Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 1:31:27 PM EDT
Been without a dog since my Weimaraner died a little over two years now.  Friends advised us of this shorthair needing a home as owner is experiencing health problems.  She is housebroken but I don't know much else.

We live a couple hundred yards from the beach so she will get a ton of exercise. Also have a couple of grandsons (6 &3) who visit occasionally.

Thoughts from the hive?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
FO. You have experience with the Weimar. They will bowl over children but not as bad as your last dog.

My GSPs loved chasing the birds on the beach. Good times.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Been without a dog since my Weimaraner died a little over two years now.  Friends advised us of this shorthair needing a home as owner is experiencing health problems.  She is housebroken but I don't know much else.

We live a couple hundred yards from the beach so she will get a ton of exercise. Also have a couple of grandsons (6 &3) who visit occasionally.

Thoughts from the hive?
View Quote
Do it! Get yourself a GSP ASAFP.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome hunting dogs.  Very smart, very loving.  Can be a little stubborn at times, but females less so than the males.  
FO as you've never fo'd before!
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FO. You have experience with the Weimar. They will bowl over children but not as bad as your last dog.

My GSPs loved chasing the birds on the beach. Good times.
View Quote
Yeah... every weim I've ever met has been a spaz.

On the other hand, I've got a GSP girl as a regular customer, who greets me with pawing at my shin, and maybe even a hug around the calf.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
What does FO mean?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully you have a big yard!
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I would Fo as well.

My neighbor has a German Shorthair and she is the best dog.  Another neighbor had a male German Shorthair and he was a great dog too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#8]
But what does FO mean?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually know 4 German Shorthair's and they've all been great dogs.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I love mine, but she is a total spazz. 7 years old now.

My female has always been a one owner dog, never really adapted to family life after I got married.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thoughts from the hive?
View Quote
Update: Just missed her.  She wound up with a great home in the hill country though.  So happy ending I guess.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top