Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Put the logs on the side

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#10]
It's looking great.  Are you going to put it on any kind of a display base or diorama?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's looking great.  Are you going to put it on any kind of a display base or diorama?
View Quote

Probably
Maybe some bombed out buildings
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Vey nice and impressive.  

Did Sherman's have camo back then or is the paint representative of mud and dirt?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Vey nice and impressive.  

Did Sherman's have camo back then or is the paint representative of mud and dirt?
View Quote

@dedreckon

I’m doing the movie tank which had od and black camo. Not sure if that was authentic
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@dedreckon

I’m doing the movie tank which had od and black camo. Not sure if that was authentic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vey nice and impressive.  

@dedreckon

Some units in the ETO had the od/black camo scheme. 9th Armored did.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Once again arfcom costs me money. Just bought this kit for display

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#16]
So uh... when's the Tiger I thread?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So uh... when's the Tiger I thread?
View Quote

In the stash
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Very cool.??????
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9749/d331fabe8ff00d03f5d5f3d61681db7c-2252230.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vey nice and impressive.  

@dedreckon

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9749/d331fabe8ff00d03f5d5f3d61681db7c-2252230.jpg

Cool, never knew that or seen that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for sharing OP.  That's neat AF.

I'm going to leave this thread now, before I pick up ANOTHER hobby
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Very nice work…those metal tracks are a lot of work. I have some for a Maus I dread assembling ….. hurry up though, we are waiting on you in the field

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Very nice work…those metal tracks are a lot of work. I have some for a Maus I dread assembling ….. hurry up though, we are waiting on you in the field

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43372/FE0CDAF0-5D96-4DDC-8824-08C86A79EDDC_jpe-2301277.JPG
View Quote

What a superior build! The detail is amazing! Others should look at this tank as an example. Great Vampir site.

I am somewhat saddened though that there is no commissars body strapped to the front of it.  

Getting time for me to build a Tiger from Heavy 502.. in case the Panther needs some real backup..
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What do you use for mud?
View Quote

AK interactive makes all kinds of terrain affects now that come in a jar. Mud, dirt, dried mud, water, snow, concrete, asphalt, etc.

I just got done finishing this with some of their snow. And they have different kinds of snow. I use the ground effects and then the micro balloons to make it look like snow that has just fallen.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

AK interactive makes all kinds of terrain affects now that come in a jar. Mud, dirt, dried mud, water, snow, concrete, asphalt, etc.

I just got done finishing this with some of their snow. And they have different kinds of snow. I use the ground effects and then the micro balloons to make it look like snow that has just fallen.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20220219_191851-2301334.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you use for mud?

That looks very good…… nice effects!… I’ve used the snow before……. It works pretty well. Most of the time for caked mud I use putty and other mediums but I will give the AK stuff a look see

Did you ever build that plane with the decals I told you about?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That looks very good…… nice effects!… I’ve used the snow before……. It works pretty well. Most of the time for caked mud I use putty and other mediums but I will give the AK stuff a look see

View Quote

Thanks... the AK interactive stuff is really easy to use. Especially the mud stuff.

As for the airplane it is still sitting on the to do stash LOL
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thanks... the AK interactive stuff is really easy to use. Especially the mud stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t feel bad…….. I have a large stack of “to do” projects as well to finish
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Don’t feel bad…….. I have a large stack of “to do” projects as well to finish
View Quote

I have a whole closet downstairs that's filled with kits...

Lately I've moved over to doing armor and figures.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow ive been out of modelling for a long time. That snow effect looks amazing.  Very nice models you guys all have.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wow ive been out of modelling for a long time. That snow effect looks amazing.  Very nice models you guys all have.
View Quote

I'm 55. I've been building models for 47 years. My son is 23 and he's been building them since he was about 7. I keep telling him that this is a glorious time to get into Scale Models because there is so much aftermarket stuff that back even 25 years ago you had to scratch build. Between resin and photo etch, the outstanding terrain stuff from AK interactive and the quality of the paints and not to mention some of the kits out there nowadays, it's pretty much sky's the limit when it comes to plastic scale modeling.

And I'll tell you the truth I am learning new stuff everyday. New techniques new ways to try to be as realistic as possible. I have learned new stuff every time I build something
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm 55. I've been building models for 47 years. My son is 23 and he's been building them since he was about 7. I keep telling him that this is a glorious time to get into Scale Models because there is so much aftermarket stuff that back even 25 years ago you had to scratch build. Between resin and photo etch, the outstanding terrain stuff from AK interactive and the quality of the paints and not to mention some of the kits out there nowadays, it's pretty much sky's the limit when it comes to plastic scale modeling.

And I'll tell you the truth I am learning new stuff everyday. New techniques new ways to try to be as realistic as possible. I have learned new stuff every time I build something
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true..............new techniques and new media come up every day, and it's sometimes overwhelming to take it all in............but its alot of fun

Figures were something I was never that good at............I cut my teeth on sci-fi and spacecraft
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Very true..............new techniques and new media come up every day, and it's sometimes overwhelming to take it all in............but its alot of fun

Figures were something I was never that good at............I cut my teeth on sci-fi and spacecraft
View Quote

I was almost the same. I did my work on Armor and spaceships. I was terrible at figures and I mean terrible but about a year ago I decided that I was going to start learning how to paint figures and it is a steep learning curve, but what I'm producing now figure wise is way way better than what I used to do
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I was almost the same. I did my work on Armor and spaceships. I was terrible at figures and I mean terrible but about a year ago I decided that I was going to start learning how to paint figures and it is a steep learning curve, but what I'm producing now figure wise is way way better than what I used to do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eventually I will branch into them.............my grail models are a large scale Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with full interior and lighting, and a Yamato with lights and working fiber optic Wave Motion Gun
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Eventually I will branch into them.............my grail models are a large scale Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with full interior and lighting, and a Yamato with lights and working fiber optic Wave Motion Gun
View Quote

I have the huge Star Trek Klingon K'tinga battle cruiser with light kit that is sitting on the shelf ready for paint.

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have the huge Star Trek Klingon K'tinga battle cruiser with light kit that is sitting on the shelf ready for paint.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20220212_215559-2301742.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20220212_215559-2301742.jpg

Very nice……… the lighting kit really set it off

I was building Maschinen Krieger kits until they became ungodly expensive
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Very nice……… the lighting kit really set it off

I was building Maschinen Krieger kits until they became ungodly expensive
View Quote

Thx.. I hope to shoot paint on it sometime here when it gets a little warmer where I can open up the garage and have the room to paint that beast.

I built one of those Krieger kits and wanted to build more but like you I passed on it because of the cost.

Oscardeuce sorry about the thread hijack, we gots to talkin... and it kind of just kept going
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What do you use for mud?
View Quote

@cyclone

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#42]

I just bought some of that today.................going to try it on the Panther Ausf D command tank I am building
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#44]
When will people start modeling these?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Not sure a true Fury kit exists being an M4A2E8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top