Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 69
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Prank call. They cut the video before the caller called them retards and hung up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Prank call. They cut the video before the caller called them retards and hung up.
Thanks. I'll edit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just a coincidence.  Nothing to see beyond the news reader report.  Move along....and pickup that can, citizen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alittle too cut and dried... almost like a false flag or something...
Just a coincidence.  Nothing to see beyond the news reader report.  Move along....and pickup that can, citizen.
It's so bizarre that anyone just gathering an over all synapsis of the situation from the aftermath it's guns are bad and need to be banned.

Gee, why do these events keep playing into their exact taking points to push for removing the single roadblock to a political revolution to gain absolute control and power. Certainly can't all be coincidences.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
We should ban Murder.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The media is responsible for saturating young American minds with hate-fueled propaganda.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just tuning into all this crap. I'm on my way to a family dinner where I will be surrounded by liberals. Can anyone give a concise breakdown of what's going on who the shooter was etc so I can respond to the guns or evil attack that I am facing.

And prayers for the families.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
For anyone else who wants to swing their purse at others in this thread, I ask you to stop and consider what you are doing before you write it. Especially if you just showed up on ARFCOM and want to stir the pot.

We are all affected by this but throwing purses at each other here is NOT helping matters. Just pray to your creator for their souls and imagine if this affected your immediate family. We have already discussed ad nauseam, keep your powder dry because they (fill in the blank which group “they” are) are coming for us. Unite. I swear, unite for the victims and against the enemies of liberty. We are surrounded but outnumber them. Damned jibs get in the way of riots huh.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
If we're to assume the manifesto is factual, then the shooter had a clear political motive.

By definition, he is a terrorist.

Haven't we in nearly two decades finally learned from 9/11 that the best way to fight terrorism isn't to crack down on the rights of everyone who isn't a terrorist, but instead identify the ideology responsible for terrorism and address the ideology and its recruits and proponents?

Though I doubt the people wanting to ban guns watched the Nice truck attack aftermath videos... which killed 86 and injured 434, considerably higher tolls than have been accomplished by any gun-based murderers (not employed by governments).
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#8]
So WTF is going on with this shooting?

I've been really busy all day and haven't been keeping up.

Is ANTIFA going to be in El Paso or something?

Is that related to the shooting?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We should ban Murder.
View Quote
They tried that, so far it has not worked.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If we're to assume the manifesto is factual, then the shooter had a clear political motive.

By definition, he is a terrorist.

Haven't we in nearly two decades finally learned from 9/11 that the best way to fight terrorism isn't to crack down on the rights of everyone who isn't a terrorist, but instead identify the ideology responsible for terrorism and address the ideology and its recruits and proponents?

Though I doubt the people wanting to ban guns watched the Nice truck attack aftermath videos... which killed 86 and injured 434, considerably higher tolls than have been accomplished by any gun-based murderers (not employed by governments).
View Quote
Fat lot of good it's done in the GWOT
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The media is responsible for saturating young American minds with hate-fueled propaganda.
View Quote
What is your definition of media? Is it not all propaganda?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#12]
The fuck, it's Texas, where were all of the CCW holders?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
If the manifesto is legit, the perp is worried about mexicans AND robots taking his job.

Nutty people are exposed to a lot more doom and gloom due to modern media - there is a lot less to worry about now than 500 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
My first thought.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Think about how much higher the stakes are now with the presidential election, now EO's can ban guns..... great

Great time for the NRA to implode.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Why would he drive 600 miles to attack a Wal-Mart?

Why El-Paso?

Did he target a specific demographic in Wal-Mart?

Who were his friends and associates?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I think truth is that with every one of these attacks, the American public becomes more and more desensitized to it. They're already emersed in a society of violence and gore. Attack after attack, the chances of a ban diminish. IMO, that is.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My first thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first thought.
Someone pointed out earlier in the thread very few Texans actually have a CCW, one of the lowest in the south.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The think truth is that with every one of these attacks, the American public becomes more and more desensitized to it. They're already emersed in a society of violence and gore. Attack after attack, the chances of a ban diminish. IMO, that is.
View Quote
Wrong.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Read his LinkedIn, it’s glaringly obvious what a low-effort and low-quality person he was. That had to bleed into other parts of his life. He was (probably rightfully) passed over and ignored his whole life. For people like this, a mass shooting is a chance for that to reverse, now millions will know his name and read his manifesto. The higher the kill count, the more notoriety they get. The vulture news cycle will ensure that. “Getting back” at those a society that blew him off is just icing on the cake for them.

You can attack the methods that mass shooters use all you want. But unless you attack the motivation that drives the behavior, they’ll just find another method to achieve their goal. Where there’s a will there’s a way.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm not giving up my guns.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Go spend about 5 minutes on FB and Twitter like I just did. Go look at Ted Cruz’s last FB post specifically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Go spend about 5 minutes on FB and Twitter like I just did. Go look at Ted Cruz’s last FB post specifically.
You should take your own advice.

This is Ted Cruz's statement:
My heart is with everyone in El Paso struck by this unspeakable evil. Heidi and I are praying for the victims and their families and grateful for the first responders, local authorities, and law enforcement officers working tirelessly to bring the perpetrator of this depraved act to justice and keep the entire community safe. There are millions of people in Texas and across the country standing behind you.
How is this some dire omen of an impending AWB?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
But did he go to the Cielo vista mall? Or was there just panic there because of next door? I haven't seen or heard anything about injuries over there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cielo Vista Mall has gunbuster "no weapons allowed" signs and security will ask you to leave if you open carry, so basically concealed is allowed.
But did he go to the Cielo vista mall? Or was there just panic there because of next door? I haven't seen or heard anything about injuries over there.
I don't believe he did, where they caught him is north of the store and the mall is a couple of hundred yards to the east. The Walmart does not have a direct connection to the mall parking lot and the only exits are the "bridge" to Sunmount and down a ramp to the westbound I-10 frontage road. He would have had to seriously hoof it to get over there and back to where he was arrested in the timeline. He could have driven but that intersection in front of the Hooters sucks everyday, much less on a Saturday. I used to work in The Atrium building just west of the bus terminal so I know the area quite well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's so bizarre that anyone just gathering an over all synapsis of the situation from the aftermath it's guns are bad and need to be banned.

Gee, why do these events keep playing into their exact taking points to push for removing the single roadblock to a political revolution to gain absolute control and power. Certainly can't all be coincidences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alittle too cut and dried... almost like a false flag or something...

What's that Rahm Emmanuel saying? "Don't let a crisis go to waste!" Or similar?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why would he drive 600 miles to attack a Wal-Mart?

Why El-Paso?

Did he target a specific demographic in Wal-Mart?

Who were his friends and associates?
View Quote
I'm not sure how you can rationalize what a crazy person does. Only thought I have is that he was intending on trying to get away and wanted the crime to happen out of is AO.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#26]
It’s El Paso which is as much Mexico as it is Texas
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not giving up my guns.
Yep. I've reached the point where I don't care what laws they pass, I will not comply. I've already lived the best years of my life. This is the hill to die on. Come and take them!
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not everything is a conspiracy...

But this is.

I'm sure all the stops will be pulled to milk this horrific event for everything they can get.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
For all the bravado, per capita there aren't that many in TX. WA has twice as many per capita.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It’s El Paso which is as much Mexico as it is Texas
View Quote
Fort Bliss is there. Aren't the Article 15 Clothing guys there too?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Do not know how many Hispanics have a cc permit...
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Someone pointed out earlier in the thread very few Texans actually have a CCW, one of the lowest in the south.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first thought.
As a whole, I feel like TX looks better in terms of gun numbers largely due to how many Texans there are, not in terms of per capita ownership.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If the manifesto is legit, the perp is worried about mexicans AND robots taking his job.

Nutty people are exposed to a lot more doom and gloom due to modern media - there is a lot less to worry about now than 500 years ago.
View Quote
Thus too much free time
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There is no way a 21 year old grocery bagger with no college wrote that.
My opinion
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Fantomas is there a place I can get that in a format where I can read it? Link perhaps?
http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1564857127316.jpg
I'd suggest everyone save a copy of that now for posterity before it gets scrubbed.
There is no way a 21 year old grocery bagger with no college wrote that.
My opinion
Wouldn't say no college.  He attended Collin College from Fall 2017 to Spring 2019
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My heart is with everyone in El Paso struck by this unspeakable evil. Heidi and I are praying for the victims and their families and grateful for the first responders, local authorities, and law enforcement officers working tirelessly to bring the perpetrator of this depraved act to justice and keep the entire community safe. There are millions of people in Texas and across the country standing behind you.
He literally thinks everything is a dire omen of an impending AWB.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Read his LinkedIn, it’s glaringly obvious what a low-effort and low-quality person he was. That had to bleed into other parts of his life. He was (probably rightfully) passed over and ignored his whole life. For people like this, a mass shooting is a chance for that to reverse, now millions will know his name and read his manifesto. The higher the kill count, the more notoriety they get. The vulture news cycle will ensure that. “Getting back” at those a society that blew him off is just icing on the cake for them.

You can attack the methods that mass shooters use all you want. But unless you attack the motivation that drives the behavior, they’ll just find another method to achieve their goal. Where there’s a will there’s a way.
View Quote
After conviction, the victims families get to pelt the convict with excrement and then at special days thereafter?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Read his LinkedIn, it's glaringly obvious what a low-effort and low-quality person he was. That had to bleed into other parts of his life. He was (probably rightfully) passed over and ignored his whole life. For people like this, a mass shooting is a chance for that to reverse, now millions will know his name and read his manifesto. The higher the kill count, the more notoriety they get. The vulture news cycle will ensure that. "Getting back" at those a society that blew him off is just icing on the cake for them.

You can attack the methods that mass shooters use all you want. But unless you attack the motivation that drives the behavior, they'll just find another method to achieve their goal. Where there's a will there's a way.
View Quote
The small bit I've seen from his social media tells me he was mentally disturbed, probably medicated, and fits the profile of many other mass shooters i.e. sad lonely loser with a bleak outlook on the future because his present is directionless.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Common misconception...less carry in TX per capita than Massholes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#40]
This is why I shouldnt stay off of GD for a day, next time I check on it, there's a fucking shooting...
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Is there an update so I do not have to sift 37 pages ?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first thought.
Probably far more importantly is the local who stated this Walmart is used in large part by Mexicans from Juarez doing cross-border shopping.

TX has a CHL percentage of 3.6 (according to a quick search).  Assuming 1000 people there and all CHL holders carrying, you'd have 36 people who could be carrying.  Assuming 900 of the people there are from Juarez and 100 are from the US, you'd have 3 or 4.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I always see this exact same statement in every mass shooting/violence thread....and I never get a response back when I address it.

If it's the "lack of God" that creates violence, then why are some of the safest regions/countries in the world have the highest rates of non-religious/atheists population?

Where is the rampant violence in Japan, Czech Republic, Scandinavian countries, etc? They all have the highest population of non-religious/atheists yet there also some of the safest places to live and constantly rank high on every "Quality of Life/Happiness" scale.

Wouldn't you expect those areas to just be literal Sodom and Gamorah since without God, they supposedly have zero morals and values?

Or could it be that it's more about the actual culture and has absolutely nothing to do with organized religions?

Arizona is far safer than Chicago, a single city.  Why doesn't this shit happen here?  Because we have open and concealed carry and while Texas talks a big game, fuckers like this would be dead in moments in AZ.  Pretty religious as well.  And Japan is not an atheist country, they don't believe, on average, in the same God we do.  As for being a peaceful country, look at WWII, and the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity what ever ya call it they were trying to pull off.  We nuked their asses and put an end to that shit.  But they still have knife attacks, even fuckers running amok with samurai swords, and they sell young girls used panties in vending machines. I'd say they are just as fucked up as a Country as anyone else, cause you sure as shit won't see that here.  Teenage girls getting plowed by an Octopus, yeah, real peaceful and pleasant folks aint they.

Look at the amount of rapes and open groping of women on public transportation.  Try that shit here and you get the fuck beaten out of you.  Otherwise, your post is spot on there pal.  Spot on.

You don't need religion to have a moral compass.

Just so tired of seeing this same post over and over again.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Think about how much higher the stakes are now with the presidential election, now EO's can ban guns..... great

Great time for the NRA to implode.
View Quote
Try to calm yourself down for a minute.

Nothing has changed with regard to "the stakes."

There is a sizable (and possibly growing) percentage of Americans who would like to see guns banned.  Some want "some" guns banned.  Some (albeit fewer) want "all" guns banned.

That is not a new thing.  Nothing that happened today in Texas changes that.

The liberal media exploits every such tragedy that comes along to spread anti-gun propaganda.

That is not a new thing.  Nothing that happened today in Texas changes that.

Every election going forward is going to have consequences, and yes, we COULD witness the dismantling of the Second Amendment if we lose too many political battles.

That is not a new thing.

Everyone on this website should understand what this equation looks like, and HAS looked like for a long time now.

It is important for us not to act like Chicken Little every time something like this happens.

These things are GOING to happen, given that there will always be lunatics and evil men in the world.

Being driven and controlled by emotional responses is the stock in trade of our political enemies.

Our response to these things needs to be organized, coordinated, and coldly calculated.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Biden calling for more gun control.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@StevenH

here is a better link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What manifesto are you guys talking about?
@Sputnik556

this

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222783/1564857127316_jpg-1041106.JPG
Link? Can’t read the picture

@StevenH

here is a better link
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Can someone please put a link to a non-blurry copy of the manifest in the OP?

My eyes are bad but ffs I don’t think anyone can read that
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Biden calling for more gun control.
View Quote
Did they wake him up for this?
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Fellow Texans, get ready for a fight. We must stop all efforts to change our gun laws.

Attachment Attached File

Governor Abbott won’t buckle to this bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Not very many of the haughty gun toting stereotype type 'Murican Texan in that zone from the looks of it.
Page / 69
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top