User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't say that. Did you?

Make your own decisions on how management may see your performance.. Shitting or not shitting, on or off of the clock.
View Quote

If management is tracking your bowel movements, they are literally up your ass.

Of course, I don’t sit on the can browsing memes all day either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude used his personal car as a hearse to haul his mom's body from several states away.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If management is tracking your bowel movements, they are literally up your ass.

Of course, I don’t sit on the can browsing memes all day either.
View Quote

No doubt. I am glad I don't work for someone that does that either, BUT, many do, do that.. Especially smaller employers.

I just shit at home, before a shower but after a shave so it is a non issue for me.

There are many lazy fucks out there, which was my point.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

“If it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown, flush it down”.
View Quote

No, there is no mellow.

Kids, flush and wash your hands.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My stepmom was ultra cheap.  One time she was going to make oatmeal raisin cookies but discovered that sugar ants had gotten into the oatmeal.  So she spread out the oatmeal onto a a cookie sheet and baked it at a low temp for a while to kill the ants.  Then did her best to filter the dead ants out before making the cookies.  No, I did not eat any cookies.
View Quote

Don’t be a weenie.  I would eat the shit outta some ant cookies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dude used his personal car as a hearse to haul his mom's body from several states away.
View Quote

I don’t anticipate this, but I know of several bodies that have been transported via flatbed. Is there regulation concerning transport of mortal remains to their final resting place?  A casket loaded up like a Thule is not what I expect to do, but I’d hate to outsource any service I might duly provide myself.

It’s not from being cheap. It’s from knowing more than one person who has made coffins for family. Having done so much for me, I would hate to do any less than I may give myself.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Out of state transport for deceased people can be very expensive.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:59:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Out of state transport for deceased people can be very expensive.
View Quote

I understand.

Dude in question absolutely had (has) the means and his action was (and whole realm of continued life choices still is) motivated entirely from selfishness rather than selflessness.

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Used to have a fishing buddy who was the cheapest person I’d ever seen.
A few things he would do:
Go to the trash dumpster at the boat ramp to look for baggies of bait(usually shrimp) that had been discarded.
He refused to buy live bait. So he would have these reeking bags of half rotten goo.  I finally told him you are not bringing that stinking mess on my boat.
He would steal paper napkins from fast food places. Then bitch at anyone who used more than one napkin at his kitchen table.
I’d pick him up early in the mornings to go fish at his house. He would have a pot of coffee making. He wouldn’t offer me any. He would also takes the grounds and spread them out to dry on a baking sheet. Then reuse them the next day.
He would turn on the hot water heater. He showered with water at ambient temp. Only when it was really cold would he turn on the central heat. A/C was never on.
He smoked cigs. He was always bitching about the cost of cigs. When I would tell him to stop smoking the things purely for the cost savings he would go to roaring and screaming. He lived a short distance outside a small town. Every other day he would drive to town to buy a single pack of cigs at the nearest stop&rob store. Of course a pack of cigs there was the most expensive place in the county to get them. Going further out to get them cost too much gasoline you understand. We had another mutual friend who had a relative who could get cigs for extremely low cost but had to be bought in large quantities to get the discount. Something like $500 and you got a pallets worth of boxes. Ol Cheap-o would start yelling about $500. Well you’d have a years or more worth of cigs for 1/3 of the cost your spending now. It came down to he was scared he would smoke them all up. His paying $10 per pack every other day was his way of “controlling” his smoking.
One day the three of us went fishing at a new to us lake. As we were driving thru a town near the lake we saw a BBQ place. After we finished fishing myself and mutual friend thought let us stop and try the place. Ol Cheap-O got all upset about paying a bbq sammich. He actually refused to come inside and sat in the truck while the two of us went in and had a quick plate of bbq.
I could go on  
I finally told the cheap fuck to get lost.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:05:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Used to have a fishing buddy who was the cheapest person I’d ever seen.
A few things he would do:
Go to the trash dumpster at the boat ramp to look for baggies of bait(usually shrimp) that had been discarded.
He refused to buy live bait. So he would have these reeking bags of half rotten goo.  I finally told him you are not bringing that stinking mess on my boat.
He would steal paper napkins from fast food places. Then bitch at anyone who used more than one napkin at his kitchen table.
I’d pick him up early in the mornings to go fish at his house. He would have a pot of coffee making. He wouldn’t offer me any. He would also takes the grounds and spread them out to dry on a baking sheet. Then reuse them the next day.
He would turn on the hot water heater. He showered with water at ambient temp. Only when it was really cold would he turn on the central heat. A/C was never on.
He smoked cigs. He was always bitching about the cost of cigs. When I would tell him to stop smoking the things purely for the cost savings he would go to roaring and screaming. He lived a short distance outside a small town. Every other day he would drive to town to buy a single pack of cigs at the nearest stop&rob store. Of course a pack of cigs there was the most expensive place in the county to get them. Going further out to get them cost too much gasoline you understand. We had another mutual friend who had a relative who could get cigs for extremely low cost but had to be bought in large quantities to get the discount. Something like $500 and you got a pallets worth of boxes. Ol Cheap-o would start yelling about $500. Well you’d have a years or more worth of cigs for 1/3 of the cost your spending now. It came down to he was scared he would smoke them all up. His paying $10 per pack every other day was his way of “controlling” his smoking.
One day the three of us went fishing at a new to us lake. As we were driving thru a town near the lake we saw a BBQ place. After we finished fishing myself and mutual friend thought let us stop and try the place. Ol Cheap-O got all upset about paying a bbq sammich. He actually refused to come inside and sat in the truck while the two of us went in and had a quick plate of bbq.
I could go on  
I finally told the cheap fuck to get lost.  
View Quote

Sounds familiar.  The work shitter I referenced previously was also a sort of shooting/hunting/fishing buddy as well.  Super tight bastard.  I vividly remember stopping at a local restaurant known for great burgers with him after a range trip.  He sulked the entire time at the thought of spending seven bucks on a burger and fries.  He thought the dollar menu at McDonald’s was high dining.  Quit hanging with him after I figured out what he was all about.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The type of car really makes a difference here. Tossed in the trunk of some 80s barge? Economy!

Propped up riding shotgun in a miata? Creepy!
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Had an old truck that killed the batteries, spent almost 2 months just plugging a charger in everywhere I parked. It was enough to convince me that the ev life isn't for me
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Had an old truck that killed the batteries, spent almost 2 months just plugging a charger in everywhere I parked. It was enough to convince me that the ev life isn't for me
View Quote

When I was 18 my truck had a flywheel with chewed up teeth and would eat starter gears.
At home the driveway to barn was a hill so I parked at top and popped clutch to start.
I went to tech school that had a similar driveway and did same.
At work I parked on the street that had a slight incline so I had to push a little to get the truck rolling then jump in.

I finally fixed it myself, not expensive but a PIA on a 4x4 truck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When I was 18 my truck had a flywheel with chewed up teeth and would eat starter gears.
At home the driveway to barn was a hill so I parked at top and popped clutch to start.
At work I parked on the street that had a slight incline so I had to push a little to get the truck rolling then jump in.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got in a pretty good wreck back in 1998, but my truck was still drivable. The other party didn't have insurance and I only had liability. I could't afford to get a shop to work on it, so I opted to fix it myself. I scoured every junkyard in the area to get a complete front clip for my 1991 Dodge Dakota. I found the parts I needed on three separate trucks, so I bought the parts I needed. Grill, Headlights, radiatior, fan, core support, bumper, mounting brackets, hood, front and left body panels. Took me a few weeks to get the parts, disassemble my truck, and reassemble. I painted all the body panels to match my truck in my driveway, and it actually turned out ok.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#15]
My truck has a parasitic drain.
I chased it down to the radio and dashboard circuits.  Rather than wire a switch in for both, I just DC the battery when I am stopped for more than a hour.  
My buddy came over to go help setup tree stands.  He laughed at my startup procedure.
“Houston are we go for launch!!”
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first car was $50, plus tax, tag, title, and about $100 worth of parts from the local pic-and-pull. Cut the rusted out, rotted spare tire well out of the trunk and replaced it with a piece of plywood cut to fit the bottom of the trunk, and a piece of old living-room carpet to cover the plywood. It had some weird random no-start issue in which the starter would simply do nothing when the key was turned, as if the battery was dead, except that you would not even hear the "click" of the solenoid. However, if I got it rolling enough to pop the clutch in 2nd gear, I could then turn the key and the starter would engage normally.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My mom does that. I've told her I'd give her a dollar to just fill up at the nearest station and not worry about it and she refuses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've heard people will actually drive across town to save $0.03 a gallon on gas. Shit blows my mind.

My mom does that. I've told her I'd give her a dollar to just fill up at the nearest station and not worry about it and she refuses.

My father in law would drive 20 plus miles across three towns to get gas ten cents cheaper.   When I tried explaining he was spending the savings on driving there he just kept repeating “it’s cheaper!”

He also use to sit in his house with all the lights off in the evening and watch traffic go by on the main road for entertainment.  The main road was about 100+ yards down his dead end street with a tiny viewing angle.  He also would wear a harbor freight headlamp to walk around the house with instead of turning on lights at night.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#18]
then ya get to scope out hte new talent!!! wheres that at? denver (suburb)?  i tried that in wichita but it still cost money and toooooooooooook foooooooorrrrrrreeeeeeeeevvvvvveeeeerr.  maybe they werent ready for the heat...

everything i do is cheap.  

building a "T-hangar" right now.  40' opening, imagineered steel header.  into it for $4k only at moment...thought i would only be like $800 so htats alot. and thats mainly the new steel header and other 2x2 for curve (double quonset kinda) using (used)grain bin tin
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Knew a guy that would drink the bong piss to get high when he ran out of weed.
View Quote

Definitely not addictive though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I used to laugh at my ultra-cheap grandfather for this, but I'm sure there are some blue shop towels drying in my garage at this very moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife does this, along with drying out and reusing paper towels that were only used to wipe water from the counter. She grew up poor.

I used to laugh at my ultra-cheap grandfather for this, but I'm sure there are some blue shop towels drying in my garage at this very moment.

i just dont buy em.  thats just dumb.   because think of the tweakin out thats gonna happen when folks DONT reuuse em!?!?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
then ya get to scope out hte new talent!!! wheres that at? denver (suburb)?  i tried that in wichita but it still cost money and toooooooooooook foooooooorrrrrrreeeeeeeeevvvvvveeeeerr.  maybe they werent ready for the heat...

everything i do is cheap.  

building a "T-hangar" right now.  40' opening, imagineered steel header.  into it for $4k only at moment...thought i would only be like $800 so htats alot. and thats mainly the new steel header and other 2x2 for curve (double quonset kinda) using (used)grain bin tin
View Quote
I take it you also saved money on English language lessons at some point in your life?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top