Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 232
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I guess Omar Vizquel isn't getting into the HoF. Some minor league former autistic bat boy is suing him for sexual harassment. Plus his ex-wife is saying he slapped her around. No way he gets in with the current political climate.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/08/08/omar-vizquel-accused-sexual-assault-autistic-batboy

At least he didn't nail the bat boy on his driveway and then say it doesn't count because he didn't put it all the way in, unlike some players I know.

View Quote

Outside of Cleveland, I don't think there are many people who considered Omar a HOF player. It's hard to get there based on longevity alone without a nice peak.

Although double digit Gold Gloves does put him in rarefied air.

Even as an Indians fan I'd say Lofton deserves it more than Omar.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Outside of Cleveland, I don't think there are many people who considered Omar a HOF player. It's hard to get there based on longevity alone without a nice peak.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I guess Omar Vizquel isn't getting into the HoF. Some minor league former autistic bat boy is suing him for sexual harassment. Plus his ex-wife is saying he slapped her around. No way he gets in with the current political climate.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/08/08/omar-vizquel-accused-sexual-assault-autistic-batboy

At least he didn't nail the bat boy on his driveway and then say it doesn't count because he didn't put it all the way in, unlike some players I know.

I agree that Kenny Lofton should be in, but that's neither here nor there. I never though Omar really was a HoF caliber players (a hundred Gold Gloves not withstanding), but given the current climate even if he was a HoF player there is no chance he'd get elected to it. He's just too toxic in this environment.

And I think that's the big issue here: what someone does off the field shouldn't matter when it comes to getting in (except cheating in all its myriad forms).

Of course that opens up the Pete Rose can of worms, but fuck him.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I agree that Kenny Lofton should be in, but that's neither here nor there. I never though Omar really was a HoF caliber players (a hundred Gold Gloves not withstanding), but given the current climate even if he was a HoF player there is no chance he'd get elected to it. He's just too toxic in this environment.

And I think that's the big issue here: what someone does off the field shouldn't matter when it comes to getting in (except cheating in all its myriad forms).

Of course that opens up the Pete Rose can of worms, but fuck him.
View Quote

He was never gonna get it anyways. Regardless of this.

guilty until proven innocent culture running rampant. Yes I agree with you of course.

but I'm not sure this is an example of that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

See Curt Shilling
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

See Curt Shilling
View Quote
Yup.

When the voters are woke (and they are ALL woke), you can rest assured that anything which is contrary to the Marxist Agenda is going to be poison.

However, sex with young boys is a part of the Marxist agenda, so maybe Visquel will get a pass.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

See Curt Shilling
View Quote

He is a perfect example of one who is certainly a Hall of Famer that is getting fucked due to political reasons.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Steve have they found the cobra?
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:29:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Damn, Trea Turner is fast!
View Quote

Dude is quick for sure!
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But  Ned doesn't turn back for home until AFTER the first cowboy had been killed, and  by then he's already in for a Penny, in for a Pound. Little Bill doesn't do anything with Ned to see if he knows anything about the murder and/or other bounty hunters in the area.

Munny wants revenge, Little Bill wants to stop the killings, but somehow Little Bill is the bad guy in the film because he does what is necessary to keep the bloodshed to a minimum and barring that bring murders to justice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will die on the hill that this movie is one million times better than Tombstone.

Tombstone is an action movie set in the old west.  

Unforgiven is a western.

I like them both

I think Unforgiven is almost the anti-Western. I know it's been called a deconstruction of the Western, whatever that means, by film people. But one of the underlying themes in Westerns seem to be upright men forced to make hard moral choices to bring peace to their community. William Munny's only moral decision is the order in which to kill folks.

Meanwhile, Little Bill only lays down asswhippings on English Bob, Munny, and Ned to keep illegal killings out of his town. He's a hard but fair man who just wants to keep the peace.

If it had been about the whores asking for justice and Munny being outraged and that setting him in motion only to find a corrupt sheriff or something, that would have been a different story. Instead, he and Ned were after the bounties and Munny turned into a killing machine only for revenge.

It's a good film nonetheless.

you guys both got good points. KB, i'd argue little bill really fucked up in killing Ned. ned caused no threat at that point and was just trying to go home. and munny let him know he fucked up.

But  Ned doesn't turn back for home until AFTER the first cowboy had been killed, and  by then he's already in for a Penny, in for a Pound. Little Bill doesn't do anything with Ned to see if he knows anything about the murder and/or other bounty hunters in the area.

Munny wants revenge, Little Bill wants to stop the killings, but somehow Little Bill is the bad guy in the film because he does what is necessary to keep the bloodshed to a minimum and barring that bring murders to justice.

Little bill also didn’t do shit to the guys that cut up the hooker. He’s just trying to keep his boys happy and in charge. I’d argue he doesn’t care so much about justice, he cares about power more.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:27:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Dead lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey Steve have they found the cobra?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

They also retired Halliday's number today.

And this from Wikipedia:

An autopsy report by the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner's Office released in January 2018 revealed that Halladay's blood contained morphine, hydromorphone, amphetamine, fluoxetine (an antidepressant), baclofen (a muscle relaxant), and zolpidem (a sleep aid sold under the brand name Ambien).[10] According to forensic pathologist Burr Hartman, "He had a drug combination similar to a speedball. He was impaired by these drugs. It was definitely not safe for him to fly an airplane."[109] On April 15, 2020, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) released a report stating that in addition to the drugs, Halladay was executing aerobatics including steep climbs and turns, and the plane sometimes came within 5 feet (1.5 m) of the water before a final climb caused its speed to fall to 85 mph (137 km/h), after which it nosedived into the sea and Halladay was killed by blunt force trauma and drowning.[110][111] The NTSB determined the probable cause of the crash to be the "pilot's improper decision to perform aggressive, low-altitude maneuvers due to his impairment from the use of multiple psychoactive substances, which resulted in a loss of control".[112]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Halladay#Death

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Reds sweep Pittsburgh.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Reds sweep Pittsburgh.

View Quote

Couldn't help us out at all?
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Today's win over the Tigers marks the 6th consecutive season win against them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And this from Wikipedia:

An autopsy report by the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner's Office released in January 2018 revealed that Halladay's blood contained morphine, hydromorphone, amphetamine, fluoxetine (an antidepressant), baclofen (a muscle relaxant), and zolpidem (a sleep aid sold under the brand name Ambien).[10] According to forensic pathologist Burr Hartman, "He had a drug combination similar to a speedball. He was impaired by these drugs. It was definitely not safe for him to fly an airplane."[109] On April 15, 2020, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) released a report stating that in addition to the drugs, Halladay was executing aerobatics including steep climbs and turns, and the plane sometimes came within 5 feet (1.5 m) of the water before a final climb caused its speed to fall to 85 mph (137 km/h), after which it nosedived into the sea and Halladay was killed by blunt force trauma and drowning.[110][111] The NTSB determined the probable cause of the crash to be the "pilot's improper decision to perform aggressive, low-altitude maneuvers due to his impairment from the use of multiple psychoactive substances, which resulted in a loss of control".[112]

https://i.imgur.com/5dmb8Ed.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this from Wikipedia:

https://i.imgur.com/5dmb8Ed.gif

Good god.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Reds sweep Pittsburgh.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey, don't forget that today is a couple of big anniversaries.

8/8/88 was the day they tried the first night game at Wrigley only for God to say no.

More importantly, 8/8/88 is the date Straight Outta Compton dropped.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Good thing the Yankees made all those trades. Now they’re only 6.5 games back rather than 7.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good thing the Yankees made all those trades. Now they’re only 6.5 games back rather than 7.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good thing the Yankees made all those trades. Now they're only 6.5 games back rather than 7.
View Quote

hate to see it
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#25]
What happened in Denver? All I can make out is a fan supposedly yelled a racial slur at Miami's Lewis Brinson and now there are investigations, tweets, outrage, righteous indignation, but no details.

The whole world needs to grow a thicker skin.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Suddenly an investigation had been opened on every fan that's been to Fenway in history
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Suddenly an investigation had been opened on every fan that's been to Fenway in history
View Quote

I've been to Fenway several times, often times drunk, Irish-y, and possibly (definitely) yelling slurs at someone, including us Micks..

Welp, there go  my chances for being President.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've been to Fenway several times, often times drunk, Irish-y, and possibly (definitely) yelling slurs at someone, including us Micks..

View Quote

Not if you run as a Democrat. You can campaign in blackface if you like.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll run in Mass. as a long lost Kennedy scion.

"Aye, 'tis true I'm a drunk, a racist, a womanizer, and a bootlegging murderer, but I've never voted Republican. Can my opponent say the same?

This November vote kb. He's one of us."
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

"Aye, 'tis true I'm a drunk, a racist, a womanizer, and a bootlegging murderer, but I've never voted Republican. Can my opponent say the same?

View Quote

Wear this shirt and I’ll donate to you

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wear this shirt and I’ll donate to you

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66/82BF1053-A00C-4240-A274-900460D60DFB_jpe-2045894.JPG

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What happened in Denver? All I can make out is a fan supposedly yelled a racial slur at Miami's Lewis Brinson and now there are investigations, tweets, outrage, righteous indignation, but no details.

View Quote

https://twitter.com/JGrayy_/status/1424532282463985665?s=19
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:56:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Some are saying the fan was yelling at the Rockies mascot Dinger and did not say a racial slur.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:59:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Some are saying the fan was yelling at the Rockies mascot Dinger and did not say a racial slur.
View Quote

Even if that’s true it’s more of a story to say he’s a racist. He’s toast.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://twitter.com/JGrayy_/status/1424532282463985665?s=19

Ah okay. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember that woman that caught a lifetime ban at Wrigley for making the OK sign with her hand because 4chan trolled the world into thinking it meant "White Power" instead of "OK" or "Made you look"?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Remember that woman that caught a lifetime ban at Wrigley for making the OK sign with her hand because 4chan trolled the world into thinking it meant "White Power" instead of "OK" or "Made you look"?
View Quote

Exactly, the mob has spoken.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:18:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:15:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Not with uniparty left in charge.

Though on a separate note, my two older children have both seen, appreciated and recommended that movie for others edification on the retardation of racism. Fork the left and their bs readjustments to society.

And WTF is the tag every base on your way back rule? Guess I skipped alot of MLB rulez in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:10:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Lol idk man that does NOT sound like dinger to me. He clearly starts with a N and moves the d and changes it to a g.

How funny this happened in CO where the all star game was moved to combat racism.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How funny this happened in CO where the all star game was moved to combat racism.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Lol idk man that does NOT sound like dinger to me. He clearly starts with a N and moves the d and changes it to a g.

View Quote

https://twitter.com/vrhysta/status/1424577233432236038

Not only is he saying dinger, he is looking right at dinger and pointing to him
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The more I watch and think about it, he probably is yelling at the mascot. I think more evidence has surfaced to prove that. I mean cmon, it’s 2021, who would be so dumb to yell N***** that loud at a damn ball game!!??

Actually, I’m sure a lot of people would be that dumb
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The more I watch and think about it, he probably is yelling at the mascot. I think more evidence has surfaced to prove that. I mean cmon, it's 2021, who would be so dumb to yell N***** that loud at a damn ball game!!??

Actually, I'm sure a lot of people would be that dumb
View Quote
Ever go to a fenway park?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The more I watch and think about it, he probably is yelling at the mascot. I think more evidence has surfaced to prove that. I mean cmon, it's 2021, who would be so dumb to yell N***** that loud at a damn ball game!!??

View Quote

I bet he sues the rockies and marlins over it.  They put put out statements on twitter last night.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#48]

I bet this becomes an annual thing now with how much money people are willing to throw at it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I bet he sues the rockies and marlins over it.  They put put out statements on twitter last night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no problem with people being assholes and saying assholish things.
I have no problem with the people around him pointing him out to security because they think his level of asshole has gone a little too far.
I have no problem with a private entity like a ball club saying "your statement exceeded the acceptable standards of the place and due to your loutish boorishness we wish for you to never darken this business' doorstep again."

I do have a problem with the Inquisition-like atmosphere that is ensuing over the whole thing. Investigations, the police being involved, Tweeters asking for help doxxing the guy, that kind of stuff is beyond the pale for a word that may or may not have been said.
Page / 232
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top