Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/13/2021 10:37:41 PM EDT
A federal judge in Washington has repeatedly sentenced people who stormed the U.S. Capitol to more prison time than prosecutors sought, saying that even people who were not violent should face consequences for joining the unprecedented assault.

In the past week, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan has imposed sentences ranging from 14 to 45 days on four people who pleaded guilty to unlawful parading and picketing inside the Capitol building on Jan. 6  a misdemeanor offense.

"There have to be consequences for participating in an attempted violent overthrow of the government, beyond sitting at home," Chutkan said at one of the hearings.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/there-have-be-consequences-judge-ups-sentences-us-capitol-rioters-2021-10-13/?utm_source=reddit.com

Yep Obama Judge and even is married to another Obama Judge
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]
and yet we are expected to watch antifa burn cities to the ground.
shits going to boil over very soon if this pace keeps up
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
A violent overthrow of the government?

What a fucking clown.

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Has it been proven, in any of these individual cases, that ANYONE's intention on that day was to "overthrow the government"?  

Seems to me, people being charged with trespassing and the like doesn't infer what this 'judge' is trying to. Sorry, you don't get to sentence someone based on what you think their motivation was with no evidence thereof.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A federal judge in Washington has repeatedly sentenced people who stormed the U.S. Capitol to more prison time than prosecutors sought, saying that even people who were not violent should face consequences for joining the unprecedented assault.

In the past week, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan has imposed sentences ranging from 14 to 45 days on four people who pleaded guilty to unlawful parading and picketing inside the Capitol building on Jan. 6  a misdemeanor offense.

"There have to be consequences for participating in an attempted violent overthrow of the government, beyond sitting at home," Chutkan said at one of the hearings.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/there-have-be-consequences-judge-ups-sentences-us-capitol-rioters-2021-10-13/?utm_source=reddit.com

View Quote

Fuck commies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has it been proven, in any of these individual cases, that ANYONE's intention on that day was to "overthrow the government"?  

Seems to me, people being charged with trespassing and the like doesn't infer what this 'judge' is trying to. Sorry, you don't get to sentence someone based on what you think their motivation was with no evidence thereof.
View Quote

Exactly. And if she REALLY believes it was an attempt at a "violent overthrow," wouldn't she pass down a sentence longer than one measured in days?

(Yes, I just assumed its gender).
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Were all the antifa arrested for rioting in DC on Trumps inauguration given the same sentences? What about the liberals at SCOTUS during Kavanaugh?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#9]
"There have to be consequences."  I hope one day those words are directed at her, when her judge sentences her for crimes against the people and the Constitution.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Smuggling guns to drug cartels and using the irs as a political weapon did not even rate being charged with a crime. Clown world.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Only God can judge.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Funny. Mob storms the Capital Building Jan 6 and you'd think they had torches, pitchforks, and were burning people alive.

2020, violent mobs attack Secret Service trying storm the White House, and it was just peaceful protesting.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Were all the antifa arrested for rioting in DC on Trumps inauguration given the same sentences? What about the liberals at SCOTUS during Kavanaugh?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Long time since I looked at federal criminal procedure.  Here in state court I can boot a judge off the case no questions asked (once) providing the motion is made prior to the judge ruling on any issues.  Seems like that would be appropriate here for anyone else charged assuming such a thing is available in the federal system.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#16]
"Tanya Chutkan"

'Nuff said....

What law school and/or bar exam is producing such garbage?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#17]
"guilty to unlawful parading and picketing inside the Capitol building on Jan. 6  a misdemeanor offense."

Um, how do these two things go together?

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would be REALLY SAD if someone who is very internet savvy would find and post their home address for all the world to see.  That would be absolutely terrible.  I really hope nobody does that.  Seriously...
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#19]
setting the example that this type of activity will not be tolerated for the tax cows.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#20]
These non-violent trespassers have been in jail since January

Political prisoners
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#21]
What's the point of a plea deal then? Someone should take a case to trial.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#22]
The lesson here seems to be "make it count next time. "
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#23]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"There have to be consequences."  I hope one day those words are directed at her, when her judge sentences her for crimes against the people and the Constitution.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Political prisoners
View Quote

so many got 45 days jail. the time servedin excess, is that credited to their account so they can partake in a few more capitol overthrows?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Only God can judge.
View Quote

Ya, maybe so but sometimes
that meeting needs to be
arranged early.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are so many people in our government that have no idea of what lies ahead for them when they have to answer for their actions.

I take solace in knowing that they will be held accountable.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Remember that when someone says, “you’ll get your day in court”.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What's the point of a plea deal then? Someone should take a case to trial.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Smuggling guns to drug cartels and using the irs as a political weapon did not even rate being charged with a crime. Clown world.
View Quote

Or destroying blackberrys. Having illegal private email servers. Destroying records.  Destroying documents. Lying to Congress. Fabricating false evidence.

There are so many more examples it would take all night to list them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Political prisoners
View Quote

that is exactly what they are
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh just quit. If nobody has taken action by this point nobody ever will.

Jesus these neverending line in the sand posts piss me the fuck off. We're well past the point we said we'd "do something" not that long ago.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A violent overthrow of the government?

What a fucking clown.

View Quote

Weaponless coupe is scarey.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#37]
So if its an attempt to violently overthrow the government, why is the prison sentence 45 days? Seems pretty light, considering the crime that the judge claims.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Moronical. Maniacal..
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I hope her colon has a violent overthrow.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#40]
The People's Court is going to severely punish thought crimes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s hilarious.  

Her sentence should come from the people.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So if its an attempt to violently overthrow the government, why is the prison sentence 45 days? Seems pretty light, considering the crime that the judge claims.
View Quote

I could easily do 45 days in jail. Not a problem. If this is the bar being set for "violent attempted overthrow", I say set the bar.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Jesus these neverending line in the sand posts piss me the fuck off. We're well past the point we said we'd "do something" not that long ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to disagree with you. I don’t anymore.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"guilty to unlawful parading and picketing inside the Capitol building on Jan. 6  a misdemeanor offense."

Um, how do these two things go together?

View Quote
They don't and they're nearing maximum sentencing guidelines so they're trying to make as much of a scene before they are forced to start letting people go on their own recognizance. I wantnto know if these people were denied bail and if so under what excuse since they're mostly misdemeanors.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#45]
I bet judge Tonya Chutkin has an adress.
Bet it ain't hard to find.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Insurrection/ violent overthrow of the government...with no weapons.  lol fucking clown world.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Jesus motherfucking Christ, please tell your father to send the moon into this planet and restart the ant farm. This one has gone insane and evil!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#50]
How many CIs are going to jail...?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top