[#1]
Like fucking clockwork.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like fucking clockwork.
View Quote

Yep. Can’t spill a million gallons of clean Bunny friendly electricity.  Fossil Fuels are the Orange Man bad of energy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Fpni
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep. Can’t spill a million gallons of clean Bunny friendly electricity.  Fossil Fuels are the Orange Man bad of energy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like fucking clockwork.

Mebbe so but you damn well can burn a goodly portion of the state down when lines go down due to weather or lack of infrastructure maintenance.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
How convenient
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#6]
In before the Warren Buffet oil train derailment.....Next to a scenic river of course.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#7]
They found the leak in August.  I wouldnt say its part of some grand conspiracy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Like fucking clockwork.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Like fucking clockwork.
View Quote

Just wait until they want to push gun control.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just wait until they want to push gun control.
View Quote

Yep. The NRA better burn their membership records before the state of NY takes them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Control:  media, schools, courts.  Now you own the country.  Decades of work coming to bear.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#13]
This is a few miles from me. It happened last summer
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL. The conspiracy post in here didn’t age too well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mecklenburg...A shithole of democrats. I know because I lived there 5 years.
View Quote

Amen brother!
(I couldn't move out of that state fast enough!)
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They found the leak in August.  I wouldnt say its part of some grand conspiracy.
View Quote
So when did you first hear of it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep. The NRA better burn their membership records before the state of NY takes them.
View Quote

Why would they burn them? That is some of their best revenue generating assets.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#20]
These pipeline ROW's are required to be inspected from the air or ground every 14 days. Somebody dropped the ball.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Well the good thing is gas will evaporate very well, plus what soaks in to the soil is not visible. So no pics of large areas of black crude oil. Thats probably why it was not national news at the time, nothing to show that ugly. Now they can just talk about it, because there is nothing to go see thats good tv.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So when did you first hear of it?
View Quote

Here’s the article from 5 months ago.  

https://www.fox46.com/news/u-s/north-carolina/mecklenburg-county/huntersville/gas-leak-forces-road-closures-in-huntersville/
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#23]
63,000 gallons, 1,100,000 gallons.  Tomato, tohmahto.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well the good thing is gas will evaporate very well, plus what soaks in to the soil is not visible. So no pics of large areas of black crude oil. Thats probably why it was not national news at the time, nothing to show that ugly. Now they can just talk about it, because there is nothing to go see thats good tv.
View Quote

In reality a refined products leak/spill has much more potential to damage the environment than a crude oil leak/spill of a similar size.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love how the GD tards go all wonky.....and don't read the links

And OP????  

He missed the BRAKING part
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mecklenburg...A shithole of democrats. I know because I lived there 5 years.
View Quote

Not all friend, 40 year resident

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In reality a refined products leak/spill has much more potential to damage the environment than a crude oil leak/spill of a similar size.
View Quote

Not disagreeing but I am saying they cant get good pics of large gas spill vs a large oil spill.

Think the beaches after valdes and think of a pic of a lake of gas. Very different images.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

To be fair it barely made the news locally, I only heard about it from somebody mentioning it in the local Reddit. It also happened in a fairly secluded area of the preserved and wasn't discovered until a month or two after it happened (I think by some random kids dirt biking through)
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#29]
anybody else notice the NC dept of environmental quality guy is Biden's nominee for EPA director because......... he's black?

In September, Michael Regan, then-secretary of the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality, said 273,000 gallons of gasoline spilled in Mecklenburg County’s Oehler Nature Preserve near Huntersville, The Charlotte Observer reported Thursday.
Regan was selected by then-President-elect Joe Biden to become head of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. He would be the first Black person to head the agency.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#30]
30 mins from me and never heard about it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Mother fucker I’m glad we (my company) are getting into wind farm work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not disagreeing but I am saying they cant get good pics of large gas spill vs a large oil spill.

Think the beaches after valdes and think of a pic of a lake of gas. Very different images.
View Quote

Now hire some local rednecks to cledan it up, in one case oyu get some wildlife getting sprayed with Dawn, in the other a redneck lit up a cig and you get a fuel air bomb half a county wide...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

So pretty much, btw. .heh heh, my math was bad. I don't remember the initial story.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Ops story says they recovered 661,000 gallons of gasoline
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Like fucking clockwork.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

, in the other a redneck lit up a cig and you get a fuel air bomb half a county wide...
View Quote

I would pay to see that from a mile away and at 10k feet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Happened last summer, but they just revised the scale of the leak by +20x.  So, this is what makes it new news.  I wouldn't want to be the guy delivering the revised findings.  Yikes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
anybody else notice the NC dept of environmental quality guy is Biden's nominee for EPA director because......... he's black?

View Quote

you mean the guy who initially lied about the extent of the spill?  yeah, i noticed that too.

and to ya'll downing the People's Republic of Mecklenburg County, I'm still here holding the line.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#39]

He wasn’t asking for proof that it happened months ago.

He was asking you when you heard about it on the news for the first time.

Between all of the other nonsense in the news,  I certainly never heard about it until today, which makes the timing of this article suspicious at best.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He wasn’t asking for proof that it happened months ago.

He was asking you when you heard about it on the news for the first time.

Between all of the other nonsense in the news,  I certainly never heard about it until today, which makes the timing of this article suspicious at best.
View Quote

I don’t care what he was asking me, or for your input on what he was asking me.  I was showing him that not everything is a conspiracy like some of the kooks around here believe.  

I’m also not surprised someone in Michigan wouldn’t hear some small local story about a gas spill in NC.  

Is it really hard to believe that a 5500 mile pipeline would spring a leak in a park in the middle of nowhere and it wouldn’t be noticed for a while?

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Like fucking clockwork.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#42]
How does the receiving end get shorted a million gallons and not bitch up a fucking shitstorm? The data from the pumping stations on either side of the leak should have been setting off alarm bells to anyone reading it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

you mean the guy who initially lied about the extent of the spill?  yeah, i noticed that too.

and to ya'll downing the People's Republic of Mecklenburg County, I'm still here holding the line.
View Quote

Did he actually lie about it or just spread erroneous information?  The article states he initially reported 273,000 gallons, and then the city said 63,000 gallons.  I’m assuming after looking at the scope of the cleanup the state said “hey this is more than 273,000 gallons” and then the company revised their numbers to over a million.

Was the company told to lie and boost up those rookie numbers?   Who knows, but I bet calculating how much gas is spilled into soil and water from a leaking line takes a while to figure out until you really start trying to clean it up.

I’m imagine they are removing a lot of dirt at the spill site.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How does the receiving end get shorted a million gallons and not bitch up a fucking shitstorm? The data from the pumping stations on either side of the leak should have been setting off alarm bells to anyone reading it.

Kharn
View Quote
it did.  they shut the pipeline down for a couple of days to repair.  There was a temporary shortage and prices were reflected.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#45]
That gas came out of the earth. I'm not going to lose much sleep about putting a little of it back into the earth. These things happen.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That gas came out of the earth. I'm not going to lose much sleep about putting a little of it back into the earth. These things happen.
View Quote
much of it evaporated.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#47]
That’s about a mile from where I grew up. It actually still smells like stale gas when you drive by.  Kids that found it on four wheelers thought they were driving through a creek.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

To be fair it barely made the news locally, I only heard about it from somebody mentioning it in the local Reddit. It also happened in a fairly secluded area of the preserved and wasn't discovered until a month or two after it happened (I think by some random kids dirt biking through)
View Quote

I don’t understand how they didn’t notice this.  That pipeline runs through Guilford County just a few miles from where I live and right behind the fire station I used to work at.  Within 100’ of the property line.

We always saw a Colonial Pipeline plane or helicopter flying the lines at lease once a week looking for leaks.  They keep the right of way mowed down and cleared so it’s not like they run through the woods at least in our area.  Maybe different in the preserve.

Also those lines are getting pretty old.  I’m not sure but I think they were installed in the late 60’s, early 70’s?  Not sure about that timeline.  I know there are 3 lines that run through here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top