Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2022 4:35:08 PM EDT
I know Beaujolais Nouveau is to be drunk young.  My parents forgot this was on the rack.  

Is it worth keeping for cooking, mulled wine, vinegar, just pour it down the drain?  I haven't opened it yet.Attachment Attached File

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 2:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Open it up and pour a small amount into a wine glass.  Give it a smell.  If it doesn't smell bad, take a small sip and see how it tastes.   If the small sip goes OK, then take a larger sip and see if it's turned or not.   If you aren't sure if it's gone bad, pour a glass and let it sit for an hour and taste again.

Worst case is that the wine went bad, but if thats the case you haven't changed anything by opening it and trying it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother and his wife took it and opened it.

They said it was undrinkable and unusable and poured it down the drain.

Now we know.  Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Open it up and pour a small amount into a wine glass.  Give it a smell.  If it doesn't smell bad, take a small sip and see how it tastes.   If the small sip goes OK, then take a larger sip and see if it's turned or not.   If you aren't sure if it's gone bad, pour a glass and let it sit for an hour and taste again.

Worst case is that the wine went bad, but if thats the case you haven't changed anything by opening it and trying it.
View Quote

This.

Crazy pairing- beaujolais and crunchy Cheetos. Sounds crazy, I know, but try it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top