Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I added this a while back. It's my goal this year to clear out all of my excess shit and finish the 30x40 three car "garage" area.

There is a whole lot of excess though...a bit overwhelming when it comes to sorting.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

How big is the garage?  Length and width wise.  Attached to the house?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
ALWAYS get a garage with walk-up attic access. Totally worth the sightly higher roofline and the 2-3K the builder will ding you for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How often do you use your bikes?
I have thought about hanging my children's bikes but then I would be lifting them up / taking them down once a day
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both SUV's are parked inside.  Years ago at a previous house when I didn't care as much both of our cars got bad hail damage from a surprise overnight storm.  Ever since then I have made it a point to be able to park both vehicles in the garage.  Plus it's nice to be able to get in/out of them during inclement weather as well as them being more secure during the night.  Over the years I have grown to hate clutter too so I don't like having my garage filled with crap anyway.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h117/CDBNTX/Misc/garage_zps69ec8bda.jpg

How often do you use your bikes?
I have thought about hanging my children's bikes but then I would be lifting them up / taking them down once a day

I haven't gotten them down since I hung them up.    If my kids needed to use them often then I would just let them park them in front by my workbench.  I would then just have to move them when I need to use the workbench.  It would be a bit of a PITA but I want my vehicles in the garage no matter what and I am willing to put up with some hassle to do so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Storage and motorcycle graveyard. Just built a 20x20 two story shed, so working on getting at least one car in the garage. 6 motorcycles (4 are "projects") take up a lot of room.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Our garage is half car storage, half workshop. I also store my ammunition there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 3 car garage (2+1). Wife and I fit two cars in it. The third was supposed to be my man cave, but it's basically turned into storage. Bikes, charcoal grill, holiday decorations...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
its holding my broken project car, and I have a workbench and tools out there.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a two car garage that is 1/3 man cave, 1/3 weight room, and 1/3 storage (maybe less). The only way a cars being parked in there is if I build a bigger one in the backyard.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#11]
1 car, 1 motorcycle, and a bunch of crap. Really need to build a pole barn.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Automobiles get parked in the garage.

Plenty of room for storage and workspace along the back wall and side wall (shelving / etc).
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a car and a half. My 72 Cutlass resides in it along with a bench and tools. I built a loft in it for some storage of outdoor stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#14]
large 2 car garage

Has 1 HD motorcycle in it and the rest storage space. Cars are to be stored outside here in WA state.

If I had a show car I might put it in the garage.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Two cars and man cave with mig welder, oxy/acetylene torch, compressor, parts washer, tool storage shelves, drill press, sink and workbench with work area and reloading area.  It's a tight fit, but keeping the cars in the garage was a requirement of mine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Car, Harley, tools, workbench and reloading room.  Have a car in the drive but I am holding it for my SIL while she is stationed overseas.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cars are to be stored outside here in WA state.
View Quote

Is that an ordnance or something?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Had a 2 car 22x20 garage where after work bench, 180 gallon fish tank, and fridge was put out there I only have room for 1 car.

Shit got better though.  Just finished a 25x35ft shop with 10 1/2 foot ceiling.  Once lift is in I will be able to park my truck to one side of the lift, one car between the posts of the lift, one car in front of the lift, still have room for a work area.   And I will finally reclaim my 2 car garage as a 2 car garage.   4 car garage got wired for 7.1 surround and has HDMI routed to ceiling for a projector.   Garage is gonna serve as multimedia room with a 120 inch diagonal.   Probably will set up a new reloading station on one of 3 or 4 work benches that I am putting in.

I cannot stand a cluttered garage.  Quickly gets out of control if you do not stay on top of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Garage is only 22'x22' and is attached to my house - but with careful arrangement it holds all my stuff....

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Uh, both?

Wife keeps her car in the garage on one side, the other has my 64 Corvair.

Also have the lawn tools, snowblower, work bench, and freezer out there.

I wish the garage was a 3 car instead of a two car. 2 of my 4 cars have to stay outside.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cars are to be stored outside here in WA state.

Its my own RCW ordnance.

It comes from having about 8 large industrial shelves in my garage full of stuff I have collected over the years. And a bunch more shit scattered all around in various piles.

Physics says the only way a car is going into my garage is with a 100mph entry method.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine holds my 1972 Chevelle project and so much other shit I can hardly see the Chevelle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally - cars
Now - storage
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#24]
My garage is used for princess vehicle storage and tools and spare parts. My vehicles are not garaged since I am apparently better at scraping ice and snow.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My driveway is for driving, not parking.
View Quote

This.  And for the neighbor kids to ride their bikes up and down.  

My garage has my car on one side, and some stuff I just got out of storage in the other.  Eventually, that will all be inside and the "spare" half will be full of reloading stuff...some day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#26]
2 car garage...1 car, 1/2 storage.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#27]
2bikes, snowblower, lawn equipment (including riding mower), mechanic tools, bench, genereator, carpentry tools etc etc. did I mention its a 2 car garage and I can still manage to fit our civic and sienna (minivan) in it everything is strategically placed
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Both cars in garage. 80% of the people in my neighborhood use it storage.
View Quote

Same here. The people across the street have managed to completely fill theirs. I don't think they've seen the back wall in ten years.

Boggles my mind. I'd rather get in a 50 degree car when it's minus 2 out than warehouse crap I can't even use if I do remember i have it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So jealous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why I bought the house I did.
It holds my car and bike, and the rest of the room is projects
The far left bay is a sidedraft paint booth, and there is an office and bathroom in the corner.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/New%20House/0629001942a.jpg

So jealous.

Me too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Both.

I have a 69 Mustang and a 13 Mustang in storage in mine.  

Fucking winter.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a ton of money tied up into my 2 cars... If a vehicle can fit into a garage, I don't understand why anyone would want their vehicles to stay outside. Cars that stay in a garage at night, tend to be better taken care of...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a 2 1/2 car garage.  2 cars inside.  If I owned 1/2 of a car I could fit it in there also.  Large storage room is above garage.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Garage = cars/workspace
Shed/Attic= storage
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Both
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#36]

All of the above ...

Corvette & 3 motorcycles parked in it

Lots of storage &

2 TVs and a computer for when I watch football & smoke my cigars or pipe.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I store a custom teardrop camper in our garage, along with all my tools, workbench, etc, I really want to add on a two-car garage, but then my wife would make me convert the existing one-car garage into an office and mud room.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Cars! That is what it is for.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#39]
1/2 wife's stuff other 1/2 project car.  Renting additional garage space for other cars and storage.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Half and half.  3 car garage, 1 car, 1 project truck, storage (or at the moment, filled with the tiling materials for the inside of the house).  A lot of my neighbors use it for disorganized junk storage, even people with 3 car garages and only 2 cars.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a 2 car with a 1.5 car behind it.

2 car has wifes car and the other half is storage (my truck won't fit in the garage).

The 1.5 is turned into a living space where my oldest son lives.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#42]
One stall to work on stuff.

One stall has our '75 caddy.

Third gets RZR, bench, squat rack, deadlift mat and lat machine.

Caddy gets parked outside if it gets too cold for mama in the mornings.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Three car garage opening with enough space to put 4.5 cars in it....

Right now I have tools, welders, air compressors and shelves tucked neatly into cut ins in the walls....BUT  only one 1949 Chevy that's blown apart for paint...

Once I get the 49 painted it will go back to two cars and kids crap...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#44]
instead of a 18' door we could drive two trucks through,  they decided on two TINY 8' doors
to get my truck in the garage it requires serious attention even with the mirrors folded

so its my storage/woodshop
currently crazy messy and bordering on hoarder status
ETA: does have a pretty neat tool room though
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Two car Garage. Use it for both vehicles and storage. have ceiling storage racks and shelving on the walls. Work bench and gun safe are also in the garage. Keep a golden rod in the gun safe which is bolted down to the floor and the generator under my workbench.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#46]
My dad's Goldwing, my brother's 4-wheeler, my patio furniture, tools and then I park my car in there.  If I had another vehicle I could probably fit it in there, too.  Oh, my lawn mower is in there as well.  And a spare fridge that isn't hooked up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Both cars in garage. 80% of the people in my neighborhood use it storage.
View Quote

Same here on both counts. It's somewhat baffling, but hey ... their house, their rules.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I have a ton of money tied up into my 2 cars... If a vehicle can fit into a garage, I don't understand why anyone would want their vehicles to stay outside. Cars that stay in a garage at night, tend to be better taken care of...
View Quote
My car is an older Altima that is already hail damaged, as well as a former rental. Its good mechanically, but is rough cosmetically. If someone wants to steal it, I'm fine with that!

My wifes car, though a few years older and about twice the miles, is in much better shape. It stays in the garage.

Even if I made enough room in there to put two cars (I probably could,) its small enough it would be really hard to get in and out of the cars, especially with kiddos.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#49]
There is a reason, the things have big assed doors that a car can fit through.

Both can be accommodated within reason though.
Ours has a vehicle in two bays, and the Motorcycles in the other, and plenty of other stuff.

Keeping cars and trucks outside around here, is not real Schmaart this time of year. People get away with it, but they seem to enjoy having their Garage piled up with Garbage,
more than they hate standing in knee deep snow, and scraping windshields.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#50]
tools, storage, BMW K1200LTC and a '44 Willys MB (Navy MZ-2) under restoration
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top