Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2018 3:57:25 PM EDT
"If you CAN bite, you generally don't HAVE to. When skillfully integrated, the ability to respond with aggression and violence decreases rather than increases the probability that actual aggression will become necessary" - Jordan Peterson - 12 rules for life

I'm reading 12 rules for life and this statement really stood out with the discussion about arming teachers to protect our kids.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
"If you CAN bite, you generally don't HAVE to. When skillfully integrated, the ability to respond with aggression and violence decreases rather than increases the probability that actual aggression will become necessary" - Jordan Peterson - 12 rules for life

I'm reading 12 rules for life and this statement really stood out with the discussion about arming teachers to protect our kids.
View Quote
Who?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who?
View Quote
one of his more famous recent interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
What's a teaccher?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, there's a lot in there that's relevant.

He talks about recognizing that all the horrible things people have done in history, were done by people, who were just like you. I think that's an important observation in these discussions, people don't believe what happened in Germany, or the USSR, or Mao's China, or a dozen other places in the last 100 years, can happen here. People can't think like a killer, because they hide that part of themselves from themselves. 20 people get killed with an AR and it's the AR they're afraid of.

Any adult male could force a school bus, kill the driver and all the kids with a framing hammer. Ability isn't the problem. I don't think most of these killers stop because they run out of ability, I think most of them run out of will.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

one of his more famous recent interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lol
View Quote
it was an enjoyable watch
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you cleaned your room OP?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have you cleaned your room OP?
View Quote
yes sir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBR5v89L6gk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top