Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 725
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joker0609:

thats what im seeing too. wondering if its a rollback or clearance and if its eligible for lay away and wait. lol
View Quote

I think lay-a-way starts on Friday and I think you can put just about anything on it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

Employer? Pffft... fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.
View Quote

Yep.  Ultimately, that's their employer, no?
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By officerX:

I think lay-a-way starts on Friday and I think you can put just about anything on it.
View Quote

I didnt think clearanced items could be put on layaway officially.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DaTrueDave:

Yep.  Ultimately, that's their employer, no?
View Quote

No it's the people in the street who own walmart shares..  if the board/management is aware of wide scale employee fraud it is
encumbent on them to deal with it so that the shareholders get the maximum dividend.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:29:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KeepEmLegal] [#5]
Attachment Attached File

Here’s a few gold upc’s.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:44:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wm69] [#6]
View Quote

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=931601236

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=54898309

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=647635712

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=431653366

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=700781952

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=54898312
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Which rail / rings did we decide to use on the Axis rifles that didn’t come with a scope.....?

I got one each 30-06 and .308 plus a pair of the Leupold 4-12.

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Joker0609] [#8]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
Which rail / rings did we decide to use on the Axis rifles that didn’t come with a scope.....?

View Quote

I picked up leupold one piece picitiny rail and had a set of their medium rings for my 50mm scope. worked out perfect.

I was gonna get the EGW picitiny rail but my local FFL had the other in stock so i got it for same price.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

What's the return on something like that?
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Depends greatly how you sell it. General rule is:

Figure up the total gold value (10k*spot +14k*spot + 18k*spot), then multiply by .8 to get the "sell it at a cash for gold" place rate. They'll usually take 10-20 percent in my experience anyways. It might be possible to sell the pieces individually on ebay or FB but that's a tough market. Unless it's something like a fancy wedding set or ring I won't personally try. But when I do I can usually turn a 100 ring into a 200-300 dollar sale.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rez-Exelon:
Depends greatly how you sell it. General rule is:

Figure up the total gold value (10k*spot +14k*spot + 18k*spot), then multiply by .8 to get the "sell it at a cash for gold" place rate. They'll usually take 10-20 percent in my experience anyways. It might be possible to sell the pieces individually on ebay or FB but that's a tough market. Unless it's something like a fancy wedding set or ring I won't personally try. But when I do I can usually turn a 100 ring into a 200-300 dollar sale.
View Quote

The Cash for Gold places I've seen were taking 40-50%, not even close to 10-20.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mitsudriver:
So I had an employee freely discuss the fuckery that goes on. Asked about a gun and he thought it was showing on stock but was on hold.  Turns out it was Marion’s gun. Asked about 2 more and they were Eli’s.

So, he proceeds to tell me that the inventory shown online on sites like brickseek doesn’t take guns on hold out of the system (we all know this already).  But then he starts to talk about how employees see a gun start to clearance and fill out a 4473 but don’t pay for the gun. It’s held for 30 days for the employee unable to be sold to anyone else. If the price doesn’t go down they don’t “pick it up”. They then fill out another 4473 for the same gun so it’s held for another 30 days waiting on the price drop.

They just rinse and repeat until the final markdown then “pick it up”.  

Not “fair” as a consumer but, I’d probably do the same thing.
View Quote

That's bullshit.

That kinda thing costs the company money, so if they get caught doing it they ought to be fired on the spot.

I lurked through my local Walmart today.  Still showing a couple of Savages and two Henrys in stock, but they're on NICS hold.  I was going to ask my "walmart girlfriend" how long they were on hold, but she wasn't there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:35:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tidal] [#13]
on the online rebate form

there are three photo upload categories.

the receipt I understand

UPC images

Pictures of Product Package

I also have the same issue with UPC of receipt not matching the box UPC. I am entering the receipt UPC so far on my form with the "K" end designation.

I have two barcode stickers on my boxes. One is the rectangular large white label. the other is a small Yellow with an orange sticker. Which one am I submitting a picture of and to what categories?

do they want actual box pictures for Product Pictures?

EDT : pics of both box ends

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:42:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eric496] [#14]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:

View Quote

I used the Weaver base on my clearance .308. There's nothing wrong with it. Cheap base for a cheap gun.

The EGW base on my Savage 220 is nice.

Egw sits a higher so go with Weaver if you want low.

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BadMonk:

The Cash for Gold places I've seen were taking 40-50%, not even close to 10-20.
View Quote

Might be my area, but it also pays to shop around. I routinely use one place because they give a referral bonus if you sell more than 250 at a time. I initially selected them because they were only taking 20% off the top. Then there were two other quotes I got at the same rate in my area so the referral program sold it. So I make a deal with friends that they keep the bonus if they dump it for me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Starting August 28th through December 14th, 2020, Walmart stores are offering their convenient Holiday Layaway for in-store purchases only.  Last year I was able to put clearance items in layaway without any issues but it may vary by store.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tidal:

there are three photo upload categories .

the receipt I understand

UPC images

I also have the same issue with UPC of receipt not matching the box UPC. I am entering the receipt UPC so far on my form with the "K" end designation.

I have two barcode stickers on my boxes. One is the rectangular large white label. the other is a small Yellow with an orange sticker. Which one am I submitting a picture of and to what categories?

View Quote

I entered the actual UPC off the box and submitted the pic of the UPC label on the box as UPC. Then I submitted the opposite end label as the packaging. We'll see if they accept it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 5:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackmore] [#18]

the receipt I understand

UPC images

https://i.imgur.com/7NyfsNX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GNszqne.jpg
View Quote

I submitted a copy of the actual Wal-Mart receipt. Then for the UPC, I submitted pictures of each boxend with UPCs on them checking that they matched - which they did. Then for the picture of packaging, I took a picture of the closed empty box and a picture of the box open with the accessories but not the rifle in it and submitted those.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dealman:

Starting August 28th through December 14th, 2020, Walmart stores are offering their convenient Holiday Layaway for in-store purchases only.  Last year I was able to put clearance items in layaway without any issues but it may vary by store.
View Quote

So all those clearanced firearms running the 30 day nics scam are now going to switched to layaway... gotta love how walmart finances their employees side deals.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By wm69:

That's bullshit.

That kinda thing costs the company money, so if they get caught doing it they ought to be fired on the spot.

I lurked through my local Walmart today.  Still showing a couple of Savages and two Henrys in stock, but they're on NICS hold.  I was going to ask my "walmart girlfriend" how long they were on hold, but she wasn't there.
View Quote

Is it 30 days exactly from the time the 4473 was filled out and background check called in?
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Did you ask them to tell you how many the firearms system shows in stock?
View Quote
I did and they were being shady but it's been a few weeks and they are still there so I assume they are on a NICS delay at this point. It's a two hour drive so I haven't bothered to go back.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#22]
This thread has been great fun to read, and I found some nice gun deals here. Thanks to all!

I missed out on the Remington 700s, though - if anyone has one they don't want, hit me up (I need the action).
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KeepEmLegal] [#23]

the receipt I understand

UPC images

https://i.imgur.com/7NyfsNX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GNszqne.jpg
View Quote

Enter the upc as it appears on the box, use the WM, receipt, and just snap a couple of long pics of the box. These guys aren’t looking for a reason to deny your rebate, just making sure it’s legit.

If you have “family members” submitting for rebates also, make sure to use a different device and WiFi. I helped a family member submit an ammo rebate and their rebate was denied (cited as coming from same IP address)last year until they contacted the rebator and explained I helped them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RVAguy] [#24]
View Quote

Thank you. That's the primer I needed for searching.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:31:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey y’all I’m still looking for a few CRKT SPEWS, if anyone stumbles on some please keep me in mind. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Wish me luck, sitting in a folding chair waiting for a local store to open. They have many clearance guns and this morning is the first sale day post their Covid no gun sales. I’m buying as many as they will sell me. Pictures to follow.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Tvk1994:
Greetings!

Been lurking on the forum for a few weeks after generically searching "walmart clearance guns" and ending up here.

Figured I'd introduce myself and express how thankful I am for those who post these links. With that being said, I have a few experiences to share. All together, I've purchased four firearms this time around, have one on a pending background check, and I'm going to fill the paperwork out on the sixth and final one tomorrow.

Savage axis synthetic in .308 - $175
Ruger takedown - $184
Mossberg 535 - $169
Mossberg 535 - $69 (learned my lesson here)
Remington 700 youth in .243 - $99 (pending background)
Ruger takedown - $260 (current price, will wait for drops)

To those of you who are just getting started, definitely wait for drops and anticipate those drops. I passed on a $399 Henry in .44 because it wasn't worth it to me. Had I filled out the paperwork on it at the same place that I got the first Ruger and waited four more days, I would have paid $169 for it and $84 for the Ruger.

I live in Illinois and we have a mandatory 72-hour hold on firearm purchases so most places are accommodating if you come back in a couple weeks.

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks again for all the contributions that people make here!
View Quote

welcome to the club.

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#31]

$154 all around here.

Bushnell 6-18x50 Trophy Matte Multi-x Sf Riflescope
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joker0609:
What are you guys seeing this scope drop down to at the low point?

MSRP: $220.03
SKU: 49839140

$154 all around here.

same here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 6:57:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Realdealoo8:
Wish me luck, sitting in a folding chair waiting for a local store to open. They have many clearance guns and this morning is the first sale day post their Covid no gun sales. I’m buying as many as they will sell me. Pictures to follow.
View Quote

that's the spirit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Good luck!  I went looking for some scraps yesterday but came up empty.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Good luck!  I went looking for some scraps yesterday but came up empty.
View Quote

And now the bs begins, the store manager is saying only one gun per person. So much for first come first served. I called corporate they said they back the store managers decision.  WTF. so much for sitting out side two hours before the store opened
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#35]

And now the bs begins, the store manager is saying only one gun per person. So much for first come first served. I called corporate they said they back the store managers decision.  WTF. so much for sitting out side two hours before the store opened
View Quote

That’s ridiculous.  How many in line behind you?
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I hate that power trip bullshit.  "I'M only going to let you buy x number".  Some arbitrary number pulled out of the managers ass.  I've never really pushed it, because they have the right to just deny you outright, but have never gotten a clear answer when I've asked why.  Usually just a repeat of "That's all i'm going to allow you to get".
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I am number one in line of 5 people. They have 15 plus guns clearances here marked down to the lowest price. I argued with the manager to allow 2-3 per person she says no. Only one
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

This is their current stock of clearance
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#40]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/329336/4913F465-FDBE-4E46-95F8-D183FD3EE3BC_jpe-1561691.JPG

This is their current stock of clearance
View Quote

Obviously the Henry is the best deal. Sorry to hear that you are restricted to one firearm only.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#41]

I hate that power trip bullshit.  "I'M only going to let you buy x number".  Some arbitrary number pulled out of the managers ass.  I've never really pushed it, because they have the right to just deny you outright, but have never gotten a clear answer when I've asked why.  Usually just a repeat of "That's all i'm going to allow you to get".
View Quote

I got restricted to 2 clearance guns last week. I strongly suspect it had to do with the fact that there were 3 employees behind me in line. That's probably the case here too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#42]

So all those clearanced firearms running the 30 day nics scam are now going to switched to layaway... gotta love how walmart finances their employees side deals.
View Quote

I was in a Walmart last week that did layaways on guns with 50% down. The dept manager basically came out and admitted it's mostly used for employees to buy guns. They don't publicize the fact that they do layaways. I only found out because they told me a gun I wanted was on layaway and I told them I didn't think layaways had started yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Had that happen with a manager I know persponally. He is a client of our company in a different role. Anyway, when he found out about clearance guns. He limited us to 2 guns a piece a think it was. He wanted everyone to have a chance at them, or wanted a chance at them himself when he was off work. Not sure. He was not going to let someone buy them all right there. I guess it is his right as a store manager if he wants to try and spread the joy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#44]
So it was a long and hard fought Walmart battle this morning, the store assistant manager is the one who created the snowflake idea of one per person, named Kathy that I think is a different spelling of Karen, was a total pia. I fought through her and got to the store manager, who was more polite but stuck with the one per person idea so I don’t buy something someone else may have wanted after much back and forth, she raised the limit to 2. My friend was with me so I left him the 357 Henry as I have one already. I chose the 308 Savage hard wood, and the savage axis 223 heavy barrel. So it wasn’t a loss but should have been better. Zero guns in the case and they worked off the hand written inventory sheet I posted. At least none were on hold or layaway like others experienced.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Got denied on my Savage rebate.

Denial reasons are purchased outside of rebate period and no retailer name on receipt.

My receipt was a reprint since I lost my original one and I bought on 7/31.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 4FishLimit:

Denial reasons are purchased outside of rebate period and no retailer name on receipt.

View Quote

I'd try it again.  If you used a credit/debit card, include a printout of the card charge from your card issuer/bank showing it was at Walmart.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Brickseek has always, in my experience, matched what the store inventory system says.  But that doesn’t take into account the we can’t find it, it’s not right, or it’s not updated excuses.  It has always matched what pops up on their inventory system when they scan the bar codes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BadMonk:

Most store managers would promote employees doing that to customer pretty quickly.  Definitely the exception and not the rule.

People need to stop taking Brickseek as gospel and realize that the actual firearm inventory in the store is the only inventory system that has to be accurate.

Brickseek has always, in my experience, matched what the store inventory system says.  But that doesn’t take into account the we can’t find it, it’s not right, or it’s not updated excuses.  It has always matched what pops up on their inventory system when they scan the bar codes.

Saw this on the Gaming Laptops.  Brick Seek shows THREE of them in my local Wal-Mart.

Printed out the UPC Scan code - had a manager (different department) Scan it and Wal-Marts internal system shows THREE of them there.

However the department manager can't find any of those $1,600 lap tops (so her deparment is short $4,800 on three missing items) but it seems like no big deal to her.

I asked to talk to the Store Manager and she wasn't available.  I asked to speak with the acting Store Manager - also not available .   The Only "Manager" available is the electronics gal who tells me they "lost" the three computers...

uh-huh...  & she'd like to sell me a pair of Bridges in San Francisco and another pair in New York City...

I'd bet a Dollar to a Donut, that they are hidden in the back to be "found' when she she sends some of her family or friends in to buy them...
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#48]
So it was a long and hard fought Walmart battle this morning, the store assistant manager is the one who created the snowflake idea of one per person, named Kathy that I think is a different spelling of Karen, was a total pia. I fought through her and got to the store manager, who was more polite but stuck with the one per person idea so I don’t buy something someone else may have wanted after much back and forth, she raised the limit to 2. My friend was with me so I left him the 357 Henry as I have one already. I chose the 308 Savage hard wood, and the savage axis 223 heavy barrel. So it wasn’t a loss but should have been better. Zero guns in the case and they worked off the hand written inventory sheet I posted. At least none were on hold or layaway like others experienced.
View Quote

You fought a good fight and you gained a little ground.  Well done!  If you have time, go back tomorrow and see if there are any left.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#49]

You fought a good fight and you gained a little ground.  Well done!  If you have time, go back tomorrow and see if there are any left.
View Quote

That is the plan, by my guess there should be 10 plus left from that list. I am sending you a pm. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#50]

I'd try it again.  If you used a credit/debit card, include a printout of the card charge from your card issuer/bank showing it was at Walmart.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4FishLimit:

That's actually not a bad idea, I'll give it a go.

Page / 725
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top