Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2020 10:17:23 AM EDT
The 2020 Honda CRV is on my wifes' short list of what she looking for. The 1.5 turbo motor does concern me with the fuel dilution issues.
I did read Honda did fix this issue but want to hear from 2019 CRV owners with the 1.5 turbo. Still have fuel dilution issues? The 1.5 turbo is the only engine for 2020.  How about the variable transmission. Good on a Honda?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#1]
In for details. Have a 2012 RAV4 and are looking to upgrade. CRV, RAV4, and CX5 are on list...Leaning towards CX5
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 2017 CR-V with that power train (FWD). I absolutely love it. The CVT is smooth, and its quite zippy with the gear selector in Sport. I average 35mpg, which is a big reason I got it.

The fuel dilution issue concerned me initially, but after doing the research, it appears to only affect cars in northern climates (and a small percentage of them, at that).  Which shouldn't be an issue in Louisiana.

ETA I bought mine used in January with 70k miles.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In for details. Have a 2012 RAV4 and are looking to upgrade. CRV, RAV4, and CX5 are on list...Leaning towards CX5
View Quote
I did CX5 turbo and am very happy with it. May want to hold out for RAV4 Prime, though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
The CX5 was top on our list. Reason it was knocked off was we do not have a dealer close by. The RAV4 pissed me off just looking at them on the dealership lot. They had a $$ mark up over the MSRP price for market adjustment. Did not even bother talking to them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The CX5 was top on our list. Reason it was knocked off was we do not have a dealer close by. The RAV4 pissed me off just looking at them on the dealership lot. They had a $$ mark up over the MSRP price for market adjustment. Did not even bother talking to them.
View Quote
Market adjustment markup on a RAV4 Wow.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife has a 2019 CRV 2WD ( same motor and trans of course) and she loves it. Commutes 70 miles round trip a day and gets about 35MPG. She has no issues with it and likes the new improvements such as lane assist etc on it. She had a 2016 Civic with the exact same power train and we traded it in with almost 70k issue free miles on it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife has a 2018 with the same engine and transmission.
She loves it, I think it's a great little appliance to drive.
In Sport Mode it's got a little kick to it.

Fuel dilution issues?
You always read about the guys who have issues, most people who don't have issues don't say anything.
I think it's overblown.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#8]
A relative decided to buy a 2019 CRV EX model.

She is car stupid so I went with her to buy it mostly for the negotiating factor.

Overall I will say it seems to be doing well but it's only been seven months of ownership and thousands of miles but again, nothing long-term.

With my little bit of experience driving it I will say I'm impressed with the vehicle and would not turn anyone away from buying one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Wife has a 2019 with the 1.5

I was extremely concerned about the issues but it has a 10yr million mile warranty so it’s their problem....

I do my own oil changes and I have changed it twice and each time I get about 4 quarts just above full on the stick

I think it’s a non issue

Keep the trans fluid changed... they recommend 30k I will probably do it at 20k intervals
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top