User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree it's unlikely but I also thought it was unlikely that Ford was going to actually release a Bronco that wasn't something like a rebadged Ford Escape.  At this point anything is possible
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those rumors have been around ever since the gen2 raptor came out.  Even if the raptor gets a v8 again, which is unlikely, the Bronco would be even more unlikely to get one.  Considering this is based on the ranger platform, and the supposed US ranger raptor will get the 2.7 the bronco actually getting the 2.7 more or less confirms that in my mind.  I would imagine any raptor version of the bronco would get a tuned 2.7 in it. Which shouldn't be a disappointment. 2.7s with a tune make some very good power, get better mpg(which is needed for cafe), weigh less, and as we know from Jeep will be easier to deal with crash ratings and cooling.
I agree it's unlikely but I also thought it was unlikely that Ford was going to actually release a Bronco that wasn't something like a rebadged Ford Escape.  At this point anything is possible

I agree with you guys, I was just stating the rumors. I don't think a V8 Bronco is likely (or necessary for that matter) but I didn't really expect the 2.7 either so I won't write it off completely.

From a packaging aspect the 7.3l becomes interesting as that pushrod V8 will fit in tighter spots than Fords DOHC engines. Although I doubt Ford would just plop the Super Duty version in.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fugly ass wanna be poser shit, just like that Toyota abomination land cruiser. Ford nor Toyota had the balls to do what needed to be done in regards to drivetrain to knock the wrangler off the top. Ifs will always suck, and they don't have the jeep heritage. In summary; lol.
View Quote

Wow.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I agree with you guys, I was just stating the rumors. I don't think a V8 Bronco is likely (or necessary for that matter) but I didn't really expect the 2.7 either so I won't write it off completely.

From a packaging aspect the 7.3l becomes interesting as that pushrod V8 will fit in tighter spots than Fords DOHC engines. Although I doubt Ford would just plop the Super Duty version in.
View Quote
If I had a choice between the 5.0 and the 7.3 (tuned differently than the SD obviously) I'd want the 7.3.  Just because I think a 445 ci pushrod V8 in such a little vehicle is badass, and probably better suited to offroad use anyway than the 5.0 (torque curve).

Which would be truer to roots, a twin cam of 302 displacement or a pushrod "big block."

I know I'd rather have a Gen 1 Bronco with a 428 stuffed into it than a 302
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Just put a deposit down on a 4dr Black Diamond. Will also get 35s+ lockers.

I'm a bit worried about the D44 axles with 35s, but we'll see.

Cyber orange is bad ass.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haha I can’t argue with that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody find any pricing on the sasquatch package?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looking at the Ford site it lists the towing capacity at 3500 for the 2.7 v6, is that right?  My wifes Subaru has a towing capacity of 3500 lbs.

I would be reserving a Bronco right now if it weren't for that.  My boat fueled and loaded tops 4000 lbs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fucking love everything about this except one thing....the 7 speed can't be paired with the 2.7.  I REALLY wanted the 7 spd/2.7 ecoboost combo.  I have a boat I need to tow.  It's not huge, but I really want a manual and I really want the 2.7 for the extra towing umph.  I have an F-250 as well, but I don't want to have to use that to tow my boat.
Looking at the Ford site it lists the towing capacity at 3500 for the 2.7 v6, is that right?  My wifes Subaru has a towing capacity of 3500 lbs.

I would be reserving a Bronco right now if it weren't for that.  My boat fueled and loaded tops 4000 lbs.

Yeah, I was expecting more like 5000 lbs on the 4 door at least. My boat is probably right about at the 3500 lb limit.

I wonder if there will be an add-on or accessory tow package to bump it up a bit.  I'm sure the drivetrain could easily handle 5k, limiting factor is probably in the suspension or mounting.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Those rumors have been around ever since the gen2 raptor came out.  Even if the raptor gets a v8 again, which is unlikely, the Bronco would be even more unlikely to get one.  Considering this is based on the ranger platform, and the supposed US ranger raptor will get the 2.7 the bronco actually getting the 2.7 more or less confirms that in my mind.  I would imagine any raptor version of the bronco would get a tuned 2.7 in it. Which shouldn’t be a disappointment. 2.7s with a tune make some very good power, get better mpg(which is needed for cafe), weigh less, and as we know from Jeep will be easier to deal with crash ratings and cooling.
View Quote

The only reason that the Raptor MIGHT get a v8 is the TRX competition. The same reason Jeepers have a v8 option in the works...competition.

If Jeep sells tons of the 6.4l v8, Ford will find a way to stuff a v8 in the Bronco. Believe it or not, the 7.3 isn’t that much larger or heavier than the 3.5 considering the displacement difference. That said, I love the 3.5 HO with a tune and am happy virtually every time I drive it.

I agree on the 2.7. With a tune, it’s a beast for the size.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I like jeeps and fjs. This thing looks awesome and I'm pretty excited about it. Regarding the 7 speed manual, it says that transmission has a crawler gear. So it's basically a 6 speed for highway use with a granny gear for off road, does that sound about right?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Man the Jeep guys are almost as angry as their angry face grill covers.

View Quote

That's because they are mostly high school girls, not guys.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anybody find any pricing on the sasquatch package?
View Quote
No every time I try to go to the build page only the Sport thing is available.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like jeeps and fjs. This thing looks awesome and I'm pretty excited about it. Regarding the 7 speed manual, it says that transmission has a crawler gear. So it's basically a 6 speed for highway use with a granny gear for off road, does that sound about right?
View Quote

Yes exactly right.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes exactly right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes exactly right.

Yeah, the Crawler gear is specifically designed for off-road and not to be used as part of daily driving.

You have to shift through reverse to even get to it, it won't ever be part of a daily driving shift pattern.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey the doggie door is neat.

What are the wires from the roof over the hood?
View Quote

Limb risers
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cyber orange is bad ass.
View Quote

Will be fine on 35s. I would look into reinforcements for peace of mind going higher than that though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you can't see it, then you ain't looking very hard. The design copy is pretty easy to point out.
View Quote

Lol go look at a 66-77 Bronco. It's obviously much more akin to the original early Bronco than Jeep like you're trying to claim.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man the Jeep guys are almost as angry as their angry face grill covers.

??
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So fucking excited for this. I've been looking for a vehicle to replace my 4th gen 4Runner. I looked at buying a new one a few times, but it just felt like a side-grade with the same boring old motor and interior. For the price, it was hard to justify.

Ford listened with this thing. You can get 35s and lockers on even a base trim truck.

Will purchase/10
View Quote

I'm 2 years from my next vehicle purchase and it will likely be a 2 door 2.3/7spd bronco with the 35s as long as they dont fall apart. Here's hoping.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was expecting more like 5000 lbs on the 4 door at least. My boat is probably right about at the 3500 lb limit.

I wonder if there will be an add-on or accessory tow package to bump it up a bit.  I'm sure the drivetrain could easily handle 5k, limiting factor is probably in the suspension or mounting.
View Quote
I think it's the mounting it's a class 2 trailer hitch.  I put in an order for a black diamond 4-door.  I will just replace the hitch, not planning on hauling any real distances mile or two at the most, so should not be an issue.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, the Crawler gear is specifically designed for off-road and not to be used as part of daily driving.

You have to shift through reverse to even get to it, it won't ever be part of a daily driving shift pattern.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes exactly right.

Fuck yes. When I first heard it might get a 7 speed manual I was afraid they were trying to get even narrower shift intervals than a 6 speed for power band/fuel economy purposes, and the 6 speed is already enough work rowing through the gears. This sounds really good.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I would be VERY tempted if they offered a NA V8 in the 2 door. I probably would buy one.

Not interested in any EB motor.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's revenge for you guys sending us the Cortina...
View Quote

Lotus cortinas are awesome.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#24]
It's a flop. Only the higher trim 4 doors have power seats as an option.

Okay, it's not a big deal, but higher trim level 2 doors without power seats, come on.It's a freaking option.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:30:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Gonna sit out the first year for the kinks and better options to arrive, then I'm in for a two door.  Been waiting wayyyyy too long for this.  And lol at cheapjeep or whatever his name is.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:33:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not interested in any EB motor.
View Quote

You hate power and torque, even at high altitudes?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:47:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Order placed.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:49:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My grandmother had one,  loved it,  but she had a mechanic who could keep it running.   Fortunately when she died,  there had been a collector in her neighborhood who would leave her his card about once a year if she wanted to sell it,  so my dad found his card and sold it to him.  Didn't need ANOTHER mid-60's Ford to try to maintain.

ETA: I'm referring to the English built Ford Cortinas.
View Quote

There were ford cortina built by lotus with better engines, suspension, and a bunch of lightweight aluminum stuff. Pretty cool cars back in the day.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 1:51:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Cyber orange is bad ass.
View Quote

My man. We could be friends if you got Antimatter Blue but still a solid choice. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Those rumors have been around ever since the gen2 raptor came out.  Even if the raptor gets a v8 again, which is unlikely, the Bronco would be even more unlikely to get one.  Considering this is based on the ranger platform, and the supposed US ranger raptor will get the 2.7 the bronco actually getting the 2.7 more or less confirms that in my mind.  I would imagine any raptor version of the bronco would get a tuned 2.7 in it. Which shouldn’t be a disappointment. 2.7s with a tune make some very good power, get better mpg(which is needed for cafe), weigh less, and as we know from Jeep will be easier to deal with crash ratings and cooling.
View Quote

All the rest might be true, but i doubt the 2.7 iron block with two turbos and the rest of the piping is less than the all aluminum 5.0.

Nit picking and all that, I would still buy a 5.0 bronco over whatever else they have.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Cyber orange is bad ass.
View Quote

Sasquatch version is getting a SFA D44 axle?!

Wow!!  35’s should be fine..
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Cyber orange is bad ass.
View Quote

I rock 35's with a a cherokee d30 in my 5.0l ranger. It will be fine. Most of the ram 1500's everyone loves came with 35's and a shitty cast member 44.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top