Trump is a sleaze ball (he is), but she supports most of his policies. She also commented that her 401K has never performed better. On the 4th, she walked out on a family gathering of her liberal relatives for their nonsensical TDS.

The right will vote for him because he's not the left. The middle will vote for him if the economy is chugging along and they see THEIR lifestyle improving. They simply won't care about the screeching from the left about inequality if it isn't impacting them personally.

If the economy tanks, he'd done, expect to see the Fed try to tank it in December with interest rates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump is going to lose badly in 2020.

Gun owners won't be the primary cause but it didn't help. It was Trumps job to convince voters to pull the lever for him. Not mine and not anyone elses.
It will be the economy that decides this.

My wife is a recovered liberal, feminist, New Jersey born and Mass practicing SJW attorney... I claim credit for fixing her. She recently voted straight republican/conservative. She thinks Trump is a sleaze ball (he is), but she supports most of his policies. She also commented that her 401K has never performed better. On the 4th, she walked out on a family gathering of her liberal relatives for their nonsensical TDS.

The right will vote for him because he's not the left. The middle will vote for him if the economy is chugging along and they see THEIR lifestyle improving. They simply won't care about the screeching from the left about inequality if it isn't impacting them personally.

If the economy tanks, he'd done, expect to see the Fed try to tank it in December with interest rates.
Pretty much spot on IMHO. Lest anyone forget, we were supposed to see some rights restored, and some things beneficial passed. Not the other way around 2A wise.

Yes, the economy is good and there is much to be thankful for, but even the most ardent Trump supporter should recognize that orange man did a bad thing with the bump stock ban and the Red Flag laws. Fan or not of bump stocks it was a precedent set that we will pay for long after Trump has moved on.

And no, my girl didn't lose. I did vote and will vote Trump, but that doesn't mean I won't call him on his mistakes.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Saw the pic and reacted. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do in GD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow! A speed reader??? You read that article in less than four minutes.
Saw the pic and reacted. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do in GD?
FPNI
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well you vote for which candidate you want to vote for, and I'll vote for our current president.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And?
I can’t stop you from supporting gun grabbing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm voting Trump for 2020.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
And nobody can stop you from wasting your vote... my only suggestion is when you lose, and you will,  you bitch at yourself and all the others that refused to vote instead of those who understand reality...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Trump is going to lose badly in 2020.

Gun owners won't be the primary cause but it didn't help. It was Trumps job to convince voters to pull the lever for him. Not mine and not anyone elses.
View Quote
If the economy is still good, then he won’t lose....... it’s the #1 issue with voters in most polls
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And nobody can stop you from wasting your vote... my only suggestion is when you lose, and you will,  you bitch at yourself and all the others that refused to vote instead of those who understand reality...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Expand on that.
When I lose (and presumably trump wins again)
You want me to bitch at myself, bitch about what exactly, trumps next big push for gun control?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
OP is not the author of the article if that's what you are thinking.......
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Expand on that.
You want me to bitch at myself, bitch about what exactly, trumps next big push for gun control?
View Quote
Sure, instead of coming on here bitching why aren't you putting forth a viable alternative? where is this savior candidate you want everyone to vote for, what are his credentials? how does he prove first that he is better than Trump, second that he actually will do what he says, and most importantly that he is worth actually voting for?....Where is your funding campaign for him? how much funding does he have behind him, How much baggage does he have floating around?  You have absolutely nothing but a butt hurt ego, absolutely no plan, no method, no idea to further your idea of "get rid of Trump at all cost".. And thats not enough, your only win , is trump loses... problem is we as a country lose...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sure, instead of coming on here bitching why aren't you putting forth a viable alternative? where is this savior candidate you want everyone to vote for, what are his credentials? how does he prove first that he is better than Trump, second that he actually will do what he says, and most importantly that he is worth actually voting for?....Where is your funding campaign for him? how much funding does he have behind him, How much baggage does he have floating around?  You have absolutely nothing but a butt hurt ego, absolutely no plan, no method, no idea to further your idea of "get rid of Trump at all cost".. And thats not enough, your only win , is trump loses... problem is we as a country lose...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Expand on that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Just like with bumpstocks that comes right after the election not before it. Thank you again for telling republicans going after guns is not only ok but it also wins them your vote.
View Quote
Here’s the reality, I despise Trump. He wasn’t my guy, but he’s the candidate I had foisted upon me. My guy lost in the primaries. The choice was him or Hillary, not a tough choice. He will be the candidate in 2020, and every single one of the opposition candidates is ten times scarier or worse. The dems will go for broke, that’s a guarantee. Trump MIGHT further fuck us, heck he likely will. BUT we are getting more conservative judges at all levels, and he is better on the economy and national defense.

Was a time my vote didn’t matter. I have residences in NY and VT and neither is going republican. I once had the luxury of voting third party or even not voting, but not anymore. If the lefty states manage to get their popular vote/eradicate the electoral college pact in place, EVERY VOTE WILL MATTER.

Think what you want, I don’t entirely disagree, but I’m playing the cards I was dealt. Until enough people decide to flip the card table and get froggy, this is the game we are playing. It’s a calculus I hate, but here we are.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Expand on that.
I don’t have one, I don’t need one because we all know he would lose.
You want to vote for a winner no matter what their actual positions are.
All I care about in not encouraging more gun grabbing republicans.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Expand on that.
https://i.imgur.com/L94jiQA.gif
How so?
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you admit no one else can win, but you would rather lose than win...convoluted thought process....yet here you are day in, day out, bitching because nobody will give you your way..Want to know a secret, many of us who voted for Trump don't like many of the things he does, but we voted because the alternative would be unbearable for this country's future...

This is why voting matters...

Daniel Aaron Bress was just confirmed to the 9th Circuit by a vote of 53-45.

Bress has been a member of the Federalist Society since 2003.

Other info:

Prior to joining Kirkland & Ellis, Bress clerked for Judge J. Harvie Wilkinson III of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and for Justice Antonin Scalia of the U.S. Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Here's the reality, I despise Trump. He wasn't my guy, but he's the candidate I had foisted upon me. My guy lost in the primaries. The choice was him or Hillary, not a tough choice. He will be the candidate in 2020, and every single one of the opposition candidates is ten times scarier or worse. The dems will go for broke, that's a guarantee. Trump MIGHT further fuck us, heck he likely will. BUT we are getting more conservative judges at all levels, and he is better on the economy and national defense.

Was a time my vote didn't matter. I have residences in NY and VT and neither is going republican. I once had the luxury of voting third party or even not voting, but not anymore. If the lefty states manage to get their popular vote/eradicate the electoral college pact in place, EVERY VOTE WILL MATTER.

Think what you want, I don't entirely disagree, but I'm playing the cards I was dealt. Until enough people decide to flip the card table and get froggy, this is the game we are playing. It's a calculus I hate, but here we are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the reality, I despise Trump. He wasn't my guy, but he's the candidate I had foisted upon me. My guy lost in the primaries. The choice was him or Hillary, not a tough choice. He will be the candidate in 2020, and every single one of the opposition candidates is ten times scarier or worse. The dems will go for broke, that's a guarantee. Trump MIGHT further fuck us, heck he likely will. BUT we are getting more conservative judges at all levels, and he is better on the economy and national defense.

Was a time my vote didn't matter. I have residences in NY and VT and neither is going republican. I once had the luxury of voting third party or even not voting, but not anymore. If the lefty states manage to get their popular vote/eradicate the electoral college pact in place, EVERY VOTE WILL MATTER.

Think what you want, I don't entirely disagree, but I'm playing the cards I was dealt. Until enough people decide to flip the card table and get froggy, this is the game we are playing. It's a calculus I hate, but here we are.
Well stated too. This succinctly sums up my thoughts on the situation. Once Trump won the R nomination there was no choice. There should be no choice in 2020 either. But make no mistake. We will be voting for a guy that has demonstrated a willingness to ban 2A things. This was a debatable point made by the NT's prior to the 2016 election. It is no longer debatable.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Ill look at his actions versus anything he says...so far its been pretty rough.

Trump has said multiple times that "the Second Amendment is Safe". Trump ran on "The 8 Year War on the Second Amendment is Over" all 2017, he also said "As your president I will never ever infringe on your Right to Bear Arms". He also 'Promised" that he would pass National Carry Reciprocity and yet he has passed more Firearm Legislation than Obama did in his 8 years and hasn't passed a single "Pro-Gun" Bill.
See all of this and more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CQeoG5mcI

Gun Confiscation Orders (Red Flag Laws) and Full Gun Registry (Universal Background Checks) which Trump has openly supported have recently been proposed. Trump told Feinstein that "He will get the votes and get it passed" when discussing what would go into her Assault Weapons Ban during the same hearing he said "Take the Guns First, then Due Process" when creating the Red Flag Laws. His newly appointed AG has stated his Top Priority is Gun Confiscation, he also supported the Brady Bill and Clinton's Assault Weapons Ban and was in charge during the slaughter of Ruby Ridge and acts deceitful when discussing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmYISZwCK9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZsm9rmb-8o (1:00:00 Mark)

Trump's ATF Pick Belie is just as "Pro-Gun" as William Barr.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/05/ttag-contributor/trumps-atf-director-nominee-on-the-record-for-protecting-2a-rights/#comments
https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/fop-actions-of-trumps-atf-pick-belie-reverence-for-2nd-amendment-claim/361026

Trump just passed the Bumpstock Ban that allows the ATF to redefine "Fire rate" which will allow any semi-automatic to be considered a "Machine gun". Every Semi-Auto is now on the plate for banning in the near future as the ATF now has been given the power to re-class any of them as "Machine Guns", if your firearm is semi-auto and is made after May 1986' then it has the possibility of being banned. This bill also gave way to the arbitrary banning of parts, accessories, and attachments for any reason. So expect that when a Democrat as power of a Town, City, State, or the Country - all your Semi-Auto's are now sitting on the chopping Block thanks to this legislation riding through...that was Backed both by the NRA and Trump.

This ban sets precedent that a ban can be placed on a object arbitrarily by a single branch of Government (Executive in this case) using the ATF to loosely define and outline the reason for the ban. This is unconstitutional and shouldnt stand...but if it does this will lead to a world of hurt in multiple ways from taxes, imports, business, motor vehicles and more...dont be blinded by Trump, pretend it was Hillary instead and Hillary did this, there would be real public outrage. Trump pushed this through, with support from the NRA who actually proposed this ban.

"I will be strongly pushing Comprehensive Background Checks with an emphasis on Mental Health. Raise age to 21 and end sale of Bump Stocks! Congress is in a mood to finally do something on this issue - I hope!"
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 22, 2018

"I'd like to think about it. I mean nobody's talking about silencers very much. I did talk about the bump stock and we had it banned and we're looking at that. I'm going to seriously look at it. I don't love the idea of it" - DJT 2019

"Even if [the plaintiff] were entitled to Second Amendment protection, his challenge would be baseless: [8 U.S.C] section 922(g) furthers the government's compelling interest in keeping firearms out of the hands of individuals who are likely to use the irresponsibly. Empirical evidence supports the conclusion that those previously convicted of drunk driving are significantly more likely to abuse alcohol and commit acts of violence. And these drunk drivers are significantly more likely than individuals without alcohol-related convictions to be arrested for crimes involving violence and/or misuse of firearms."
- Trump Administration Brief to 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals (PA, NJ, DE, VI)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwqWATBAg-a/

The "Empirical Evidence" section is a false claim being propagated by "fake pro-gun" organizations right now and it seems Trump has fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.
So if you have ever gotten a DUI then you may not have your "entitled" Constitutional Rights anymore if the bill he is putting together passes...or he decides to force it through with executive order once again (Bumpstock Ban)...People make horrible choices at young ages, I, myself have a DUI from when I was young and stupid and I thank god for it as that DUI saved my life - I havent had a drink since then and I've cleaned up my life. Without that DUI I would have continued to drink and abuse drugs and I most likely would have died by now. Now because I have that DUI, it means I will lose my Second Amendment Rights even though I have cleaned up and started over.

All I know is Im so happy that "the war on the Second Amendment is Over"....

Just imagine if they do write that up as a law, this is a slippery slope...not only would innocent people that have been convicted for false positives lose their rights but people in states where the "legal limit" is less than .03 would be losing them for barely being "impaired" while driving. There would be millions of people affected by this  for stupid decisions while they were young, like myself. The precedent set would later lead to people that smoke, no fly lists, trespassing violations, misdemeanors/ect.

National Red Flag Laws (Gun Confiscation/Destruction of Due Process) and Universal Background Checks (Full Gun Restoration + Owner Databases)....both Unconstitutional.
The Red Flag Laws being passed state to state destroy Due Process and they dont even need evidence or proof to roll out a call to confiscate firearms, anyone in your "family" (soon will be extended to co-workers) and take your civil rights in the middle of the night now - which has resulted in deaths already. Those who are victims of these Red Flag Calls loose their rights and need to fight in a special court to get them back, which may take years and the costs are staggering ($10,000+).

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2019 will essentially leave everyone with Pump Shotguns, Muzzle Loaders and Revolvers, Bolt Action Rifles but cannot hold more than 10 rounds, cant have detachable magazines or threaded barrels or pistol grips. It also bans pistols that are over 50 ounces and pistol braces for the injured/physically disabled. It will also place Background checks for everything, no private sales, or homemade firearms. The thing is, Criminals dont spend thousands of dollars on new firearms, they dont buy high end 3D Printers or CNC Machines to machine/print out AR lowers, they dont spend hours and hundreds of dollars building their own guns, they dont spend $400 on bumpstocks and binary triggers...that's what Firearm Enthusiasts do.

The Second Amendment protects the First and with more and more infringements that target the average gun owner and not criminals it only points out that the Government is out for control over its population and not its best interest. All proposals for any action against the Second Amendment should be seen as an act of war on the Citizenry, Government infringing on the only insurance policy against Government is a conflict of interest and anyone doing so should be convicted of sedition.

Who cares who gets elected, Im sick of hearing "If not Trump who else", why does that even matter? Your voting to lose your rights slowly or quickly, you are STILL LOSING regardless. We need real change and these puppets and populists arent going to help us.
I have repeatedly asked these large youtubers to rally their subs and get those subs to rally their friends.

All that's needed to make real change is:
Organized Armed Marches
Organize Bank Runs
Mass Peaceful Non-Compliance with Unconstitutional Law
Stop Paying Taxes in Mass

Thats it, nothing more than some walking and choosing not to follow directions or contribute money...that's it. Even if just 10% of the population did this we would see the changes we want overnight.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Here’s the reality, I despise Trump. He wasn’t my guy, but he’s the candidate I had foisted upon me. My guy lost in the primaries. The choice was him or Hillary, not a tough choice. He will be the candidate in 2020, and every single one of the opposition candidates is ten times scarier or worse. The dems will go for broke, that’s a guarantee. Trump MIGHT further fuck us, heck he likely will. BUT we are getting more conservative judges at all levels, and he is better on the economy and national defense.

Was a time my vote didn’t matter. I have residences in NY and VT and neither is going republican. I once had the luxury of voting third party or even not voting, but not anymore. If the lefty states manage to get their popular vote/eradicate the electoral college pact in place, EVERY VOTE WILL MATTER.

Think what you want, I don’t entirely disagree, but I’m playing the cards I was dealt. Until enough people decide to flip the card table and get froggy, this is the game we are playing. It’s a calculus I hate, but here we are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All you are doing is encouraging republicans to continue to shift to the left.
What have those judges done?
As for the economy, if all goes well I will live through another 2 or 3 recessions, bring them on.
National defense, depends on the definition almost 3 years in and we are still just talking about deporting the illegals we already have deportation orders for.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Trump to blow to gun owners?  Can't know what means this,  no didn't bother to read, don't read crap over ten sentences.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I voted for trump and will stay home in 2020. Cannot waste my vote on this scumbag.

Best case would be trump gets impeached and pence is our guy for 2020.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How so?
View Quote
You are getting ridiculous and argumentative just for the sake of arguing, with no solution. You have no plan, at all.
Listen, we are not happy with everything this president has done, but he is 1000% better than any democrat running, or any republican who just might be on next years ballot, as a challenger to Trump.

Outside of President Trump, if he loses in 2020, the next 4-8-12 years, and beyond, for this country, looks gloomy.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Like Karl Rove said...

"Where else they gonna go?"
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Expand on that.
https://i.imgur.com/L94jiQA.gif
NeverTrumps don't care about solutions.

NeverTrumps just need Trump to lose so they can say "See? I told you!"  Their reputations and egos were destroyed in 2016, if Trump wins again, once again they will relive being wrong. I don't think they could take it anymore.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So you admit no one else can win, but you would rather lose than win...convoluted thought process....yet here you are day in, day out, bitching because nobody will give you your way..Want to know a secret, many of us who voted for Trump don't like many of the things he does, but we voted because the alternative would be unbearable for this country's future...

Other info:

Prior to joining Kirkland & Ellis, Bress clerked for Judge J. Harvie Wilkinson III of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and for Justice Antonin Scalia of the U.S. Supreme Court.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other info:

It’s pretty darn simple, to earn my vote all you have to do is not support gun control.
I don’t buy into the hope that gun grabbers will accidentally pick judges that will overturn the gun grabbers policies.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ill look at his actions versus anything he says...so far its been pretty rough.

Trump has said multiple times that "the Second Amendment is Safe". Trump ran on "The 8 Year War on the Second Amendment is Over" all 2017, he also said "As your president I will never ever infringe on your Right to Bear Arms". He also 'Promised" that he would pass National Carry Reciprocity and yet he has passed more Firearm Legislation than Obama did in his 8 years and hasn't passed a single "Pro-Gun" Bill.
See all of this and more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CQeoG5mcI

Gun Confiscation Orders (Red Flag Laws) and Full Gun Registry (Universal Background Checks) which Trump has openly supported have recently been proposed. Trump told Feinstein that "He will get the votes and get it passed" when discussing what would go into her Assault Weapons Ban during the same hearing he said "Take the Guns First, then Due Process" when creating the Red Flag Laws. His newly appointed AG has stated his Top Priority is Gun Confiscation, he also supported the Brady Bill and Clinton's Assault Weapons Ban and was in charge during the slaughter of Ruby Ridge and acts deceitful when discussing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmYISZwCK9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZsm9rmb-8o (1:00:00 Mark)

Trump's ATF Pick Belie is just as "Pro-Gun" as William Barr.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/05/ttag-contributor/trumps-atf-director-nominee-on-the-record-for-protecting-2a-rights/#comments
https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/fop-actions-of-trumps-atf-pick-belie-reverence-for-2nd-amendment-claim/361026

Trump just passed the Bumpstock Ban that allows the ATF to redefine "Fire rate" which will allow any semi-automatic to be considered a "Machine gun". Every Semi-Auto is now on the plate for banning in the near future as the ATF now has been given the power to re-class any of them as "Machine Guns", if your firearm is semi-auto and is made after May 1986' then it has the possibility of being banned. This bill also gave way to the arbitrary banning of parts, accessories, and attachments for any reason. So expect that when a Democrat as power of a Town, City, State, or the Country - all your Semi-Auto's are now sitting on the chopping Block thanks to this legislation riding through...that was Backed both by the NRA and Trump.

This ban sets precedent that a ban can be placed on a object arbitrarily by a single branch of Government (Executive in this case) using the ATF to loosely define and outline the reason for the ban. This is unconstitutional and shouldnt stand...but if it does this will lead to a world of hurt in multiple ways from taxes, imports, business, motor vehicles and more...dont be blinded by Trump, pretend it was Hillary instead and Hillary did this, there would be real public outrage. Trump pushed this through, with support from the NRA who actually proposed this ban.

"I will be strongly pushing Comprehensive Background Checks with an emphasis on Mental Health. Raise age to 21 and end sale of Bump Stocks! Congress is in a mood to finally do something on this issue - I hope!"
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 22, 2018

"I'd like to think about it. I mean nobody's talking about silencers very much. I did talk about the bump stock and we had it banned and we're looking at that. I'm going to seriously look at it. I don't love the idea of it" - DJT 2019

"Even if [the plaintiff] were entitled to Second Amendment protection, his challenge would be baseless: [8 U.S.C] section 922(g) furthers the government's compelling interest in keeping firearms out of the hands of individuals who are likely to use the irresponsibly. Empirical evidence supports the conclusion that those previously convicted of drunk driving are significantly more likely to abuse alcohol and commit acts of violence. And these drunk drivers are significantly more likely than individuals without alcohol-related convictions to be arrested for crimes involving violence and/or misuse of firearms."
- Trump Administration Brief to 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals (PA, NJ, DE, VI)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwqWATBAg-a/

The "Empirical Evidence" section is a false claim being propagated by "fake pro-gun" organizations right now and it seems Trump has fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.
So if you have ever gotten a DUI then you may not have your "entitled" Constitutional Rights anymore if the bill he is putting together passes...or he decides to force it through with executive order once again (Bumpstock Ban)...People make horrible choices at young ages, I, myself have a DUI from when I was young and stupid and I thank god for it as that DUI saved my life - I havent had a drink since then and I've cleaned up my life. Without that DUI I would have continued to drink and abuse drugs and I most likely would have died by now. Now because I have that DUI, it means I will lose my Second Amendment Rights even though I have cleaned up and started over.

All I know is Im so happy that "the war on the Second Amendment is Over"....

Just imagine if they do write that up as a law, this is a slippery slope...not only would innocent people that have been convicted for false positives lose their rights but people in states where the "legal limit" is less than .03 would be losing them for barely being "impaired" while driving. There would be millions of people affected by this  for stupid decisions while they were young, like myself. The precedent set would later lead to people that smoke, no fly lists, trespassing violations, misdemeanors/ect.

National Red Flag Laws (Gun Confiscation/Destruction of Due Process) and Universal Background Checks (Full Gun Restoration + Owner Databases)....both Unconstitutional.
The Red Flag Laws being passed state to state destroy Due Process and they dont even need evidence or proof to roll out a call to confiscate firearms, anyone in your "family" (soon will be extended to co-workers) and take your civil rights in the middle of the night now - which has resulted in deaths already. Those who are victims of these Red Flag Calls loose their rights and need to fight in a special court to get them back, which may take years and the costs are staggering ($10,000+).

The Assault Weapons Ban of 2019 will essentially leave everyone with Pump Shotguns, Muzzle Loaders and Revolvers, Bolt Action Rifles but cannot hold more than 10 rounds, cant have detachable magazines or threaded barrels or pistol grips. It also bans pistols that are over 50 ounces and pistol braces for the injured/physically disabled. It will also place Background checks for everything, no private sales, or homemade firearms. The thing is, Criminals dont spend thousands of dollars on new firearms, they dont buy high end 3D Printers or CNC Machines to machine/print out AR lowers, they dont spend hours and hundreds of dollars building their own guns, they dont spend $400 on bumpstocks and binary triggers...that's what Firearm Enthusiasts do.

The Second Amendment protects the First and with more and more infringements that target the average gun owner and not criminals it only points out that the Government is out for control over its population and not its best interest. All proposals for any action against the Second Amendment should be seen as an act of war on the Citizenry, Government infringing on the only insurance policy against Government is a conflict of interest and anyone doing so should be convicted of sedition.

Who cares who gets elected, Im sick of hearing "If not Trump who else", why does that even matter? Your voting to lose your rights slowly or quickly, you are STILL LOSING regardless. We need real change and these puppets and populists arent going to help us.
I have repeatedly asked these large youtubers to rally their subs and get those subs to rally their friends.

All that's needed to make real change is:
Organized Armed Marches
Organize Bank Runs
Mass Peaceful Non-Compliance with Unconstitutional Law
Stop Paying Taxes in Mass

Thats it, nothing more than some walking and choosing not to follow directions or contribute money...that's it. Even if just 10% of the population did this we would see the changes we want overnight.
View Quote
Okay, whose banned account are you? All you do is post never Trump stuff.
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What about Cruz?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about Cruz?
Trump isn't getting beaten in the nomination. Cruz could run independent I guess...
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

the jury is still out on Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. Gorsuch is fine with NFA restrictions and does not feel that they infringe on the 2A and Kavanaugh would rather rule based on precedent than on Founder's intent. But, maybe that's fine with you. Obviously, you commented without reading the article.
View Quote
The Jury is not out on who Hillary would have appointed, and the list Trump picked from was one even Never Trumpers liked.  I just understand that my version of what the 2nd amendment means ianr what the vast majority of the country believes, so I don’t have to agree with everything a politician does to support them.
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top