Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 6:46:54 PM EDT
Hopefully This is the right place to ask. If I put a 14.5 on a pistol lower is it still a pistol, or is it a firearm given being over 26”?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It's most likely okay to put it on a pistol with a standard carbine length buffer tube.

As far as a 14.5 on a pistol, that's a pretty lazy way to do things. Better to get an extended flash hider (A1 or A2 style or even a SEI Vortex with the predrilled holes) would be a better idea so you can put it on your favorite lower without legal issues.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Send to ADCO and get it pinned and welded to 16"
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a machinist and have the tools to pin and weld . Just wondering if it’s still considered a pistol or a firearm if it’s over 26” . I’d like to keep it as a pistol so I can have it loaded in my vehicle since I have a ccw.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless you have a state law defining a pistol differently, it'd still be a pistol if it doesn't have a vertical grip or a stock. Only a pistol over 26" can become a firearm when a vertical foregrip is added. Without the grip, still a pistol though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you have a state law defining a pistol differently, it'd still be a pistol if it doesn't have a vertical grip or a stock. Only a pistol over 26" can become a firearm when a vertical foregrip is added. Without the grip, still a pistol though.
View Quote

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top