Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2023 12:00:19 AM EDT
Showing off. Snagged this off an older couple for $4k.  81,000 miles. It's near mint. Always garaged, you can tell by how clear the original headlights are. All service records and timing belt at 69k back in 2019. Everything works 100%. No smoking no kids. I had to get something to keep the miles off my Tundra and this should do the trick. I've racked up 58k in 2 years on the Toyota and it needs a break.

Back in 2001 my Mom and I bought Hondas. She got a 2001 CRV and I bought a 2001 Civic EX 5 speed. Both were great cars. I had the choice between a Z28SS and the Civic and was pretty happy with thay choice.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice, you'll be driving that for a long time to come.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Last night I bought my son a 2014 CRV 166k mikes for $10k.

Same thing, garage kept, well maintained, everything works.

So far, it seams like a decent car.

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The only problem with CR-Vs is you never get to buy a different car.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome score.  I would love to come across something like that for my next winter daily driver.  I thought those 4-cyls used a timing chain?
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Amazing how many of the next model 02-06 are still on the road here even with the salt. So many are used as private postal carrier delivery vehicles.

I have looked at 1 or 2 but never got a deal lined up. I want a 5 speed one though.

Looked this Summer for a few months and saw nothing that didn't have 200k miles so I ended up with a southern 01 S10 crew cab. Needed something to DD after lease and haul the dog.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome score.  I would love to come across something like that for my next winter daily driver.  I thought those 4-cyls used a timing chain?
View Quote

Toyota 4cyls do but the older Honda B series are on belts.  They had it and water pump replaced at 69K in 2019 so should be good for a while.  My buddy has an 03 Accord with 287k on it, bought new and is on the original belt and borrowed time...
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Amazing how many of the next model 02-06 are still on the road here even with the salt. So many are used as private postal carrier delivery vehicles.

I have looked at 1 or 2 but never got a deal lined up. I want a 5 speed one though.

Looked this Summer for a few months and saw nothing that didn't have 200k miles so I ended up with a southern 01 S10 crew cab. Needed something to DD after lease and haul the dog.
View Quote

The K series in the 02-06 are amazing motors and many will outlive the rest of the car.  My Mom has an 05 now with 140k miles and no issues other than a leaky valve cover that was an easy fix.  The 5 speeds are super rare in these.  There was an 01 with 85k miles I saw go for $12,500 last fall.  People will pay good money for cars like these.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
The older  crv or the element are two rides that are far better then most people think.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My buddy has an 03 Accord with 287k on it, bought new and is on the original belt and borrowed time...
View Quote
WOW!  Currently my winter car is an '06 Accord coupe purchased new, V6, 6-Speed manual.  Just over 200K on it.

She has been great, not always been the winter car, and beat on relentlessly.  Paid for 200K service in the late fall including the timing belt (third one), and then in January a roller rocker gave way, dropped a valve into the combustion chamber.  Drove it like that for 14 miles.  Got a new to me 3.0 engine with 45K on it as I was not ready to let her go, but she is starting to rust out on the body panels.  

Again- that CR-V is gold.  Jealous!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I've helped a friend of mine find a couple of those damn things as they always end up getting wrecked before they ever wear out.

Hell of a find.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 1:42:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
be sure to adjust the valves if they have not been done, can prevent a burnt valve/head job.

They run forever as long as your daughter doesn't total them, my daughter totaled a 1998, we were selling her our 2004 and she just totaled it on Tuesday, both times was on ice, girl does not know the meaning of you can not stop on ice
View Quote

Timing belt, water pump and valves were done in 2019 at 69k miles.  

I've only seen ONE on Bring A Trailer.  It was the 2nd gen, 5 speed with under 20k miles.  Brought 15k.  I wonder what this would bring being so clean and un-abused.  It's real value is keeping extra miles off my truck and if I can hold onto it for 10 more years it would make a good first ride for my 6 year old.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#13]
So, so boring............and incredibly reliable.  

Nice job, op.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top