Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2019 12:20:53 AM EDT
I've been running obstacle course races for a few years. Two races this weekend. Yesterday I was dumb and pinch a finger re-racking weight at gym. It's my ring finger on non dominant hand. I work midnight shift, wouldnt stop bleeding , so hit the medical office, and they gave me 3 stitches. With rope climbs and monkey bars, hows the best way to protect my finger? Canceling isnt an option,  races are paid for and hotels booked
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:39:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You're finger is probably going to be fucked any way you go

Mechanix gloves?
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Burpees
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I think there's almost no chance that you're going to be participating and giving it your best without pain, bleeding, and ripped stitches. Unless you wrap that finger up like an armored mummy.

Best of luck in any event.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:14:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Burpees
View Quote
I'm am Spartan.

Burpees suck.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#5]
My plan is liquid bandaid and electrical tape. Lol. I'm hoping with 4 days of healing, it would be starting to close. Worst case, I do the penalty burpees.  I did really good last year, so this was my first year signing up for the elite (competitive) heats. I told the doc what I was doing, he said I'd probably RIP them out, but try to keep it clean
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#6]
You going to Ohio? In any case, for that shut to make your hand form a lego hand. Already cupped to help hold onto bars and ropes. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Rub some dirt in it. AROO!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been running obstacle course races for a few years. Two races this weekend. Yesterday I was dumb and pinch a finger re-racking weight at gym. It's my ring finger on non dominant hand. I work midnight shift, wouldnt stop bleeding , so hit the medical office, and they gave me 3 stitches. With rope climbs and monkey bars, hows the best way to protect my finger? Canceling isnt an option,  races are paid for and hotels booked
View Quote
How the hell did you pinch it bad enough to rip your finger open and require stitches?
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, doing the Ohio beast and sprint races. Michigan super to get my trifecta. Elite heats. I'll post pic of my finger
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#10]

http://imgur.com/gallery/P7y5Gry
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd use duct tape on the finger and maybe wear gloves on top.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I used a finger cot (any drug store will carry them by the bandages) when I had five stitches on my right thumb.

Finger cot than duct tape it.  Should hold long enough to finish the race.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My plan is liquid bandaid and electrical tape. Lol. I'm hoping with 4 days of healing, it would be starting to close. Worst case, I do the penalty burpees.  I did really good last year, so this was my first year signing up for the elite (competitive) heats. I told the doc what I was doing, he said I'd probably RIP them out, but try to keep it clean
View Quote
Wrap and gloves is the best way to go. I jusgt ran the Conquer the Gauntlet in Dallas this last weekend and have some seriously torn up hands
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Electrical tape and gloves sounds good.

Just not to tight that it cuts your circulation off.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Anything you do is still gonna suck.

Wear gloves and try and keep it dry underneath.

I'd even be tempted to bring some extra bandages with me if I was running it with a camelbak or had pockets. Toss em in a sandwich ziploc.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I survived 13 miles of mud and obstacles. My fingure stitches didnt rip open some how :)
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice! Good job ??
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I survived 13 miles of mud and obstacles. My fingure stitches didnt rip open some how :)
View Quote
Those 13 mile ones are brutal.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Ohio spartan was way harder than Michigan,  we just dont have the same terrain,  was brutally awesome
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Wrap it then tape the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Inner layer liquid bandage.  Middle layer electrical tape.  Outer layer Miller sports tape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top