Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2021 1:45:59 PM EDT
This is going to sound dumb but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to find posts I have made in the past. Do I need to upgrade my membership?  I have a feeling the answer is obvious, yet it escapes me. I did read the assorted help files located elsewhere, as well as code of conduct. this did not answer my question.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Google

"TheLookingGlass" site:ar15.com
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
A basic Bronze membership will give you the "green arrows" on a thread.
That shows you've clicked on it before and will go to the last post read.
I use it as a starting point to find my posts. In an epic, fast moving thread that adds pages quickly, you may have trouble.

More expensive memberships give better access to your posts (I think).
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you eracer that helps but it only finds about 40% of my previous posts.  

Powderfinger, this is what I am thinking too. This feature is probably disabled for basic accounts.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Powderfinger, this is what I am thinking too. This feature is probably disabled for basic accounts.
View Quote

It is. $24 gets you an entry level Bronze account.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Go into a thread and there's a Subscribe button in the upper right area you can click on.  Then go to your subscriptions list and you'll see your threads https://www.ar15.com/forums/subscriptions.html.  That's the link I save in the browser favorites.  Problem I notice though is the Subscribe button is not always there in some forums, including the Tech Support forum for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder if archived posts have been moved to some other super secret server that can't be googled.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Once a thread goes to archive the usernames are removed from the post. This would make them unable to be searched.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Once a thread goes to archive the usernames are removed from the post. This would make them unable to be searched.
View Quote

So THAT's why I couldn't ARFsearch Archives for my posts.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay, so, did anyone ever figure out how to find our old posts? You can’t search the archive for usernames and google is useless now since they seem to have removed the username from archive posts.  Some of my old posts had threads with info in them that is still relevant to me.

I could swear i used to have a signature on my posts but that seems to be gone now, too, so I can’t even search for that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m looking into buying a membership in order to solve this problem. There are a lot of (sometimes redundant) subforums on this site that make it somewhat complicated to remember where to find discussions that I’m a participant in.

For finding my own post history, do the higher cost memberships do anything that Bronze doesn’t?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’m looking into buying a membership in order to solve this problem. There are a lot of (sometimes redundant) subforums on this site that make it somewhat complicated to remember where to find discussions that I’m a participant in.

For finding my own post history, do the higher cost memberships do anything that Bronze doesn’t?
View Quote

I'm a paying member and I can't find any of my old stuff
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats….. lame. Just lame.

Other thread like this one
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:23:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In days like these on a site like this, it's frustrating but it makes sense.  I probably said things 10 years ago that I wouldn't say today, and if you can search for them by name, others can too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In days like these on a site like this, it's frustrating but it makes sense.  I probably said things 10 years ago that I wouldn't say today, and if you can search for them by name, others can too.
View Quote

Yeah well I don't give a crap if people search for it.  I wish I could find my old threads.  There was a lot of good info in some of them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:27:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah well I don't give a crap if people search for it.  I wish I could find my old threads.  There was a lot of good info in some of them.
View Quote

Try the google search, except instead of searching for your screen name, try to remember some unique words or phrase you might have used in the post.  That may help you find a specific thread, though yeah, I miss the ability to browse.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Try the google search, except instead of searching for your screen name, try to remember some unique words or phrase you might have used in the post.  That may help you find a specific thread, though yeah, I miss the ability to browse.
View Quote

I've tried that as well, from time to time.  Without much luck.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Count me in as another who wishes they would add back a function to at least be able to see your OWN posting history, all the way back in the archives. The username data may still be on the servers, it just isn't being displayed? I don't know how all that works, specifically. But I'm in the same boat, made some posts years ago about my grandfather's WWII service and not sure I'm able to find all of them.

@GoatBoy, any input?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a membership. No problem there; I don’t mind supporting. Another poster asked a question today that I answered for someone like a month ago. No problem…I’ll just find my previous post. Copy-pasta is easy enough, and I don’t mind helping.

Yeah, fuck no. That shit is in the fucking ether.  Google couldn’t find it, either.

So, his question will have to be answered by someone else, because I’m not providing a list via typing again, and if this is still a problem when my renewal comes up, I simply won’t.

This is not a problem on M4Carbine, or Reddit. Or e-mail. Or pretty much any electronic platform that I’m familiar with. If I can’t even recover what I say, what’s the point? Might as well be facebook.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I won’t be renewing either.  Paying doesn’t really do any good when I can’t find anything.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I won’t be renewing either.  Paying doesn’t really do any good when I can’t find anything.
View Quote

It’d probably be easier if it wasn’t also so compartmented.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top