Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2022 8:01:52 AM EDT
Last week I tried to turn on the rear window wiper for my 4Runner and nothing happened. I tried it several times over the next few days, and it just wouldn't work. During the same time, I tried to open my sunroof, and it also would not open. Neither made a noise or anything. They were just dead. Last night, I got into my 4Runner and decided to give them a try. They both worked fine. Initially I thought maybe a fuse blew or something, but now that they are both working, I am thinking that isn't it. I can fix anything inside my house, but when it comes to vehicles, I am clueless. Can you guys give me some guidance on what is going on with my 4Runner? Is this the kind of thing I can fix on my own, or does it need to go to the shop? I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about the sunroof, but if you accidentally bump your rear window roll down switch even a millimeter the wiper won't work.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Grounds.

Loose
Crusty
Etc.

Watch the South Main Auto Channel on You Tube.  This guy can hunt down electrical issues.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Rear wiper was most likely due to the rear window down. All it takes is a slight tap on the switch to break the circuit causing that and spray nozzle to not work. Seen that many times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top