Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:30:12 AM EDT
[#1]
They stuck us down with the Dakotas again.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:07:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
we'll be down to just one in January, don't know if we'll ever be able to take TN-9(Memhpis) though
View Quote

Giving it away doesn't work, because Mississippi doesn't want it, and Arkansas just replies "fuck no, we've got West Memphis".
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It boggles my mind how many democrats run un-apposed in smaller/local elections around my city.
View Quote

Nashville doesn't have primaries for local offices, and there is no requirement for candidates to give any indication what party they identify with.  The claim is that it reduces partisanship, but the reality is that it allows the local (liberal) news media and the democrat power brokers to pick who they want to win the election, and the remaining candidates become a group that most voters can't even remember their names.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 4:02:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah but there’s that Mittens guy across the hallway.
View Quote

We will fix that in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 4:20:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Minnesota will probably be entirely Dem within the next 2 elections. People here complain about crime and car jackings and then vote for idiots like Ellison as AG and worthless Gov Walz. I don't understand Scandinavian idiots. I laugh at them on nextdoor -  I'm glad they are getting carjacked and assaulted. They voted for it.
View Quote

Considering that's where the franken-ballot process was established, I'd question how many legitimate votes the commies get.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 4:42:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Enjoy it while you can; before all the California and New York immigrants move in and screw everything up.
View Quote

Haven ‘t seen prices on homes in utah? I saw a shack for 400k.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They're all too fucking cold for me to move to?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

After this years election I am starting to think we are getting the conservative refugees....
View Quote

Start thinking about the uniparty at the federal level & RINOs at the state & local.  Agent provocateurs are a thing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#9]
SC is close, we need to get Clyburn out. And at his age, I think this will be his last cycle.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Enjoy it while you can; before all the California and New York immigrants move in and screw everything up.
View Quote

Agreed, they are all leftists...

...Every. Single. One.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We will fix that in a couple of years.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ohio is going red to an extreme.

Tim Ryan didn't even win his hometown or his county.

Local Democrats are becoming Republicans.

We are blessed with a Sec of State that keeps everyone honest.  Frank LaRose

He will likely be our next AG.
View Quote

Nah fam, LaRose needs to run against Sherrod Brown in '24.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Assuming Alaska goes Republican, you're talking 30 House members total. I believe five of those states only have 1 representative each.

Those 11 states control about 6% of the House.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#14]
None of those states are "blessed" with a large urban city.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to think that here in Florida.  As it turns out, the conservatives were fed up and leaving.  We're redder now than ever.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#16]
We're 100%!

Granted, we only have one, so....
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here they will only settle in two counties that are already
blue anyway.  They won't move into the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#18]
In Wyoming we have a lot of RINOs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Minnesota will probably be entirely Dem within the next 2 elections. People here complain about crime and car jackings and then vote for idiots like Ellison as AG and worthless Gov Walz. I don't understand Scandinavian idiots. I laugh at them on nextdoor -  I'm glad they are getting carjacked and assaulted. They voted for it.
View Quote

I’m quite worried about the future of our gun rights with a dem majority in MN house, senate, and Gov.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Considering that's where the franken-ballot process was established, I'd question how many legitimate votes the commies get.
View Quote

In the twin cities? Nothing but white guilt and faggotry there.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Meh.  Give me a list with no dems in congress and an R guv and I'll be impressed.

UT is close but Mittens
WV is close but Joe Manchin
WY is close but Liz Cheney

AR makes the list!
IA makes the list (in Jan)!
ID makes the list!
ND makes the list!
NE makes the list (surprisingly!)
OK makes the list!
SD makes the list!
WY makes the list (in Jan)!
All these states also have R lt guvs, as well.

To me, this is a much more impressive list!
View Quote

Manchin is very likely done in the next election.  Getting played on pipeline permitting in exchange for voting for Pedo Joe's "inflation" bill may very well have been the final straw.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:Enjoy it while you can; before all the California and New York immigrants move in and screw everything up.
View Quote

Prior to buying my retirement home I looked at several dozen homes across the US.

One of the statistics I recorded was the voting results from the last five elections and I didn't find one location where they were voting more democrat year-after-year than republican. The Obama election did see a rise in democrat votes but not enough to overcome the republicans. I looked in the rural areas of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Texas, Indiana, and Michigan and between them likely about 30 counties worth of statistics.

The other thing I noticed now that I've voted both in the primaries and the mid-term election the lies you people have been telling about voting have been exposed. When I presented my ID card I mentioned that I was a new resident from California. They did not give me more ballots to vote. I looked my ballot over and there was one and only one republican candidate so where are the all RINOS that the soft republicans from California vote for on the ballot? Seems the Republican Party can count and put only one candidate on the ballot.

The general discussion needs to blame a boogie man because it can be their wives, friends, parents, and neighbors voting for liberalism.

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#23]
So no Californians moved to those states despite the cries and wailing going on from the brilliant people there?

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Gee, I wonder what those states have in common?
View Quote

4 of those have a single representative in the House, so, it's 100% to one party or another.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Do these states also have the best gun laws?
View Quote

MT is solid.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
we'll be down to just one in January, don't know if we'll ever be able to take TN-9(Memhpis) though
View Quote

We should just give Memphis to Arkansas. They probably wouldn't want it, though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So no Californians moved to those states despite the cries and wailing going on from the brilliant people there?

View Quote

Plenty.  Most just move to Jackson which is already blue and don't really move
the needle.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do these states also have the best gun laws?
View Quote

Wyoming is pretty decent.
Constitutional Carry
Castle Doctrine
Any action to enforce NFA laws by the feds is illegal
(Within some boundaries)
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's just your hippy relatives moving back to their shitty states after fucking this one for 70 years.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't see MD on that list
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We should just give Memphis to Arkansas. They probably wouldn't want it, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We sure as fuck dont. Already gonna have to bulldoze west memphis into the river if the balloon ever goes up and make sure memphis doesnt filter over.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm quite worried about the future of our gun rights with a dem majority in MN house, senate, and Gov.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm quite worried about the future of our gun rights with a dem majority in MN house, senate, and Gov.

Va got fucked in redistricting. I think even in Red wave years the Dems have a high likely hood of retaining both the house and senate. Youngkin will most likely be our last RINO governor as I'm pretty sure the Va Democrats have learned not to run a fuck up like Fast Terry 2.0 again. Va's SAFE act is all but assured in the next decade or so.
I don't get it. Parents all pissed off in NOVA about Tranny's raping girls, yet vote for the same assholes that allow trannys to rape girls in schools.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#35]
By the way, Arkansas is full.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And Oklahoma, I’m not sure we even have a dem in office for a statewide elected position
View Quote

Provenzano from Tulsa and probably some from OKC.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Manchin is very likely done in the next election.  Getting played on pipeline permitting in exchange for voting for Pedo Joe's "inflation" bill may very well have been the final straw.
View Quote

I was kind of surprised he didn't flip R.  Biden blatantly lied to him and fucked him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Prior to buying my retirement home I looked at several dozen homes across the US.

One of the statistics I recorded was the voting results from the last five elections and I didn't find one location where they were voting more democrat year-after-year than republican. The Obama election did see a rise in democrat votes but not enough to overcome the republicans. I looked in the rural areas of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Texas, Indiana, and Michigan and between them likely about 30 counties worth of statistics.

The other thing I noticed now that I've voted both in the primaries and the mid-term election the lies you people have been telling about voting have been exposed. When I presented my ID card I mentioned that I was a new resident from California. They did not give me more ballots to vote. I looked my ballot over and there was one and only one republican candidate The general discussion needs to blame a boogie man because it can be their wives, friends, parents, and neighbors voting for liberalism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The other thing I noticed now that I've voted both in the primaries and the mid-term election the lies you people have been telling about voting have been exposed. When I presented my ID card I mentioned that I was a new resident from California. They did not give me more ballots to vote. I looked my ballot over and there was one and only one republican candidate
so where are the all RINOS that the soft republicans from California vote for on the ballot? Seems the Republican Party can count and put only one candidate on the ballot.
The general discussion needs to blame a boogie man because it can be their wives, friends, parents, and neighbors voting for liberalism.
Californian retires, moves east to a rural area in another state, complains there are no RINOs to vote for.

Calls everyone who points out this trend a liar. (Californians don't vote Republican anyway.)
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was kind of surprised he didn't flip R.  Biden blatantly lied to him and fucked him.
View Quote

Never know me might just to save himself prior to '24.

Not like Manchin has any ethics.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No, Mittens is a D.  His record is so fucking egregious he deserves nothing less.  Manchin is more of a republican than that shitbird.
View Quote

Romney voted in line with Trump 75% of the time. Manchin was 50.4%.

Romney votes with Biden 57.1% of the time. Manchin is 89.1%.

Source: https://fivethirtyeight.com/
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Missouri sends two Dims to the House, and we'll need a helluva earthquake to change that situation.

Eight districts.

View Quote

It would require more than an earthquake.

District 1 (Cori Bush) is a guaranteed Democrat district. It’s one of the majority minority districts mandated by the Voting Rights Act.

There was some talk (and that’s all it was) about carving up the 5th during last year’s redirecting shitshow, but that was just a head fake for the folks who didn’t understand what was really going on.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#42]
39 short
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#43]
@Aimless

The growing, unchecked power of state legislatures.

State legislatures with veto-proof Republican or Democratic majorities after 2022 midterms; As of Nov. 18, 2022.
View Quote

Half of all state legislatures are on track to have veto-proof majorities, handing the party in power a historic level of control over elections, redistricting, abortion rights, gun laws and other major policies.
View Quote

Why it matters: Supermajorities often boast sweeping power to amend state constitutions and overrule governors. In Wisconsin, where Republicans fell barely short of a supermajority in the midterms, a governor's veto is the only check standing in the way of a statewide abortion ban.

Between the lines: The balance of power in state governments could be even more critical with the Supreme Court poised to weigh in on the "independent state legislature theory," a once-fringe doctrine that would give legislatures sole control over election and redistricting rules.

After the 2020 election, former President Trump and his allies sought to exploit the theory to allow GOP-controlled legislatures to overrule the popular vote in key battleground states.

Lawmakers in Kansas and North Carolina who have gerrymandered maps to favor Republicans have also cited the theory in an effort to block state courts from intervening.

What they're saying: Tom Wolf, deputy director at the Brennan Center's Democracy Program, called the independent state legislature theory and expanded veto-proof majorities "a perfect storm" that would erode "democratic controls and accountability for actions of state legislatures."

At its core, the independent state legislature theory "is about melting down the system of checks and balances at the state level that helps ensure that we have democratic, representative and responsive government," Wolf said.

What to watch: Before the midterms, 21 states had veto-proof majorities, a vote margin that varies by state. At least 25 are poised to have supermajorities.

That would give Republicans veto-proof majorities in 17 states and Democrats in nine, including New York, where results are still coming in.

Vermont, Delaware, Illinois, Florida and Ohio are projected to be added to the list, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

While supermajorities aren't always necessary when the party in power also holds the governor's mansion, even the threat of a veto "transfers significant policymaking power to state lawmakers," NCSL's Ben Williams writes.

Vermont, Kentucky and Kansas have veto-proof majorities along with a governor of the opposing party, increasing the possibility that the legislature would have the opportunity to flex its veto override, according to Ballotpedia.

By the numbers: After a decade of Republican dominance, Democrats finally started clawing back control of state governments in this year's midterms. With results still coming in, Republicans control 57 out of 98 state chambers, while Democrats control 40.

Alaska results are still pending, and Nebraska's unicameral chamber is nonpartisan, though unofficially controlled by Republicans.

Democrats grew the number of states where they have total control   both legislative chambers and the governor's seat   from 14 to 17. They also have total control in the District of Columbia. Republicans' state trifectas declined from 24 to 22, with Alaska still pending.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

the needle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the needle.

Plus, WY has a total population growth of under 1200 people in the last 3 years.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Socialists are socialist first" -  Rush Limbaugh
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm so glad you all hate Utah.

Just stay the fuck out.
View Quote

Where's the fucking like button when I need it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top