Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 11/10/2018 7:23:33 PM EDT
I have always had dogs. Bought this house 16 years ago and there have always been dogs here.

Had to put down my 15 year old Dachshund yesterday. Still not over that.

Woke up and had to collect her bed, blankets and bowls through cloudy eyes.

She was the last. House feels weird and empty today. Had to get that out.

Khalua. She was a great dog.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
She would say, dad, go an adopt another pup, please.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear this. She was a cute pup.  Hope you think about giving another dog a good home.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, OP.

I lasted a month before getting a puppy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, OP.

I lasted a month before getting a puppy.
View Quote
Same here....  A house is not a home without a dog in it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
You have my most sincere condolences.  A though for you follows:

Dad,
I know you still have plenty of love left in you.  Please share it with another of my kind.  You were a great dog-dad, and your love will be appreciated and returned if you just give another dog a chance.

Lots of love,
Khalua
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dad,
I know you still have plenty of love left in you.  Please share it with another of my kind.  You were a great dog-dad, and your love will be appreciated and returned if you just give another dog a chance.

Lots of love,
Khalua
View Quote
you know Khalua is not happy there isn't another dog to watch over you the one she loves
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, we never make it more than a month after losing one, and not having at least one around.

Puppy time!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#8]
You folks are awesome.

Four year old granddaughter lives with us and she declared this morning “ we need a new puppy....or a kitty”.

Wife and I were thinking no more dogs but that’s not going to happen.
Going to adopt a puppy for the granddaughter to grow up with.

Murphy, Max, George, Bella and Khalua would approve.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad you’re planning on giving another pup a great home.

Myself, I can’t imagine life without a dog in residence. We were down to one for a couple years until we found the right puppy, and it seemed like our family was incomplete. Now, in the space of a year and a half we’ve gone from one to four. Two puppies purchased, and another one just showed up at the house yesterday. I like having four. It’s a good number.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for your loss.
Two dachshunds asleep next to me, snoring away.

Had many dog breeds before, never going back to any others, Daxies rule!

You've not lost a dog, you've just not found the next one yet...all we can do for them is give them the life they want to live, then repeat for as many times as we are able.
Hope another dachshund appears soon to take charge.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for your loss, OP. I just now rescued a dog after my buddy of 10 years passed on Memorial Day. I looked for awhile but wasn't ready.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry for your loss. Every home needs a dog...

Also, tagging for puppy pics.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:46:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Glad you’re planning on giving another pup a great home.

Myself, I can’t imagine life without a dog in residence. We were down to one for a couple years until we found the right puppy, and it seemed like our family was incomplete. Now, in the space of a year and a half we’ve gone from one to four. Two puppies purchased, and another one just showed up at the house yesterday. I like having four. It’s a good number.
View Quote
I prefer to get them in pairs myself.

The last time I took the current pair to the vet (their breeder also) to get some shots - I listed their names as 'Holy Crap' and 'Not Again' on the paperwork next to their real names. The Vet comes in to look them over and while looking at their paperwork 'calmly' calls their names out. "Holy Crap... Not Again..." she says. Neither dog even looks up at her and she commented about them not knowing their names. She told me I needed to work on that... Told her that they knew their names just fine but that she just didn't speak them 'correctly'.

Asked her to imagine coming in from outside to find the girls playing tug with her favorite jacket and say their names again...

At one point while there I made a comment about how I had forgot just how much puppies poop. The Vet laughed and asked me, "What, You don't have a poop eraser?"...

I replied, "Nope. Wish I did". Vet Lady says, "Hold on a minute, I'll go grab you one" - Comes back in short order and hands me one of these:

I did say something about how that was sort of small for the issues I was dealing with and she is 'supposed' to be getting me a few more in the proper size for Dobermans but this was all she had at the time...
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for your loss.
I've always had at least 1 dog, currently have 3
I will always have a dog.
Grandkid is right, update with pics
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Started a new thread, forgot to just update this one.
This is Cookie, she is a Boxspring.
Officially she is my granddaughters dog??
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Caleb approves

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I've put two dachshunds down.  The last one hurt the worst as she was only 6 years old.  Smart as all getout, she had an autoimmune disease that came over her just months before she was put down.  
My first made it to 16 years, 5 months before suffering a stroke.

I made it about 3 months before my puppy came.  I can't imagine not having a dachshund in my life.
I remember putting the blankets and bowls away and how much it bothered me not hearing any noises in the house.

Go find yourself another puppy.

The black dachshund in the photo was adopted from a rescue.

Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dad,

Lots of love,
Khalua
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Cookie will be named mush mush or something.

Only thing I know to bring a grown man down to baby talk is a puppy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/80279/E1955590-CCF4-4413-9888-7BC57A465588_jpeg-766680.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/80279/34C86BAA-DD6B-4ED0-BAEF-F9F040756DD1_jpeg-766681.JPG

Started a new thread, forgot to just update this one.
This is Cookie, she is a Boxspring.
Officially she is my granddaughters dog??
View Quote
Awesome!
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry OP.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top